NodeMcu V3 Frequent Resets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NodeMcu V3 Frequent Resets

I am using a NodeMCU v3, HS3, 1.0.0.166 version of the plugin and is configured for NodeMcu API.
    According to the Homeseer log, the plugin is sending a reset command every few minutes – even though the status says “Connected”. I thought that there was something in the code I added to the ino file so I used the ino file downloaded from the config page without making any changes to it. A reset is still being sent frequently. I read in another post that power could be the problem so I disconnected all the I/O from the board. So the USB is the only connection. I tried a second board with the same results.
    Any idea as to why is this occurring?
    Also, is there any way to disable resets? In my application, there would be times when it would be bad to issue a reset.

- Robert

Robert,

As you are aware this is not normal behaviour. Can you enable debug logging then connect the board and wait for it to run a reset then disable debug and send me the file to look at.
    Zwave = Z-Stick, 3xHSM100� 7xACT ZDM230, 1xEverspring SM103, 2xACT HomePro ZRP210.
    X10 = CM12U, 2xAM12, 1xAW10, 1 x TM13U, 1xMS13, 2xHR10, 2xSS13
    Other Hardware = ADI Ocelot + secu16, Global Cache GC100, RFXtrx433, 3 x Foscams.
    Plugings = RFXcom, ActiveBackup, Applied Digital Ocelot, BLDeviceMatrix, BLGarbage, BLLAN, Current Cost, Global Cache GC100,HSTouch Android, HSTouch Server, HSTouch Server Unlimited, NetCAM, PowerTrigger, SageWebcamXP, SqueezeBox, X10 CM11A/CM12U.
    Scripts =
    Various

Comment

Thanks for the reply. Attached is the log.

- Robert ArduinoDebug(1).txt

Comment

Robert,

It looks to me like the board is not communicating with the plugin.
        Can you ping the board on your network?
        Can you check your AV and firewall

Greig.
        Zwave = Z-Stick, 3xHSM100� 7xACT ZDM230, 1xEverspring SM103, 2xACT HomePro ZRP210.
        X10 = CM12U, 2xAM12, 1xAW10, 1 x TM13U, 1xMS13, 2xHR10, 2xSS13
        Other Hardware = ADI Ocelot + secu16, Global Cache GC100, RFXtrx433, 3 x Foscams.
        Plugings = RFXcom, ActiveBackup, Applied Digital Ocelot, BLDeviceMatrix, BLGarbage, BLLAN, Current Cost, Global Cache GC100,HSTouch Android, HSTouch Server, HSTouch Server Unlimited, NetCAM, PowerTrigger, SageWebcamXP, SqueezeBox, X10 CM11A/CM12U.
        Scripts =
        Various

Comment

I am away from home at the moment and my wife may not have understood my instructions as to how to connect it to the pc because when I remote in and do a ping, the NodeMCU is unreachable yet I pinged it successfully quite often last weekend. I'll see what's up when I get home tomorrow.

Thanks

Comment

Working...
          X