Servo and LCD libraries comiplation errors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Servo and LCD libraries comiplation errors

I am getting the following compilation errors. I am using HS3 & V1.0.0.166 of the plugin, Arduino IDE V1.8.9 and a NodeMCU. I have downloaded the libraries from the plugin page and copied them to the Arduino library folder. I have verified that no other location on my drive has any Arduino libraries. Originally, I configured the plugin for the NodeMCU API. I downloaded that ino file and initially has some compilation errors but found the solution elsewhere on this forum. That file still compiles with no errors but does not contain the servo or lcd library call outs. I wanted to a add an lcd display so switched the Type to NodeMCU, added an lcd display, downloaded the ino and compiled without making any changes to the ino. below are the errors I get. It seems that the servo & lcd libraries are the problem and I have completely deleted them from the library folder and copied freshly downloaded files from the plugin page.

Thanks for the help,
    Robert

Attached Files

Update: I commented out any references to the servo library (which I am not using anyway) and it passes.

- Robert

Comment

Glad you got it going. You can also try adding the servo library from within the IDE which might help.
      Zwave = Z-Stick, 3xHSM100� 7xACT ZDM230, 1xEverspring SM103, 2xACT HomePro ZRP210.
      X10 = CM12U, 2xAM12, 1xAW10, 1 x TM13U, 1xMS13, 2xHR10, 2xSS13
      Other Hardware = ADI Ocelot + secu16, Global Cache GC100, RFXtrx433, 3 x Foscams.
      Plugings = RFXcom, ActiveBackup, Applied Digital Ocelot, BLDeviceMatrix, BLGarbage, BLLAN, Current Cost, Global Cache GC100,HSTouch Android, HSTouch Server, HSTouch Server Unlimited, NetCAM, PowerTrigger, SageWebcamXP, SqueezeBox, X10 CM11A/CM12U.
      Scripts =
      Various

Comment

Maybe you can offer some guidance. I am using a NodeMCU to interface with Homeseer and an Arduino Uno Wifi Rev 2 connected via I2C to the NodeMCU. I need more I/O than the NodeMCU can provide. Originally I was only using the Arduino Uno Wifi Rev 2 but the Homeseer plugin is not compatible with it. I have done some testing and using the wire.h library can successfully send characters to the Arduino from the NodeMCU. I have not been able to figure out yet how to have Homeseer tell the NodeMCU to send the desired characters. That's why i added the LCD function. I really don't have an LCD but since an LCD is also I2C, I thought I could piggyback on that feature. Also, I would like the NodeMCU to receive status messages from the Arduino and change the state of Homeseer virtual devices accordingly.

How would you recommend I go about achieving this?

Thanks,
        Robert

Comment

Robert,

Can you not get an ethernet connection to the board? If so you would be better off with an Arduino Mega and an ethernet shield as this will give you many I/O or use two NodeMCU boards? What you are trying to do sounds a little tricky and the idea of the plugin is to make it easy to get IO in HS.
          I guess you could modify the API sketch to work with the Uno WIFI but I can not help you with that a I have not used them before.

Greig.
          Zwave = Z-Stick, 3xHSM100� 7xACT ZDM230, 1xEverspring SM103, 2xACT HomePro ZRP210.
          Other Hardware = ADI Ocelot + secu16, Global Cache GC100, RFXtrx433, 3 x Foscams.
          Plugings = RFXcom, ActiveBackup, Applied Digital Ocelot, BLDeviceMatrix, BLGarbage, BLLAN, Current Cost, Global Cache GC100,HSTouch Android, HSTouch Server, HSTouch Server Unlimited, NetCAM, PowerTrigger, SageWebcamXP, SqueezeBox, X10 CM11A/CM12U.
          Scripts =
          Various

Comment

Greig,

It's a litter box project so would have to be wireless. A few years ago, I purchased a programmable automatic litter box. Turns out the programmable part consisted of having a clock. Whoopy dee do. I wanted to simply extend the length of time from when the cat poops to when the box rakes the poop so it doesn't stick to the rake. I liked the physical structure of the litter box do i kept it and this year used an Arduino Uno Wifi Rev 2 as the primary controller and had many of the bugs worked out. The struggle was to get reliable communication with Homeseer. I can easily send commands over the network to the Arduino but the problem was how to send status back - without it being a reply. That was where I ran into a brick wall. Every time I would ask the question, it was assume that the host pc would have established a connection with the Arduino and so the Arduino would reply. However, Homeseer doesn't know that a cat just walked into the box but the Arduino desperately needs to tell Homeseer so Homeseer doesn't command the rake motor on and forever scare the cat from using that box again. In order to do it properly is beyond my feeble programming skills. So I added some Z-Wave door sensors using them as dry contact sensors. Some I connected to Arduino outputs (through relays), some I connected to microswitches. Sounds good but totally unreliable. Inevitably they all go to an unknown state.
            So that is why I bought a NodeMCU. I thought that it could be a bridge between the Arduino and Homeseer.

Robert

Comment

Greig,

Is it possible to send a variable to the NodeMCU? In the Void Loop I could run subroutines based on the value in the variable.

Robert

Comment

Yes, If you use the API sketch then you can have a variable set, You would need to set up the sketch and use FromHS[0] as variable and this will give you the value that the API device 0 is set to in the Arduino. You can then set up the HS device status values and graphics to be what you want.
                Scripts =
                Various

Comment

Ok,. I'll work on that. Thanks.

Comment

Working...
                  X