• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• will40
    replied
    Originally posted by enigmatheatre View Post
    Hi Will,
    Sorry but I do not have a WiFi shield as when I looked at them I found them to be very expensive for what they did. I have it on my list of thing to do to get some kind of wireless device working with this.
    I know there are users using the Ethernet shield and a WiFi games adaptor that works but I seem to remember them saying that the connection drops out every now and then.

Greig.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk
    Hello Greig

Have you given any more thought to the wireless shield? I would be willing to mail you a wifi shield to help with your development.

Will

Leave a comment:

• enigmatheatre
    replied
    Originally posted by will40 View Post
    Hi Greig

I want to setup a second board. I have a mega 2560 with a wifi shield. Do you have a sketch written for a wifi shield to replace the Ethernet sketch you could share with me?

Thanks

Will
    Hi Will,
    Sorry but I do not have a WiFi shield as when I looked at them I found them to be very expensive for what they did. I have it on my list of thing to do to get some kind of wireless device working with this.
    I know there are users using the Ethernet shield and a WiFi games adaptor that works but I seem to remember them saying that the connection drops out every now and then.

Greig.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• will40
    replied
    Hi Greig

I am new to Arduino and got it working with an Ethernet Shield. Nice plug in thank you.

I want to setup a second board. I have a mega 2560 with a wifi shield. Do you have a sketch written for a wifi shield to replace the Ethernet sketch you could share with me?

Thanks

Will

Leave a comment:

• randy
    replied
    Originally posted by Jakob.Sand View Post
    Hej Greg,
    What verision of Arduino Sketch program is supported and recormened for MEGA Arduino boards? 1.0.6 ?
    Per Greig: "Ethernet will not work with the 1.0.6 version of the Arduino ide. Can you download V 1.5.6-R2 and update the library's with the ones on the config page". That version works fine with my Mega 2560r3 boards. It also works fine with the UNO boards. I have also had much more reliable connectivity with genuine Arduino Ethernet shields than the Wiznet clones.

Leave a comment:

• Jakob.Sand
    replied
    Arduino 1.0.6

Hej Greg,
    What verision of Arduino Sketch program is supported and recormened for MEGA Arduino boards? 1.0.6 ?

Leave a comment:

• usLEDsupply
    replied
    I think you could map A0 to 14 and so on but i think you would need a way to select the board you are using in the setup (mega or uno) so you don't loose use of those pins if it is a mega
    Last edited by usLEDsupply; January 25, 2015, 02:06 AM.

Leave a comment:

• enigmatheatre
    replied
    Originally posted by usLEDsupply View Post
    With the UNO R3 i had to use the following pins to use the analog pins as digital inputs
    A0 = 14 (not usable as isn't in the pin list)
    A1 = 15 (as long as you have a newer Ethernet Shield)
    A2 = 16
    A3 = 17
    A4 = 18
    A5 = 19
    Glad it is working for you and yes it will depend on the board. Sorry if I gave you the wrong pins.
    I am looking at a way to make it work by selecting the A0-A15.

Greig.

Leave a comment:

• usLEDsupply
    replied
    With the UNO R3 i had to use the following pins to use the analog pins as digital inputs
    A0 = 14 (not usable as isn't in the pin list)
    A1 = 15 (as long as you have a newer Ethernet Shield)
    A2 = 16
    A3 = 17
    A4 = 18
    A5 = 19

Leave a comment:

• usLEDsupply
    replied
    is it the same if you want to use an analog pin for a servo or onewire or is it just for the inputs?

Leave a comment:

• usLEDsupply
    replied
    Thanks:-) i wondered if it might be something like that but i figured you would have had it setup to do that automatically if an analog pin was set to an digital input as i didn't see anything in the manual about having to use the higher pin numbers for the analog inputs

Leave a comment:

• enigmatheatre
    replied
    Originally posted by usLEDsupply View Post
    has anyone used analog inputs A2, A3, A4, A5 as digital inputs? i have an uno connected via Ethernet but when i assign them as standard inputs i can't get them to change but if i assign them as analog inputs they work fine? I then map the value with "Value*2/1023" so it will show 0 or 1.xxx but i am just wondering if i should try something else or if you can't use the analog inputs as standard inputs without using the API mode
    Do not set them as Analog pins in the plugin. Set them as inputs and use pins 25 - 28 if you are using an Uno.
    25 = A2
    26 = A3
    27 = A4
    28 = A5

I hope this helps you.

Greig.

Leave a comment:

• usLEDsupply
    replied
    has anyone used analog inputs A2, A3, A4, A5 as digital inputs? i have an uno connected via Ethernet but when i assign them as standard inputs i can't get them to change but if i assign them as analog inputs they work fine? I then map the value with "Value*2/1023" so it will show 0 or 1.xxx but i am just wondering if i should try something else or if you can't use the analog inputs as standard inputs without using the API mode

Leave a comment:

• enigmatheatre
    replied
    Originally posted by sparkman View Post
    PS did you see my note about the log entry in my original post? Is it caused by the plugin?
    Yes this is a leftover that was removed in the betas. I am hoping to get the beta in to the updater soon as I have a couple of people testing it for me.

Greig.

Leave a comment:

• sparkman
    replied
    Originally posted by enigmatheatre View Post
    I am not sure this would work as you would need the board to report the IP to HS which it is not doing at the moment. Can I ask why you would change the address once it is set?

Can you not Reserve the IP in the DHCP table for the Arduinos?

Greig.
    Hi Greig, yes, the reservation is already set as I was playing with the Ethernet/ip functions prior to adding it to your plugin. Possible reason for changing it later is that I'm running out of ip addresses in the blocks I had set aside for certain types of devices and will need to redo my scheme at some point. I will also likely create a separate subnet for my HA network at some point. Having it reserved in DHCP but hard coded on the device will likely mess me up a few years from now when I attempt to change it . I used to be responsible for a 5000+ device network and our biggest issue was caused by hard-coded ip addresses conflicting with other devices so now I am anal about only using DHCP to assign ip addresses (reservations/static and dynamic). The board would not need to report it to the plugin.

Cheers
    Al

PS did you see my note about the log entry in my original post? Is it caused by the plugin?

Leave a comment:

• enigmatheatre
    replied
    Originally posted by sparkman View Post
    The advantages to me would be the ability to change them remotely (on the DHCP server and then the plugin page) and to keep track of all of my ip addresses in one spot (the DHCP server).

Cheers
    Al
    I am not sure this would work as you would need the board to report the IP to HS which it is not doing at the moment. Can I ask why you would change the address once it is set?

Can you not Reserve the IP in the DHCP table for the Arduinos?

Greig.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X