X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sparkman
    replied
    Originally posted by rprade View Post
    Not to presume to answer for Greig, but you would still have to hard code the IP address into the plug-in, so I'm not sure it would be of any real advantage. I also use DHCP reservations for all of my devices -except- the Arduinos and my EDS OWServers.
    The advantages to me would be the ability to change them remotely (on the DHCP server and then the plugin page) and to keep track of all of my ip addresses in one spot (the DHCP server).

Cheers
    Al

Leave a comment:

• rprade
    replied
    Originally posted by sparkman View Post
    Also, I prefer to use DHCP to assign static addresses to all my "infrastructure" devices. Is there a way to modify the ino file to retrieve the ip address via DHCP?

Thanks
    Al
    Not to presume to answer for Greig, but you would still have to hard code the IP address into the plug-in, so I'm not sure it would be of any real advantage. I also use DHCP reservations for all of my devices -except- the Arduinos and my EDS OWServers.

Leave a comment:

• sparkman
    replied
    Hi Greig,

I'm finally playing with this plugin and have a Mega connected with USB and a Uno over Ethernet. Both were easy to add. Thanks for making the plugin available!

Since I installed and enabled the plugin (1.0.0.36) , I see the occasional message like this in the HS Log:

Code:
    Jan-23 5:23:12 PM	 	Info	25040 log entries retrieved, and this just added another!
    I'm assuming it's this plugin that's doing it as I haven't seen messages like this before? Perhaps some code leftover from testing?

Also, I prefer to use DHCP to assign static addresses to all my "infrastructure" devices. Is there a way to modify the ino file to retrieve the ip address via DHCP?

Thanks
    Al

Leave a comment:

• enigmatheatre
    started a topic Arduino Plugin V1.0.0.36.

Arduino Plugin V1.0.0.36.

This thread is to discuss the Arduino Plugin V1.0.0.36 that is in the updater.
Working...
X