keep alive in API mode

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

keep alive in API mode

Is there a way to implement keep alive pin in API mode? If yes how would I implement it?

Thanks

At the moment the answer is no but I will look at adding this to the plugin.

Greig.
    Zwave = Z-Stick, 3xHSM100� 7xACT ZDM230, 1xEverspring SM103, 2xACT HomePro ZRP210.
    X10 = CM12U, 2xAM12, 1xAW10, 1 x TM13U, 1xMS13, 2xHR10, 2xSS13
    Other Hardware = ADI Ocelot + secu16, Global Cache GC100, RFXtrx433, 3 x Foscams.
    Plugings = RFXcom, ActiveBackup, Applied Digital Ocelot, BLDeviceMatrix, BLGarbage, BLLAN, Current Cost, Global Cache GC100,HSTouch Android, HSTouch Server, HSTouch Server Unlimited, NetCAM, PowerTrigger, SageWebcamXP, SqueezeBox, X10 CM11A/CM12U.
    Scripts =
    Various

Comment

thank you!!!!

Comment

Greig,

I am testing with the latest version of the API code on uno and noticed that when I unplug the Ethernet cable and connection is lost then re-plug the cable in the API is not able to reconnect with HS3. I am not sure if the code should be running the if connected loop at that point but I did also notice that my LED flashes even though the connection is not there, meaning the if connected loop is still executing. I have a little code in that section that flashes the LED.

The issue is that the API does not self reconnect into HS3 even though the connection is back. The only way to get it back is to reset it. I was trying to create a visual via LED to see when the connection exist as mentioned above but it seems I discovered a bigger problem. Is this something that can be resolved?

Best Regards
        Mark

One question, is there a way to make an output show the connection state say via LED ? Making the LED flip state in the if connected loop does not seem to do it.

Thanks
        Mark

Comment

Mark,

As per my last post this is on the list of things to do and I will get it in there.

Greig.
          Zwave = Z-Stick, 3xHSM100� 7xACT ZDM230, 1xEverspring SM103, 2xACT HomePro ZRP210.
          Other Hardware = ADI Ocelot + secu16, Global Cache GC100, RFXtrx433, 3 x Foscams.
          Plugings = RFXcom, ActiveBackup, Applied Digital Ocelot, BLDeviceMatrix, BLGarbage, BLLAN, Current Cost, Global Cache GC100,HSTouch Android, HSTouch Server, HSTouch Server Unlimited, NetCAM, PowerTrigger, SageWebcamXP, SqueezeBox, X10 CM11A/CM12U.
          Scripts =
          Various

Comment

Originally posted by enigmatheatre View Post
            Mark,

As per my last post this is on the list of things to do and I will get it in there.

Greig.

Ahhh, ok cool, I did not know this is also going to address the loss of connection reconnect issue. Thank you !!!!

Comment

Mark,

Sorry, I should have explained ( things are getting a little mad round here!! ). There is a timer on in the standard sketch that will reset the board and will cause the connection to be reestablished if the connection is lost but this is not functioning in the API sketch, I plan to add this in to help with the connections and will also make the Alive pin available in the API version.

Greig.
              Scripts =
              Various

Comment

I think this fix will help the API connection problems that I am seeing.

Stewart

Comment

Working...
                X