Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HS Version 4.0.0.7

Good Morning,
    I am new to both Arduino and this plugin. Not having problems learning IDE and Arduino however, I am having problems getting the plugin to work.
    Running latest HS 4 beta 4.0.4.0
    Plugin 4.0.0.7
    Arduino UNO

Problems:

During the add board function, last step to click on download sketch does not work, I get a spinning wheel and have to back out.
    The board is setup as Normal, not using API. and is comport not network however, the plugin says something about Ethernet issue with a click ok just prior to the spinning wheel

On the board page, add pins functions works, however connect does not. Board will randomly connect on it's own. The SKETCH button does nothing.

On the Plug In settings page the Gateway has the subnet address 255.255.255.0 and the subnet holds the gateway address.

I'm fairly sure these issues are related to my lack of experience with both the plugin and the Arduino. I am a quick learner. I have been running HS every since it was first release and I am a Motorola Systems Technician with networking training.

Any help would be welcomed. With this stay (work from home) in place I have some time to work on this.

Can I as what OS you are using?

There are some problems with the plugin as there were some changes made in HS4 that have caused me problems. I think you are the first user I know to install a fresh version of the V4 plugin. I am working on fixing this and hope to have an update in the next couple of weeks. You could install the HS3 Beta in HS4 which would give you a working version of the plugin or wait for the update which has an updated guided process on setting up the IDE included.

Greig.
    Zwave = Z-Stick, 3xHSM100� 7xACT ZDM230, 1xEverspring SM103, 2xACT HomePro ZRP210.
    X10 = CM12U, 2xAM12, 1xAW10, 1 x TM13U, 1xMS13, 2xHR10, 2xSS13
    Other Hardware = ADI Ocelot + secu16, Global Cache GC100, RFXtrx433, 3 x Foscams.
    Plugings = RFXcom, ActiveBackup, Applied Digital Ocelot, BLDeviceMatrix, BLGarbage, BLLAN, Current Cost, Global Cache GC100,HSTouch Android, HSTouch Server, HSTouch Server Unlimited, NetCAM, PowerTrigger, SageWebcamXP, SqueezeBox, X10 CM11A/CM12U.
    Scripts =
    Various

Comment

Thanks Greig for the very quick reply. The HS computer is running Windows 7. I may remove the HS 4 version just to play with the HS 3 beta version. Let me know if I can be of help testing the HS4 version. Stay safe
      and
      Thanks for all of your hard work

Comment

I am in the similar situation as Ed

New set up. Nothing carried over from HS3 or previous versions of the plugin.

Running latest HS 4 beta 4.0.4.0
        Plugin 4.0.0.7
        Arduino Mega
        Windows 10

When I get to the download sketch part of adding a new board, I get the following error pop up

Error finding line = #include<Ethernet.h>

I have copied the libraries to the correct local folder and I can see the Ethernet.h file in there, but I'm guessing this error is something going wrong during compiling of the sketch?

I have the HS3 plugin V1.0.0.166 working fine with HS 4 beta 4.0.4.0. I will be able to use that for now for testing

Comment

So I uninstalled the HS4 version of the plugin and installed the HS3 beta version. The .ino generated compiles and loads onto the ESP8266 without error however, the board does not connect to my WIFI. I can load the wifimanager and other WIFI files and connect to the network without problems. Here is the file. I an not find any issue with it. Your help will be welcome.
          Attached Files

Comment

I guess you commented out your wifi password in the code and that this is correct in the version on the board?

Can you change the line:
            #define Debug false

to

#define Debug True

and then upload the sketch again.

After it is done open the serial monitor in the IDE and it should show you some code. Can you post that?

Greig.
            Zwave = Z-Stick, 3xHSM100� 7xACT ZDM230, 1xEverspring SM103, 2xACT HomePro ZRP210.
            Other Hardware = ADI Ocelot + secu16, Global Cache GC100, RFXtrx433, 3 x Foscams.
            Plugings = RFXcom, ActiveBackup, Applied Digital Ocelot, BLDeviceMatrix, BLGarbage, BLLAN, Current Cost, Global Cache GC100,HSTouch Android, HSTouch Server, HSTouch Server Unlimited, NetCAM, PowerTrigger, SageWebcamXP, SqueezeBox, X10 CM11A/CM12U.
            Scripts =
            Various

Comment

So I got no output in the Serial Monitor other than a string of garbarge with dbbug start.... on the end then nothing. I left it connected for 20 min. I have to press the restart buttion on the board to get that! Attached is the output from compiler/upload

This is almost making me pull what is left of my hair out

Thanks
              Attached Files

Comment

Sorry, you need to set the Serial Baud rate to 115200 in the serial monitor window. then reset the board.
                Scripts =
                Various

Comment

can you ping the board on your network?
                  Scripts =
                  Various

Comment

No. now if I load some of the other WIFI projects into the board it connects to and works on the network I have loaded WIFImanager and WIFIserver on the board and both connect to my network

Comment

Please try the serial monitor again with the Serial Baud rate to 115200 in the serial monitor window. and the debug flag set to True then reset the board.
                      Scripts =
                      Various

Comment

those are the settings I am using

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	IDE.PNG
Views:	101
Size:	140.4 KB
ID:	1379689
                          Just to confirm this is what you see in the serial monitor and the selection in yellow is set to 115200?

What board are you using?

Greig.
                          Scripts =
                          Various

Comment

Greig, just to be clear, I have been using a raspberry pi4 for IDE programming. I will transfer everyting to the Windows 7 computer and try again.

Comment

So this is what debug shows in the serial monitor
                              Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                              X