Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Strange Problem with Inputs Moved to a Different Floor and Room from Original Install

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Strange Problem with Inputs Moved to a Different Floor and Room from Original Install

I'm having a strange problem using the 1..0.0.131 version of this plugin. I'm running a standard Uno with Ethernet shield (88000 or something like that) and have outputs and inputs configured. Running latest released HS3 version on a fresh Win 10 Pro install with disabled firewall. I performed the installation of everything (version of the Arduino software, etc...) to the letter of the install instructions posted with this plugin (on a fresh Arduino board)

I moved three out of four inputs to different floor and room assignments from their original 'Arduino Plugin' ones. Wired up some normally closed (contact closure) door sensors and motion sensor to the inputs (between the inputs and a common ground pin) and all was working well. The one input I was not using had nothing connected to it and it remained in the original Arduino plugin floor and room assignments. All outputs worked as normal.

This morning woke up and noticed the three hardwired inputs were all 'closed' or connected to ground and stayed that way, even when the door/motion was opened. What is weird is that when I went to the one input that was not used and manually connected it to ground via a wire at the board, it worked (was showing open, then closed when I touched the wire between its input and ground).

With the terminal board off (no I/O connections to the board) I had to remove the hardwired input pins from the plugin, re enter them (and not move them from their original floor and room assignments), reset the board (manually pushed the button) disabled then re-enabled the plugin, and now all the inputs are showing open correctly.

I'm going to leave the system running all day today with no I/O connected.

Are their any other troubleshooting hints I should try?

Thanks for the help!

BSR

UPDATE: System running for 2.5 hours. Manually tested each input by placing a wire between ground and each input. All working well. Left one pin attached to ground for continued testing.

Current Date/Time: 4/29/2020 8:13:29 AM
    HomeSeer Version: HS3 Standard Edition 3.0.0.548
    Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro - Work Station
    System Uptime: 0 Days 0 Hours 55 Minutes 16 Seconds
    IP Address: 192.168.1.5
    Number of Devices: 199
    Number of Events: 18
    Available Threads: 400
    HSTouch Enabled: True
    Event Threads: 0
    Event Trigger Eval Queue: 0
    Event Trigger Priority Eval Queue: 0
    Device Exec Queue: 0
    HSTouch Event Queue: 0
    Email Send Queue: 0
    Anti Virus Installed: Windows Defender
    In Virtual Machine: No MFG: dell inc.
    Enabled Plug-Ins
    1.0.0.131: Arduino Plugin
    2.0.48.0: BLSecurity
    3.0.2.0: Z-Wave
    --------------------------------------------------
    **** Do You "Cocoon"? ****

Changing the floor and room makes no difference to the plugin as it uses the device address. My first thing would be how long are the cables to the devices? you might need an optocoupler on them.

I would also recommend the Beta V.166 as there are many great new features in it.

Greig
    Zwave = Z-Stick, 3xHSM100� 7xACT ZDM230, 1xEverspring SM103, 2xACT HomePro ZRP210.
    X10 = CM12U, 2xAM12, 1xAW10, 1 x TM13U, 1xMS13, 2xHR10, 2xSS13
    Other Hardware = ADI Ocelot + secu16, Global Cache GC100, RFXtrx433, 3 x Foscams.
    Plugings = RFXcom, ActiveBackup, Applied Digital Ocelot, BLDeviceMatrix, BLGarbage, BLLAN, Current Cost, Global Cache GC100,HSTouch Android, HSTouch Server, HSTouch Server Unlimited, NetCAM, PowerTrigger, SageWebcamXP, SqueezeBox, X10 CM11A/CM12U.
    Scripts =
    Various

Comment

Originally posted by enigmatheatre View Post
      Changing the floor and room makes no difference to the plugin as it uses the device address. My first thing would be how long are the cables to the devices? you might need an optocoupler on them.

I would also recommend the Beta V.166 as there are many great new features in it.

Greig
      Thanks for the reply. Cables to the sensors are under 30 feet and worked well when I was using a Raspberry Pi.

Is the beta available via the updater? I'll give that a shot. Do you have to reupload the program to the Arduino?

Comment

Yes, it is in the Beta section at the bottom of the updater and yes there is a new sketch for the boards you will have to upload.
        Zwave = Z-Stick, 3xHSM100� 7xACT ZDM230, 1xEverspring SM103, 2xACT HomePro ZRP210.
        Other Hardware = ADI Ocelot + secu16, Global Cache GC100, RFXtrx433, 3 x Foscams.
        Plugings = RFXcom, ActiveBackup, Applied Digital Ocelot, BLDeviceMatrix, BLGarbage, BLLAN, Current Cost, Global Cache GC100,HSTouch Android, HSTouch Server, HSTouch Server Unlimited, NetCAM, PowerTrigger, SageWebcamXP, SqueezeBox, X10 CM11A/CM12U.
        Scripts =
        Various

Comment

Hello enigmatheatre:

Found the issue. The inputs worked...until I assigned a code (in the device configuration such as q110). I use BLSecurity and unfortunately, that plugin requires the monitored devices to have a legacy X-10 house code.

I want to just assign a 'dummy' device and have the Arduino input values copied to this new device via an event 'on any change', then assign this new dummy device an X-10 house code to use for BLSecurity (I only have three inputs needed for BLSecurity). I want to use an immediate (one line) script for this event and tried:

Code:
          &hs.SetDeviceValue(252, hs.DeviceValue(249), True)
          where device 252 is the new dummy variable and 249 is the Arduino input, but that code gives an error (can you help me with that code line?).

This did give me the opportunity to upgrade to your new Beta version though as you recommended, so excited to look at those new features (especially the LED display options).

BTW, I had this error when I uploaded the HomeSeerBoard1.ino file via the Arduino IDE:

File\HomeseerBoard1\HomeseerBoard1.ino:14:18: warning: ISO C++ forbids converting a string constant to 'char*' [-Wwrite-strings]

char* Version = "1.0.0.166";

Thanks and regards,

BSR

Comment

No need for a script Homeseer has a feature for this called linked devices see: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jajA...ature=youtu.be

Greig.
            Scripts =
            Various

Comment

Working...
            X