Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Arduino Plugin and Infrared Blaster Control?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Arduino Plugin and Infrared Blaster Control?

Running HS3 Pro on Win10 and am a complete newbie to Arduino. I have 3 HiLetgo ESP8266 NodeMCUs and IR RX/TX LEDs showing up this week to start playing with. Intent is to use them to build WiFi IR blasters for TVs/AV Gear triggered from Homeseer events. I have read an HS post showing ways to build this and use HS3 scripts and GetURL HTTP to push IR codes to Arduino, running this on the Arduino https://github.com/mdhiggins/ESP8266-HTTP-IR-Blaster

Then today I happen to see Facebook posting from HS highlighting this Arduino Plugin and started reading. So far searching this plugin forum I haven't found anything related to IR Control. Would this plugin make any of this easier?

I was wondering the same thing. I have a few of the HiLetgo ESP8266 NodeMCUs also. I am looking to use them as IR blasters to control the TV in the room as well as get temperature from a one-wire sensor. The plug in looks cool, but I am not sure if it supports IR.

Comment

You can use any IO you want if you use the API sketch and write your own code for it. I have an IR receiver below my TV so when the power button is pressed it turns on the Zwave outlet and powers up the TV with a harmony hub.
      Zwave = Z-Stick, 3xHSM100� 7xACT ZDM230, 1xEverspring SM103, 2xACT HomePro ZRP210.
      X10 = CM12U, 2xAM12, 1xAW10, 1 x TM13U, 1xMS13, 2xHR10, 2xSS13
      Other Hardware = ADI Ocelot + secu16, Global Cache GC100, RFXtrx433, 3 x Foscams.
      Plugings = RFXcom, ActiveBackup, Applied Digital Ocelot, BLDeviceMatrix, BLGarbage, BLLAN, Current Cost, Global Cache GC100,HSTouch Android, HSTouch Server, HSTouch Server Unlimited, NetCAM, PowerTrigger, SageWebcamXP, SqueezeBox, X10 CM11A/CM12U.
      Scripts =
      Various

Comment

Working...
      X