Need help running the PI remotely

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need help running the PI remotely

I've replicated the PI directories and files on the remote PC per the manual and double-checked all files are there. Arduino IDE is installed on both systems. When I try to run the PI from the remote CLI, I get the error below. HS server and remote PC are Win10, on separate subnets over site-to-site VPN with no firewall restrictions between the subnets. Have a z-net running on the remote side of the VPN so pretty confident it's not a firewall issue.

Any ideas what may be wrong and/or suggestions how to troubleshoot?

Code:
    C:\Users\wgidd>"C:\Program Files (x86)\HomeSeer HS3\hspi_arduino.exe" server=192.168.0.16

Unhandled Exception: System.TypeInitializationException: The type initializer for 'HSPI_Arduino.Main' threw an exception. ---> System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly 'HSCF, Version=1.0.0.2, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.
       at HSPI_Arduino.Main..cctor()
       --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
       at HSPI_Arduino.Main.Main()

C:\Users\wgidd>
    Thanks.
    -Wade

Can I ask why you are running the plugin remotely? I have not looked at this in a long time as most users are now using Ethernet and this was added when USB was the only option. I can look into the problem but would recommend using Ethernet through your VPN.

Greig.
    Zwave = Z-Stick, 3xHSM100� 7xACT ZDM230, 1xEverspring SM103, 2xACT HomePro ZRP210.
    X10 = CM12U, 2xAM12, 1xAW10, 1 x TM13U, 1xMS13, 2xHR10, 2xSS13
    Other Hardware = ADI Ocelot + secu16, Global Cache GC100, RFXtrx433, 3 x Foscams.
    Plugings = RFXcom, ActiveBackup, Applied Digital Ocelot, BLDeviceMatrix, BLGarbage, BLLAN, Current Cost, Global Cache GC100,HSTouch Android, HSTouch Server, HSTouch Server Unlimited, NetCAM, PowerTrigger, SageWebcamXP, SqueezeBox, X10 CM11A/CM12U.
    Scripts =
    Various

Comment

I do 99% of my development from my office--remote from my HS server at home. I need to be able to develop the API sketch there and have direct access to the device for testing and configuration. This is my first time to use the PI (just downloaded for trial), and I'm relatively new to the arduino IDE so I expect it to take some time to get the sketch working. My current project is a 418MHz remote control transmitter emulating a 3-button fob using a NodeMCU and STPA RF module. After considerable hair pulling I have the basic code to transmit the three 40-bit pulses, and now I need to integrate with HS3 via wifi. I toyed with handling it myself via http but after a couple days' fiddling it's become obvious I'd be much better off letting your PI handle that lifting.

It's my understanding the board has to be connected to the PC running the PI .exe to upload sketches. If that's incorrect or if there's another way around it then running remotely might not be necessary. I was just going by the manual so assumed remote was an option.
      -Wade

Comment

The board does not need to be physically connected to the HS system to upload the sketch this can be done from a remote PC connected to its USB.
        1. Create the board in HS
        2. Set up the WIFI config in HS
        3. Download the sketch on to your remote PC from the config page
        4. Install the Arduino IDE on the remote PC
        5. Configure the IDE for the NodeMCU
        6. Upload the sketch to the board
        7. The board will now connect to HS through your VPN and update the status. (If all the config is correct.)
        8. If you need to upload to the NodeMCU again you can open the Arduino IDE and change the port to the NodeMCU that should be listed and this will upload it over WIFI to the board.
        Greig.
        Zwave = Z-Stick, 3xHSM100� 7xACT ZDM230, 1xEverspring SM103, 2xACT HomePro ZRP210.
        X10 = CM12U, 2xAM12, 1xAW10, 1 x TM13U, 1xMS13, 2xHR10, 2xSS13
        Other Hardware = ADI Ocelot + secu16, Global Cache GC100, RFXtrx433, 3 x Foscams.
        Plugings = RFXcom, ActiveBackup, Applied Digital Ocelot, BLDeviceMatrix, BLGarbage, BLLAN, Current Cost, Global Cache GC100,HSTouch Android, HSTouch Server, HSTouch Server Unlimited, NetCAM, PowerTrigger, SageWebcamXP, SqueezeBox, X10 CM11A/CM12U.
        Scripts =
        Various

Comment

Thanks Greig. I'll give it a go.
          -Wade

Comment

Originally posted by enigmatheatre View Post
            The board does not need to be physically connected to the HS system to upload the sketch this can be done from a remote PC connected to its USB.
            1. Create the board in HS
            2. Set up the WIFI config in HS
            3. Download the sketch on to your remote PC from the config page
            4. Install the Arduino IDE on the remote PC
            5. Configure the IDE for the NodeMCU
            6. Upload the sketch to the board
            7. The board will now connect to HS through your VPN and update the status. (If all the config is correct.)
            8. If you need to upload to the NodeMCU again you can open the Arduino IDE and change the port to the NodeMCU that should be listed and this will upload it over WIFI to the board.
            Greig.
            Greig, I have the test setup fully working. Now to solder up a production unit and put it to work. Thanks for your assist and the great plugin!

One thing on the steps above. #8, OTA sketch upload isn't working for me, although I've not spent much time troubleshooting yet. I'm running Arduino IDE 1.8.12 because I had it installed before starting with the PI, so that could be the issue.
            -Wade

Comment

Working...
            X