konnected.io board

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

konnected.io board

It seems this plugin can be used with the konnected.io board. Does this include using that board for it's intended purpose of replacing an old school wired alarm system?

Are there any tips/tricks for getting it working? Is it the same as any other ESP8266 based board?

E

Originally posted by emonster View Post
    It seems this plugin can be used with the konnected.io board. Does this include using that board for it's intended purpose of replacing an old school wired alarm system?

Are there any tips/tricks for getting it working? Is it the same as any other ESP8266 based board?

E
    Did you get this working with HS?

Comment

I haven't tried. I was hoping for some positive information before buying the konnected.io system - but of course there hasn't been any as you can see

E

Comment

This is being sold as a security system, but it seems to me the implementation is just a microcontroller with no provisions any better than an off-the-shelf microcontroller. While it is likely OK for interfacing IO to HS, I would have reservations for using it as a security system. If all you want is IO interfaces to HS then there are likely better approaches.

Comment

I implemented this with my old security system just to have access to the motion sensors and door sensors.

Comment

I have a number of wired door, window sensors from the alarm system that was in the house when I purchased it. I have replaced that with a GoControl alarm panel, which is wireless. I needed a takeover unit to change the wired sensors to wireless. I have been able to connect the wired sensors to a raspberry pi, using the RaspberryIO plugin. This gives me notification through homeseer of doors and windows and motion detector activitiy in homeseer, which I can use for events, notifications, etc. Not using homeseer or the raspberry pi as a security system.

Bruce

Comment

So the konnected.io board works just fine if you re-flash it with the correct sketch (including wireless upgrade). Pretty sure the included software would not be compatible with the Arduino plugin API.

Obviously it's expensive compared to a roll it yourself approach, however it's high quality effectively providing an easy to use shield for sensor IO. I've had one running with an API script for over a year with zero issue.

-Jeff

Comment

How did you reflash it? And what did you use?

Comment

I took a look at the konnected.io website and realized that there is a new version of the board:
                  • For V1.0 boards it's essentially a shield for a standard NodeMCU (supplied) plugged in. This is the board I board and simply connected to the USB port and refreshed using the IDE - complete reflash using the sketch output by the Homeseer Arduino plugin. Worked great.
                  • For V2.0 boards it looks like the shield and NodeMCU have merged into a single board. Assuming it's still a NodeMCU (I can't tell), there appears to be a USB port and thus the likelihood that a refresh will work. However at this point I don't have one to actually test so YMMV.
                  -Jeff

Comment

So with the Andruino plugin, does it also have the wireless drivers for the konnected board?

Comment

Yes - it's literally just a NodeMCU and thus like compatible boards it has all the correct devices and driver support. Remember that the Arduino plugin is simply a sketch, the underlying Arduino support (drivers, network stacks, etc.) have nothing to do with the plugin - that's simply Arduino.

Note that the Konnected.io PRO model that is being advertised runs with an ESP32 chip which is significantly more powerful and I have zero experience with... no sure if any issues will develop. Having dug thought the Arduino API the emitted sketch should be agnostic to the underlying CPU architecture so I would expect it to work. However there are a number of underlying libraries you need (they are imported by the sketch) - not sure if any of these will be a problem. Without getting a board and testing it's not clear what problems might exist.

Comment

I received a Konnected Pro to replace a Napco Magnum 1008e control board, and am trying to natively connect it to HS4. There is a mention above that "the plug in works"; is there anyone that can list the steps to add it in to the Arduino plugin? Please?

Comment

januszczyk I got the konnected board flashed and connected to HS. The motion sensor works but the door sensors don't seem to work. They worked with Smartthings and hubitat. Did you get door sensors to work and if so how did you connect your wires? I have two door sensors that say open and one that says closed. But nothing happens when I open or close the doors and all doors are closed.

Comment

Do you have any resistors inline to the wires. I believe you need to remove them, that might be causing the issue.

Comment

How were you able to "Connect" it to HS? Is there a driver needed? I don't find any specific instructions on how to do that....

Comment

Working...
                              X