Error Creating Device

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Error Creating Device

I have been trying to configure a new genuine arduino UNO for several days now and have not had any luck, I am hoping that someone here can assist.

I am running the following software:
    HS4 Standard Edition 4.0.5.0 (Windows)
    arduino plugin version 4.0.0.7

this in running in a win 10 VM on ESXi 6.5 Hardware is a Dell r710

this is a new install as i have owned homeseer for 3 years now and am finally getting around to set it up.

When i attempt to configure the Arduino through the "Add Arduino Board" link, I follow the steps and everything seems fine.

I downloaded and installed the Arduino software, downloaded and unpacked the library files to the arduino/libraries folder.

The problem is when I click the "Download Sketch" button.

I get the following popup and the software just spins forever (or at least 20 minutes) as that as long as i have waited. I have to close the window and log back in to get back to the system.

Error finding line = #include<Ethernet.h>

The device is created when i restart but it never connects and i have no sketch to configure the device.

The arduino is connected currently to the server via usb, and the usb port is passed through to the VM, it is also connected to the same network as the server and VM.

Thoughts?

Thanks in Advance......

Randy

This and many other bugs are fixed in Beta V4.0.1.0 in the HS4 updater.

Greig.
    Zwave = Z-Stick, 3xHSM100� 7xACT ZDM230, 1xEverspring SM103, 2xACT HomePro ZRP210.
    X10 = CM12U, 2xAM12, 1xAW10, 1 x TM13U, 1xMS13, 2xHR10, 2xSS13
    Other Hardware = ADI Ocelot + secu16, Global Cache GC100, RFXtrx433, 3 x Foscams.
    Plugings = RFXcom, ActiveBackup, Applied Digital Ocelot, BLDeviceMatrix, BLGarbage, BLLAN, Current Cost, Global Cache GC100,HSTouch Android, HSTouch Server, HSTouch Server Unlimited, NetCAM, PowerTrigger, SageWebcamXP, SqueezeBox, X10 CM11A/CM12U.
    Scripts =
    Various

Comment

Working...
    X