Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Update for HomeSeer 4

Hello.
    I most likely will use this plugin to connect my NVR alarm outputs and inputs to HomeSeer.
    i looked around but can’t find info if the plugin will be updated for HomeSeer 4 and if there will be the need to buy it again or if a update will be offered.
    I would wait to buy it till a HomeSeer 4 version is a available since I will switch over to version 4.
    that is if there is even a new version for HomeSeer 4.

did anyone try this plugin on HomeSeer 4 ??

rainer.

I have not been able to get the plugin to work properly on any HS4 beta version through today's beta 4.0.4.0. I believe Greig is working on it. It does start and partially runs. I can control outputs but not read inputs and the arduinos show offline even though they are running and connected.

Edit: The reason the Arduino HS4 plugin would not work was a Windows 10 firewall issue. Since I installed HS4 in the HS4 directory the Arduino plugin did not have network permissions like the old one did in the HS3 directory. Thanks for helping me debug this Greig.

Comment

Originally posted by Mahera View Post
      Hello.
      I most likely will use this plugin to connect my NVR alarm outputs and inputs to HomeSeer.
      i looked around but can’t find info if the plugin will be updated for HomeSeer 4 and if there will be the need to buy it again or if a update will be offered.
      I would wait to buy it till a HomeSeer 4 version is a available since I will switch over to version 4.
      that is if there is even a new version for HomeSeer 4.

did anyone try this plugin on HomeSeer 4 ??

rainer.
      Sorry I missed your post. I am working on the HS4 version of the plugin and there will be a cost for the update but at a reduced rate for HS3 users. If you purchase the HS3 plugin now there will be a free update to HS4 included with the purchase so no need to wait.
      Zwave = Z-Stick, 3xHSM100� 7xACT ZDM230, 1xEverspring SM103, 2xACT HomePro ZRP210.
      X10 = CM12U, 2xAM12, 1xAW10, 1 x TM13U, 1xMS13, 2xHR10, 2xSS13
      Other Hardware = ADI Ocelot + secu16, Global Cache GC100, RFXtrx433, 3 x Foscams.
      Plugings = RFXcom, ActiveBackup, Applied Digital Ocelot, BLDeviceMatrix, BLGarbage, BLLAN, Current Cost, Global Cache GC100,HSTouch Android, HSTouch Server, HSTouch Server Unlimited, NetCAM, PowerTrigger, SageWebcamXP, SqueezeBox, X10 CM11A/CM12U.
      Scripts =
      Various

Comment

Originally posted by Archcantor View Post
        I have not been able to get the plugin to work properly on any HS4 beta version through today's beta 4.0.4.0. I believe Greig is working on it. It does start and partially runs. I can control outputs but not read inputs and the arduinos show offline even though they are running and connected.
        Rick,

I have installed the HS3 version of the plugin and it is running fine on HS V4.0.4.0 were you talking about the HS3 or HS4 version?

Greig.
        Zwave = Z-Stick, 3xHSM100� 7xACT ZDM230, 1xEverspring SM103, 2xACT HomePro ZRP210.
        Other Hardware = ADI Ocelot + secu16, Global Cache GC100, RFXtrx433, 3 x Foscams.
        Plugings = RFXcom, ActiveBackup, Applied Digital Ocelot, BLDeviceMatrix, BLGarbage, BLLAN, Current Cost, Global Cache GC100,HSTouch Android, HSTouch Server, HSTouch Server Unlimited, NetCAM, PowerTrigger, SageWebcamXP, SqueezeBox, X10 CM11A/CM12U.
        Scripts =
        Various

Comment

Originally posted by enigmatheatre View Post
          Rick,

I have installed the HS3 version of the plugin and it is running fine on HS V4.0.4.0 were you talking about the HS3 or HS4 version?

