Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NodeMcu - Beta PI

Hi,

I'm trying to move over to the Beta version of this PI.

The help file notes that we need to enter this address in the Arduino IDE.
    This link does not work (link from the beta help file). It errors when testing in my browser, the "stable" does not suffer the same error?
    http://arduino.esp8266.com/staging/p...com_index.json

But this link does work (link from the stable help file)
    https://arduino.esp8266.com/stable/p...com_index.json

When I use "stable" I can install board V2.3.0-rc2, but it errors when I attempt to compile.

Regards,
    Tim

Tim,
    You should use the stable version. What is the error you are getting when you compile?
    Zwave = Z-Stick, 3xHSM100� 7xACT ZDM230, 1xEverspring SM103, 2xACT HomePro ZRP210.
    X10 = CM12U, 2xAM12, 1xAW10, 1 x TM13U, 1xMS13, 2xHR10, 2xSS13
    Other Hardware = ADI Ocelot + secu16, Global Cache GC100, RFXtrx433, 3 x Foscams.
    Plugings = RFXcom, ActiveBackup, Applied Digital Ocelot, BLDeviceMatrix, BLGarbage, BLLAN, Current Cost, Global Cache GC100,HSTouch Android, HSTouch Server, HSTouch Server Unlimited, NetCAM, PowerTrigger, SageWebcamXP, SqueezeBox, X10 CM11A/CM12U.
    Scripts =
    Various

Comment

Ok - will use that. Away from home at the moment so can't post the exact error.

Do I need to delete my existing Configs in HS and re-setup my boards that were on the stable PI (now that I want to use the beta)?

Thanks for your assistance,
      Tim

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Timmy_G View Post
        Ok - will use that. Away from home at the moment so can't post the exact error.

Do I need to delete my existing Configs in HS and re-setup my boards that were on the stable PI (now that I want to use the beta)?

Thanks for your assistance,
        Tim

No, you just have to update the board sketch to the new version. Go to the plugin page and download the new sketch for each board and update them individually and you should be good to go.

Greig.
        Zwave = Z-Stick, 3xHSM100� 7xACT ZDM230, 1xEverspring SM103, 2xACT HomePro ZRP210.
        Other Hardware = ADI Ocelot + secu16, Global Cache GC100, RFXtrx433, 3 x Foscams.
        Plugings = RFXcom, ActiveBackup, Applied Digital Ocelot, BLDeviceMatrix, BLGarbage, BLLAN, Current Cost, Global Cache GC100,HSTouch Android, HSTouch Server, HSTouch Server Unlimited, NetCAM, PowerTrigger, SageWebcamXP, SqueezeBox, X10 CM11A/CM12U.
        Scripts =
        Various

Comment

Thanks, Greig.

Will try that processes over again. I think I followed the instructions to the letter (including using the stable link, that allowed me to then pick nodemcu in board manager), however, the Arduino IDE was not happy that the correct files are installed to communicate with my NodeMcu's.

Will post further info, mate.

Regards,
          Tim

Comment

Hi Greig,
            I ran through setup again and used the "stable" link, also added nodemcu via board manager.
            The first errors that come up are:

Invalid library found in C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\libraries\HomeseerBoard2: no headers files (.h) found in C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\libraries\HomeseerBoard2
            Invalid library found in C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\libraries\RelayActuatorPulse: no headers files (.h) found in C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\libraries\RelayActuatorPulse

This is the error that I get when I attempt a compile.

Arduino: 1.8.9 (Windows 10), Board: "NodeMCU 1.0 (ESP-12E Module), 80 MHz, Flash, Legacy (new can return nullptr), All SSL ciphers (most compatible), 4MB (FS:2MB OTA:~1019KB), 2, v2 Lower Memory, Disabled, None, Only Sketch, 115200"

Board nodemcuv2 (platform esp8266, package esp8266) is unknown

Error compiling for board NodeMCU 1.0 (ESP-12E Module).

This report would have more information with
            "Show verbose output during compilation"
            option enabled in File -> Preferences.

Comment

Can you send me the sketch so I can have a look.
              Scripts =
              Various

Comment

PM you the file, Greig.

Comment

What board are you using?
                  Scripts =
                  Various

Comment

LoLin NodeMcu V3.

Worked well with stable PI for 12 months (three of them). I started having issues with disconnects from HS over the past month - not sure why, this affected all boards and I couldn't reconnect until restarting the PI in HS (could still ping the boards from CMD in Windows, though). So I thought I would move to the Beta.

Comment

Please delete or move C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\libraries\HomeseerBoard2 and C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\libraries\RelayActuatorPulse as they should not be in the libraries folder.
                      Scripts =
                      Various

Comment

Ok - did that, and now no "invalid library" errors. Thanks!

Still get this when trying to compile, though:

Arduino: 1.8.9 (Windows 10), Board: "NodeMCU 1.0 (ESP-12E Module), 80 MHz, Flash, Legacy (new can return nullptr), All SSL ciphers (most compatible), 4MB (FS:2MB OTA:~1019KB), 2, v2 Lower Memory, Disabled, None, Only Sketch, 115200"

Board nodemcuv2 (platform esp8266, package esp8266) is unknown

Error compiling for board NodeMCU 1.0 (ESP-12E Module).

This report would have more information with
                        "Show verbose output during compilation"
                        option enabled in File -> Preferences.

Comment

go to C:\Users\$usr\AppData\Local\Arduino15\packages\esp8266\hardw are\esp8266 and check you only have one package installed. If there are 2 delete the old one then restart the IDE.

Replace $usr with the user on your PC.
                          Scripts =
                          Various

Comment

Well done - thank you! There were indeed two files as you predicted. I uploaded over OTA to the NodeMcu following the advice above.

PM me your Paypal details and I will show my appreciation - has to be used on beer, though!

Thanks again,
                            Tim

Comment

Although it compiled and uploaded, i did get this warning:

WARNING: library LiquidCrystal_I2C claims to run on (avr) architecture(s) and may be incompatible with your current board which runs on (esp8266) architecture(s).
                              Executable segment sizes:

IROM : 296080 - code in flash (default or ICACHE_FLASH_ATTR)

IRAM : 29164 / 32768 - code in IRAM (ICACHE_RAM_ATTR, ISRs...)

DATA : 1412 ) - initialized variables (global, static) in RAM/HEAP

RODATA : 1084 ) / 81920 - constants (global, static) in RAM/HEAP

BSS : 27360 ) - zeroed variables (global, static) in RAM/HEAP

Sketch uses 327740 bytes (31%) of program storage space. Maximum is 1044464 bytes.
                              Global variables use 29856 bytes (36%) of dynamic memory, leaving 52064 bytes for local variables. Maximum is 81920 bytes.
                              Uploading................................................... ............................................................ ............................................................ .........................................................

Comment

Working...
                              X