Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HS3 Connected Status for nodeMCU API

Hi,
    I have been trying to understand the mechanism for connecting/disconnecting/reset for a board running nodeMCU API to establish why it sometimes hangs.

Using a nodeMCU board (#5), print statements in the sketch and looking at the debug file, most things now make sense.

However, there is one area that doesn't.

If I drop the Wifi connection the debug log shows, after a "5 K" (Board #5, keep alive command" has been issued, the following expected response:-

"Connection failed running reset". So far, so good.

However, even after 10mins the nodeMCU status in HS3 for Board 5 still shows "Connected". This can't be right.

It is only by rebooting HS3 that the correct status is displayed.

I would be interested to know what is wrong.

Cheers

Stewart

Stuart,

The device status should change through:
    1. Board 5 has a connection ERROR. Retrying.
    2. Board 5 has a connection ERROR. Trying Reset.
    3. Board 5 Connection FAILED.
    4. Board 5 Connection FAILED running Reset.

Are you saying it jumps to Board 5 Connection FAILED running Reset and the board device is never updated from Connected as this is strange behaviour.

Greig.
    Zwave = Z-Stick, 3xHSM100� 7xACT ZDM230, 1xEverspring SM103, 2xACT HomePro ZRP210.
    X10 = CM12U, 2xAM12, 1xAW10, 1 x TM13U, 1xMS13, 2xHR10, 2xSS13
    Other Hardware = ADI Ocelot + secu16, Global Cache GC100, RFXtrx433, 3 x Foscams.
    Plugings = RFXcom, ActiveBackup, Applied Digital Ocelot, BLDeviceMatrix, BLGarbage, BLLAN, Current Cost, Global Cache GC100,HSTouch Android, HSTouch Server, HSTouch Server Unlimited, NetCAM, PowerTrigger, SageWebcamXP, SqueezeBox, X10 CM11A/CM12U.
    Scripts =
    Various

Comment

Hi Greig,

I did not look for the messages 1 to 3, as 4 was the last one, and it caught my attention. I will repeat the exercise tomorrow, and get back to you.

Yes, if the Wifi connection is lost the "Alive" routine knows that the connection has failed after trying a reset, but as far as HS3 is concerned it is still connected OK.

I waited over 10mins for the connection status to change. However, restarting HS updated the status.

Stewart

Comment

Hi Greig,

I deleted Board #5, restarted HS3. Added Board #5, restarted HS3. Now I see the correct actions re connection failed.

You live and learn... Thanks for your help.

Stewart

Comment

This is strange. Can you tell me the upgrade path you have used? What version were you on and what are you using now?
          Zwave = Z-Stick, 3xHSM100� 7xACT ZDM230, 1xEverspring SM103, 2xACT HomePro ZRP210.
          Other Hardware = ADI Ocelot + secu16, Global Cache GC100, RFXtrx433, 3 x Foscams.
          Plugings = RFXcom, ActiveBackup, Applied Digital Ocelot, BLDeviceMatrix, BLGarbage, BLLAN, Current Cost, Global Cache GC100,HSTouch Android, HSTouch Server, HSTouch Server Unlimited, NetCAM, PowerTrigger, SageWebcamXP, SqueezeBox, X10 CM11A/CM12U.
          Scripts =
          Various

Comment

Not quite sure which upgrade path you are referring to.

Comment

The Arduino Plugin. Are you a new user or did you upgrade to the beta version of the plugin and if so from which version number? No problems if you can't remember. It just might help me track how this happened.

Greig.
              Scripts =
              Various

Comment

I went straight in to using the beta version.

I have now tried failing boards 1 to 5 in turn, both by disconnecting their supply and/or their WiFi signal, and they appear to recover OK. Sometimes it takes a while.

I guess that a number of things need to get in sync -- SoftWDT, Keep Alive/Reset and HS3.

Stewart

Comment

Working...
                X