X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Version mismatch - beta 1.0.0.166

Hello,

Very ennoying issue here.

Since updating the plugin to the latest version (1.0.0.166), my board didn't connect.

The log said I had to upgrade the firmware, which I translated to "sketch". Correct ?

So now, with a new sketch edited and uploaded to the board, things work fine. But I had to restart HS, well not enough then I had to restart once again the Plugin.

Sounds like a bit harsh process at each plugin's update huh !

I must precise my board is a genuine Arduino UNO.

So, I can't believe that skteches should be uploaded each time there's a new Beta. What am I doing wrong here ?

Thank you.

Michel

Hi Michel,

Yes, you will need to update the Sketch if there is an update or fix for a problem in the sketch. If the fix is in the plugin then the sketch used will remain the same so this is not required at every update.
    During an update, you should not have to restart the HS or the plugin and should only have to disconnect the board and reconnect by pressing the buttons in the device manager.

Greig.
    Zwave = Z-Stick, 3xHSM100� 7xACT ZDM230, 1xEverspring SM103, 2xACT HomePro ZRP210.
    X10 = CM12U, 2xAM12, 1xAW10, 1 x TM13U, 1xMS13, 2xHR10, 2xSS13
    Other Hardware = ADI Ocelot + secu16, Global Cache GC100, RFXtrx433, 3 x Foscams.
    Plugings = RFXcom, ActiveBackup, Applied Digital Ocelot, BLDeviceMatrix, BLGarbage, BLLAN, Current Cost, Global Cache GC100,HSTouch Android, HSTouch Server, HSTouch Server Unlimited, NetCAM, PowerTrigger, SageWebcamXP, SqueezeBox, X10 CM11A/CM12U.
    Scripts =
    Various

Comment

Hello Greig,

Thanks for your quick answer.

This is quite not a good news... So if I get, let's say, about 20 arduino nano installed everywhere in the house, am I supposed to bring them back to the PC and connect them through USB... ? At any relevant update ? Wow !

This brings another question : is it possible to upload a new sketch using Ethernet ? I guess it's more a question about the Arduino IDE than the plugin, but what do you know about it ?

Thanks,

Michel

Comment

Originally posted by Michelob View Post
        Hello Greig,

Thanks for your quick answer.

This is quite not a good news... So if I get, let's say, about 20 arduino nano installed everywhere in the house, am I supposed to bring them back to the PC and connect them through USB... ? At any relevant update ? Wow !

This brings another question : is it possible to upload a new sketch using Ethernet ? I guess it's more a question about the Arduino IDE than the plugin, but what do you know about it ?

Thanks,

Michel
        Michel,

It is not possible to update the sketch to an Uno through Ethernet and if you are looking to have small boards I do not think the Sketch will fit on the nano and having Ethernet shields on them to might be a problem. I think what you are looking for is the NodeMCU boards that are supported by the plugin and connect to with WIFI. This board can also be updated through WIFI so no need to move the boards to update.

Greig.
        Zwave = Z-Stick, 3xHSM100� 7xACT ZDM230, 1xEverspring SM103, 2xACT HomePro ZRP210.
        X10 = CM12U, 2xAM12, 1xAW10, 1 x TM13U, 1xMS13, 2xHR10, 2xSS13
        Other Hardware = ADI Ocelot + secu16, Global Cache GC100, RFXtrx433, 3 x Foscams.
        Plugings = RFXcom, ActiveBackup, Applied Digital Ocelot, BLDeviceMatrix, BLGarbage, BLLAN, Current Cost, Global Cache GC100,HSTouch Android, HSTouch Server, HSTouch Server Unlimited, NetCAM, PowerTrigger, SageWebcamXP, SqueezeBox, X10 CM11A/CM12U.
        Scripts =
        Various

Comment

Well you're "half" right : NodeMCU sounds as a good solution for the big majority of non-critical sensors or commands.

But regarding security and alarm, my system needs to be wired, to avoid interference/jamming neutralisation.

I guess this can be connected to NodeMCU ?

At worst, I'll make manual updates (USB) on the only Arduino in the house: the one that handles the alarm.

That's not perfect, but that's ok.

Michel

Comment

I have 4 Megas and 6 NodeMCU boards. It takes me about 10 minutes to take my laptop to the 4 Mega boards to update sketches, the NodeMCUs are done OTA from my desktop. It is a bit of trouble, but there is no way around it if changes to the sketch are required. The sketch version is always at the top of the config page and as Greig noted, the sketch might be the same for several beta versions. It would be helpful to know in advance if the sketch is updated, maybe put it in the release notes, but I just plan my update when I will have time to upload new sketches if needed. I just updated to .166 yesterday and all 10 boards needed updates.
            HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.16 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

Originally posted by Michelob View Post
              ...This is quite not a good news... So if I get, let's say, about 20 arduino nano installed everywhere in the house, am I supposed to bring them back to the PC and connect them through USB... ? At any relevant update ? Wow !...
              To be fair, this is a problem with the Arduino, not Greig's plugin.

Comment

Originally posted by drhtmal View Post

To be fair, this is a problem with the Arduino, not Greig's plugin.
                Sure, no problem, but it's still a limitation.

: yes, it would be really helpful to know this in advance. I love to update plugins (not only here in HS) to the latests betas, and being some kind of beta tester to give the coders some help, but here I won't, too bad. No problem.

Comment

Working...
                X