Mismatch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mismatch

I just installed this plugin and when connecting to my board I'm getting Version Mismatch errors. I downloaded the sketch from the plugin and the IDE is 1.8.9. All libraries installed. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

3/25/2023 6:09:54 PM
    Arduino-4
    Info
    Data Received:Connected 2

3/25/2023 6:09:53 PM
    Arduino-4
    Error
    Error = Disconnected due to Version Mis-Match

Arduino-4
    Info
    Sent to IP:192.168.1.79 Port No:8901 = 2 D ,Disconnect

Arduino-4
    Error
    Error = Versions are not compatible. Please update the Board sketch version.

Assuming you are running y the latest Arduino plugin and the board sketch version is 4.0.2.18. Is that the version at the top of the sketch when you download it and did the sketch upload succeeded? I’m running the beta 4.0.2.19 plug-in with that sketch and all is well.

/********************************************************
    *Arduino to HS4 Plugin written by Enigma Theatre*
    * V4.0.2.18 *
    ***********Do not Change any values below***************
    */
    HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.16 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

Originally posted by randy View Post
      Assuming you are running y the latest Arduino plugin and the board sketch version is 4.0.2.18. Is that the version at the top of the sketch when you download it and did the sketch upload succeeded? I’m running the beta 4.0.2.19 plug-in with that sketch and all is well.

/********************************************************
      *Arduino to HS4 Plugin written by Enigma Theatre*
      * V4.0.2.18 *
      ***********Do not Change any values below***************
      */
      Yes, the Sketch uploaded correctly because I can see the board on the LAN.
      My versions are same:
      Sketch * V4.0.2.18
      Plugin 4.0.2.19 BETA

Any thoughts? Sooooooooo close!

Comment

Seeing the board on the LAN only verifies that a sketch is loaded, not necessarily the correct one. I have no more ideas. It should be working. I would try uploading the sketch again and make sure it completes without error. Then if you’ve restarted HS and it’s still not working, I’ll have to defer to Greig.

Comment

Please check your script for this line:

const char* Version = "4.0.2.18";

This should be about 5 lines in from the top.
          Also you can enable IPdate in the debugging part of the plugin setup page.

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.png
Views:	117
Size:	1.8 KB
ID:	1600449

Next check your log after trying to connect. I changed the scrip version to force a mismatch.
          You will see this in your log :

Views:	108
Size:	37.9 KB
ID:	1600450

I am curious what it is reporting in your case.
          If the version is correct you will see this:

Views:	107
Size:	27.4 KB
ID:	1600451

Hope this helps.

Marcel

Comment

Originally posted by MdeMan View Post
            Please check your script for this line:

const char* Version = "4.0.2.18";

This should be about 5 lines in from the top.
            Also you can enable IPdate in the debugging part of the plugin setup page.

Click image for larger version  Name:	image.png Views:	0 Size:	1.8 KB ID:	1600449

Next check your log after trying to connect. I changed the scrip version to force a mismatch.
            You will see this in your log :

Click image for larger version  Name:	image.png Views:	0 Size:	37.9 KB ID:	1600450

I am curious what it is reporting in your case.
            If the version is correct you will see this:

Click image for larger version  Name:	image.png Views:	0 Size:	27.4 KB ID:	1600451

Hope this helps.

Marcel
            Hi,
            I'm starting over from scratch. Although, I think I found a very small bug. In deleting all the test boards I set up, I cannot delete ONE of the remaining two. Take a look at the screenshot below. I can't highlight board No, 3 to delete it.

How can I remove ALL boards to start over?

Thanks for everyone's help - and patience!

Click image for larger version  Name:	image.png Views:	0 Size:	60.3 KB ID:	1600531

Comment

You only need to delete the board as an HS device, all the data is in the PED of the HomeSeer Devices. If you delete the parent, all the features are deleted automatically. When the board is gone in HS it will be gone in the plug-in.

Comment

Originally posted by randy View Post
                You only need to delete the board as an HS device, all the data is in the PED of the HomeSeer Devices. If you delete the parent, all the features are deleted automatically. When the board is gone in HS it will be gone in the plug-in.
                I'm starting over from scratch. I think I have everything figured out...
                Getting used to the intricacies of the Arduino IDE/Compiler

Comment

Originally posted by avpman View Post

I'm starting over from scratch. I think I have everything figured out...
                  Getting used to the intricacies of the Arduino IDE/Compiler

Ok, I'm using an ESP32-WROVER-DEV board. I loaded the board support files and I'm able to compile an example or two and the board works. But whn I try the HomeSeerBoard.ino file I'm getting the error below. I must be missing something. I DID install the libraries provided by the plugin. Verbose compile errors text is attached. I really appreciate all the help so far!

Arduino: 1.8.19 (Windows 10), Board: "ESP32 Wrover Kit (all versions), 240MHz (WiFi/BT), 4MB (32Mb), Enabled, Default 4MB with spiffs (1.2MB APP/1.5MB SPIFFS), QIO, 80MHz, 921600, None, Disabled"

C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\libraries\SoftPWM\SoftPWM.cpp:26:10: fatal error: avr/io.h: No such file or directory

include <avr/io.h>

^~~~~~~~~~

compilation terminated.

exit status 1

Error compiling for board ESP32 Wrover Kit (all versions).

Attached Files

Comment

Taking a wild guess here, it looks like you are compiling for the wrong arduino board.
                    At the top of the scetech it defines what board you are using, I am not using ESP boards only NodeMCU's but if I am not mistaken the board type for ESP boards should be 4.

Views:	126
Size:	2.8 KB
ID:	1600626
                    Maybe you have boardtype 0 defined and in that case it will include​ the SoftPWM.h which causes the error.

Views:	90
Size:	1.6 KB
ID:	1600627
                    If this is the case you can change the boardtype to 4 (keep Uno at 0) and the error should go away.
                    You will probably get another error complaining about the ESPhttpUpdate. I have not had time to look into that one so for now i just comment out the InstallUpdates modules and call since I am not using that.

Hope this helps.

Marcel

Comment

I can’t keep up with all of the boards in that range are supported. I know the NodeMCU is supported, but I don’t know about ESP32-WROVER-DEV.

I don’t know if this matters but the IDE is supposed to be 1.8.9 not 1.8.19.

Comment

Working...
                      X