Greig.
          Hi Greig,

I was talking about running the Arduino HS3 Plugin v1.0.0.166 under HS4 v4.0.4.0 beta,

Tested again. I have a Mega and two NodeMCUs. All have LCD displays. The plugin loads and initializes. The plugin shows all of them with the yellow triangle "Connection Failed" and all are showing "Disconnected" but they all signed on their screens and are displaying information. They all respond to "Reset" and all show "Reset" on the screens. None of them process input signals. Output signals work on the Mega. No outputs are configured on the NodeMCUs.

Thanks,

-Rick

Edit: The reason the Arduino HS4 plugin would not work was a Windows 10 firewall issue. Since I installed HS4 in the HS4 directory the Arduino plugin did not have network permissions like the old one did in the HS3 directory. Thanks for helping me debug this Greig.

Comment

Hello rick
            thanks for taking time to post your experience.
            Mali’s thanks to the author to let us know that there will be a version 4 and that it will be included should one buy now.
            i will download the Plugin and see that I can get it to work with my NVR and then buy it.

thanks again and stay safe everyone.

rainer

Comment

Hi Greig,

I was talking about running the Arduino HS3 Plugin v1.0.0.166 under HS4 v4.0.4.0 beta,

Tested again. I have a Mega and two NodeMCUs. All have LCD displays. The plugin loads and initializes. The plugin shows all of them with the yellow triangle "Connection Failed" and all are showing "Disconnected" but they all signed on their screens and are displaying information. They all respond to "Reset" and all show "Reset" on the screens. None of them process input signals. Output signals work on the Mega. No outputs are configured on the NodeMCUs.

Thanks,

-Rick
              I have the following working :: Arduino HS3 Plugin v1.0.0.166 under HS4 v4.0.4.0 beta

On a Mega, i have confirmed digital inputs and outputs. Analogue inputs. Servo motor outputs. Board has been connected for the past few days with no issues. I can disconnect it, reset it and then reconnect without issue.

Comment

Originally posted by remtam View Post

I have the following working :: Arduino HS3 Plugin v1.0.0.166 under HS4 v4.0.4.0 beta

On a Mega, i have confirmed digital inputs and outputs. Analogue inputs. Servo motor outputs. Board has been connected for the past few days with no issues. I can disconnect it, reset it and then reconnect without issue.
                Thanks for this post. Did you reload your arduino sketches after you installed HS4 or did you continue to use the arduino sketches that were already in your devices from when they were running in HS3!

Comment

Thanks for this post. Did you reload your arduino sketches after you installed HS4 or did you continue to use the arduino sketches that were already in your devices from when they were running in HS3!
                  I never had HS3, and I didn't use the Arduino plugin until I installed HS4, so this was the first time any sketch got loaded into a new Mega. Based on how the plug in appears in HS4, and from reading all of the instructions related to how the plugin is supposed to function in HS3, it appears to function exactly the same way in HS4 (if that makes any sense).

Its pretty easy to call for a new sketch inside HS4..... its exactly the same procedure as if you were using HS3. If you are having issues that would be something to try.

Once its working it displays nicely in the new HS4 format, mobile included (see attached)

Click image for larger version  Name:	Screenshot_20200420-210344_HomeSeer Mobile.jpg Views:	0 Size:	46.3 KB ID:	1379553

My next step is to try and connect an Arduino Uno Wifi Rev2 as my application isn't near the computer thats running HS4.

Comment

Originally posted by remtam View Post

I never had HS3, and I didn't use the Arduino plugin until I installed HS4, so this was the first time any sketch got loaded into a new Mega. Based on how the plug in appears in HS4, and from reading all of the instructions related to how the plugin is supposed to function in HS3, it appears to function exactly the same way in HS4 (if that makes any sense).

Its pretty easy to call for a new sketch inside HS4..... its exactly the same procedure as if you were using HS3. If you are having issues that would be something to try.

