Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Analog input monitoring

Using HS4 with the HS3 version of the plugin. 1.0.0.166
    Digital inputs and outputs all work fine. However whatever I do the analog input values are all over the place. If I tie the input to 0v, 3.3 or 5v it just fails to provide the correct values.
    It's as if they are floating. Have tried two Arduino Uno's and same result. (authentic and a close). Both connected via USB, with and without external power.
    Uploaded a basic sketch to read the analog input and display it on the serial port works fine on both Arduino's as I was beginning to suspect hardware. (and me)
    Defaulted everything, added just one analog pin in the plugin and same issue. Using 1.8.9 IDE with the libraries downloaded from the plugin page.

I am clearly missing something, thoughts?

HS4Pro, Arduino HS3 1.0.0.166 plugin, WIndows 10, IDE 1.8.9

Can you send me a debug log of you connecting the pin to 0v and one to 5v so I can see what is happening?
    Zwave = Z-Stick, 3xHSM100� 7xACT ZDM230, 1xEverspring SM103, 2xACT HomePro ZRP210.
    X10 = CM12U, 2xAM12, 1xAW10, 1 x TM13U, 1xMS13, 2xHR10, 2xSS13
    Other Hardware = ADI Ocelot + secu16, Global Cache GC100, RFXtrx433, 3 x Foscams.
    Plugings = RFXcom, ActiveBackup, Applied Digital Ocelot, BLDeviceMatrix, BLGarbage, BLLAN, Current Cost, Global Cache GC100,HSTouch Android, HSTouch Server, HSTouch Server Unlimited, NetCAM, PowerTrigger, SageWebcamXP, SqueezeBox, X10 CM11A/CM12U.
    Scripts =
    Various

Comment

Debugs sent via PM

Comment

Quick update in case anyone runs into this.
        In summary I'm using Arduino UNO's attached to HS4 via USB. Issues with Analog pins giving unstable readings and almost constant updates. Standalone sketch was all OK.
        1Wire, Digital I/O etc all OK
        Upgraded the Arduino plugin to the HS4 Beta and still had the same issue.
        Enigmatheatre has provided a fix in an HS4 version of the plugin and the Arduino's have been rock solid ever since.

Thanks Enigmatheatre for your support and quick fix.

Comment

Working...
        X