Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Alive pin and its connection

Hi all
    Can anybody tell me how to connect physically the alive pin to a relay (or directly to the Arduino) in order to reset only the Arduino when there is no homeseer connection?
    I have not tried to do and test it yet but theorically if I’m not in wrong, when the Arduino is connected to homeseer the alive pin is high and when the connection is missing the alive pin is low, but for how much time? Because if it is continues to be low, the relay will continue to be low and so the reset pin of Arduino will be always resetted.
    Sorry maybe I can’t understand a little step so I’d like if possible to have as information as possible to realize that.
    Let me know please.
    Thanks
    Regards.
    Rinpe

Anybody please?

Comment

Sorry I missed this post.
      The Alive pin is not designed to reset the Arduino as there is code that will perform a software reset if it loses connection. Are you having problems with this or did you just think it would be an idea?
      The Alive pin is so you can hand external control over if needed. Users have this for there HVAC systems so if HS is down then the normal control is resumed.

Greig.
      Zwave = Z-Stick, 3xHSM100� 7xACT ZDM230, 1xEverspring SM103, 2xACT HomePro ZRP210.
      X10 = CM12U, 2xAM12, 1xAW10, 1 x TM13U, 1xMS13, 2xHR10, 2xSS13
      Other Hardware = ADI Ocelot + secu16, Global Cache GC100, RFXtrx433, 3 x Foscams.
      Plugings = RFXcom, ActiveBackup, Applied Digital Ocelot, BLDeviceMatrix, BLGarbage, BLLAN, Current Cost, Global Cache GC100,HSTouch Android, HSTouch Server, HSTouch Server Unlimited, NetCAM, PowerTrigger, SageWebcamXP, SqueezeBox, X10 CM11A/CM12U.
      Scripts =
      Various

Comment

Thanks for your reply. Sometime I have problem with arduino (or ETH shield) that has difficulty to reconnect and get the IP assigned. I don't know which is the problem, probably disturbs or other. I saw that if I reset the button of the arduino I have good possibility to reconnect the arduino or eth shield to the sistem. For this reason I thought to use the alive pin to reset physically the arduino, but I think it is not designed for what I'm looking for. What do you think?
        Since for each floor of my house (now I'm testing only 1 floor) I have 2 or more Arduinos with ETH shields, and I saw the probability to have all the Arduinos disconnected in the same floor is very low, I think to use a pin connected to the other reset in order to reset phisycally if there is no connection and put low the reset button as time as I want and for what time I want. What do you think? Other quick solutions?

Comment

The board should not disconnect and if there is a connection problem it should recover from this. It sounds like a hardware problem. The ethernet shields are very sensitive to power drops that can be caused by connecting relays and other devices directly to the board. To get around this ensure the power supply is big enough and also run the Board and peripherals from different supplies.
          You are correct in saying the Alive pin is not going to work for this.
          Zwave = Z-Stick, 3xHSM100� 7xACT ZDM230, 1xEverspring SM103, 2xACT HomePro ZRP210.
          X10 = CM12U, 2xAM12, 1xAW10, 1 x TM13U, 1xMS13, 2xHR10, 2xSS13
          Other Hardware = ADI Ocelot + secu16, Global Cache GC100, RFXtrx433, 3 x Foscams.
          Plugings = RFXcom, ActiveBackup, Applied Digital Ocelot, BLDeviceMatrix, BLGarbage, BLLAN, Current Cost, Global Cache GC100,HSTouch Android, HSTouch Server, HSTouch Server Unlimited, NetCAM, PowerTrigger, SageWebcamXP, SqueezeBox, X10 CM11A/CM12U.
          Scripts =
          Various

Comment

I suppose too it is a hardware problem due to a power drop sensitive, I have different power supply for the relays and arduino boards, I will check better possible solution. What it is strange is the reason why arduino or eth shield can't reconnect. It is difficult to reconnect also after a lot of random reset by hand. I don't understand.

Comment

Working...
            X