Once its working it displays nicely in the new HS4 format, mobile included (see attached)

Click image for larger version Name:	Screenshot_20200420-210344_HomeSeer Mobile.jpg Views:	0 Size:	46.3 KB ID:	1379553

My next step is to try and connect an Arduino Uno Wifi Rev2 as my application isn't near the computer thats running HS4.
                    Thanks so much for the helpful update. The plugin is working perfectly for me in HS3 with a Mega and two Node MCUs both with LCD displays. I tried reloading the Sketches and it did not help. None of the inputs work. The outputs work, The boards show disconnected even though they are working for outputs. I think I am going to try deleting all the boards and starting from scratch in HS4 since you had success starting fresh.

It's going to be a major project to start fresh. There are 20 input devices and 10 output devices plus 4 text line buffers each for the three displays. When I delete the boards those devices go away and have to all be set up again! Ugh. Plus the NodeMCUs have compile errors with the HS4 skecthes.

HomeseerBoard3:374:24: error: ISO C++ forbids comparison between pointer and integer [-fpermissive]

if (millis() < lastUpdated) { // we wrapped around, lets just try again

^
                    It's strange because that code exists in the HS3 sketch and it complies fine. Using IDE 1.8.9 on both.

-Rick

Comment

Thanks so much for the helpful update. The plugin is working perfectly for me in HS3 with a Mega and two Node MCUs both with LCD displays. I tried reloading the Sketches and it did not help. None of the inputs work. The outputs work, The boards show disconnected even though they are working for outputs. I think I am going to try deleting all the boards and starting from scratch in HS4 since you had success starting fresh.

It's going to be a major project to start fresh. There are 20 input devices and 10 output devices plus 4 text line buffers each for the three displays. When I delete the boards those devices go away and have to all be set up again! Ugh. Plus the NodeMCUs have compile errors with the HS4 skecthes.

HomeseerBoard3:374:24: error: ISO C++ forbids comparison between pointer and integer [-fpermissive]

if (millis() < lastUpdated) { // we wrapped around, lets just try again

^
                      It's strange because that code exists in the HS3 sketch and it complies fine. Using IDE 1.8.9 on both.

-Rick
                      Rick,

There should be no need to start again and *** this is the same code you are running I can't see how it would help. I want there to be an upgrade path for all users. I am working on the HS4 version at the moment and plan on a new build next week as there have been many changes to HS4 that have been hard work getting it to work.

Are you sure what you are seeing is not just the HS4 UI not updating as this is something that I have noticed. Try and refresh the page and see if the board status updates or capture a debug log and send it to me so I can see what is going on.

Greig.
                      Scripts =
                      Various

Comment

Originally posted by enigmatheatre View Post

Rick,

There should be no need to start again and *** this is the same code you are running I can't see how it would help. I want there to be an upgrade path for all users. I am working on the HS4 version at the moment and plan on a new build next week as there have been many changes to HS4 that have been hard work getting it to work.

Are you sure what you are seeing is not just the HS4 UI not updating as this is something that I have noticed. Try and refresh the page and see if the board status updates or capture a debug log and send it to me so I can see what is going on.

Greig.
                        Thanks for helping me Greig. I went into the Windows firewall and allowed HSPI_Arduino.exe and now all is well. It seems it had to do with installing HS4 into a folder named HS4 instead of upgrading directly into the HS3 folder. I wanted to keep 3 and 4 installed at the same time. Whatever firewall permissions were allowed in the HS3 folder were not carried over into the HS4 folder.

Comment

After days of testing the Arduino HS3 plugin 1.0.0.166 works perfectly under HS4 now testing on 4.0.5.0

As I mentioned in the previous post for some reason my Windows firewall was not allowing traffic into the HSPI_Arduino.exe plugin. This was causing the plugin not to receive any network data. All my Arduinos are connected by Ethernet (Mega) or Wifi (NodeMCU).

Thanks Greig for helping me figure this one out!

-Rick

Comment

Working...
                          X