This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by logbuilder View Post
    My projects are based on the nodeMCU board. Greig, I'm very thankful for the effort to make it work under the plugin.

As I work on this, a couple of requests come to mind:

1. Support for some kind of temp sensor. I like either DHT22 or 18B20 (requires OneWire). DHT11 is not accurate enough.

2. Support for the A0 pin. I have a CO sensor that needs it.

Thanks for you consideration.

Robert
    Yes one wire support will be added when I find a fix for a bug in it and get some more free time. I will try and add the API mode to the nodemcu first so any sensor can be used.

Greig.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk
    Zwave = Z-Stick, 3xHSM100� 7xACT ZDM230, 1xEverspring SM103, 2xACT HomePro ZRP210.
    X10 = CM12U, 2xAM12, 1xAW10, 1 x TM13U, 1xMS13, 2xHR10, 2xSS13
    Other Hardware = ADI Ocelot + secu16, Global Cache GC100, RFXtrx433, 3 x Foscams.
    Plugings = RFXcom, ActiveBackup, Applied Digital Ocelot, BLDeviceMatrix, BLGarbage, BLLAN, Current Cost, Global Cache GC100,HSTouch Android, HSTouch Server, HSTouch Server Unlimited, NetCAM, PowerTrigger, SageWebcamXP, SqueezeBox, X10 CM11A/CM12U.
    Scripts =
    Various

Comment

Just moved my first Arduino from the bench to its new home in my detached garage. It is probably 200 feet away. It is running a nodeMCU and using wifi. Power is AC supplied, no battery.

I took my phone with me and using a wifi analyzer, I saw I was getting about 30% signal strength but was fluxuating +-5%. Placed the new node and came back inside to see that yes, it had connected to HS3.

Got me to thinking though, it sure would be nice if the plugin could report the wifi signal strength for each nodeMCU. Maybe update a device once per minute with the percentage or dBm. I see in wifi.h that there is a function that returns the signal strength in dBm. Don't know if you use that lib or not.

Just a thought.

Comment

Just moved my first Arduino from the bench to its new home in my detached garage. It is probably 200 feet away. It is running a nodeMCU and using wifi. Power is AC supplied, no battery.

I took my phone with me and using a wifi analyzer, I saw I was getting about 30% signal strength but was fluxuating +-5%. Placed the new node and came back inside to see that yes, it had connected to HS3.

Got me to thinking though, it sure would be nice if the plugin could report the wifi signal strength for each nodeMCU. Maybe update a device once per minute with the percentage or dBm. I see in wifi.h that there is a function that returns the signal strength in dBm. Don't know if you use that lib or not.

Just a thought.
        You could probably code that value into the API code when its released and update a device with the latest value....
        HS 2.2.0.11

Comment

Originally posted by petez69 View Post
          You could probably code that value into the API code when its released and update a device with the latest value....
          Thanks. Might have to go that route as I have other ideas that may require the API sketch.

Comment

Where is the NodeMCU download and what rev of the plugin needs to be installed? Thank you!

~Bill

Comment

Originally posted by Bill Brower View Post
              Where is the NodeMCU download and what rev of the plugin needs to be installed? Thank you!
              Go with 1.0.0.139 in the beta section. Follow the instructions in the help file installed with the plug-in for configuration, libraries download, IDE version and for the new sketches. The NodeMCU is only supported with an Arduino sketch, there is not an API sketch at this time. Inputs, outputs, alive pin and LCD are supported. There is no OneWire, analog, PWM or servo support for the NodeMCU. Greig is planning on adding OneWire and analog pin support as he has time.
              Last edited by randy; April 15, 2017, 11:54 AM.
              HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.0 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

Originally posted by rprade View Post
                Go with 1.0.0.139 in the beta section. Follow the instructions in the help file installed with the plug-in for configuration, libraries download, IDE version and for the new sketches. The NodeMCU is only supported with an Arduino sketch, there is not an API sketch at this time. Inputs, outputs, alive pin and LCD are supported. There is no OneWire, analog, PWM or servo support for the NodeMCU. Gregg is planning on adding OneWire and analog pin support as he has time.
                Appreciate that. I have ESP8266s scattered around the house but would rather just integrate it with the plugin. Thanks!

~Bill

Comment

Originally posted by Bill Brower View Post
                  Appreciate that. I have ESP8266s scattered around the house but would rather just integrate it with the plugin. Thanks!
                  I am not running any in production, but I ran 5 NodeMCU boards in continuous testing for over a month as Greig was adding support. They were very reliable connecting and staying connected. My testing was to turn on an output that was connected to an input. Then I would make sure the input changed and log an error if it failed. This took place once every 3 minutes for all 5 boards and there were only a handful of failures over the 30+ days.
                  HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.0 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

Originally posted by rprade View Post
                    I am not running any in production, but I ran 5 NodeMCU boards in continuous testing for over a month as Greig was adding support. They were very reliable connecting and staying connected. My testing was to turn on an output that was connected to an input. Then I would make sure the input changed and log an error if it failed. This took place once every 3 minutes for all 5 boards and there were only a handful of failures over the 30+ days.
                    hi Randy

I modified some old API code for the NodeMCU board a while ago. I used to have fairly regular disconnects hence why I went for the "blue cable". I'm just setting up the "Electronics Den" after moving and I'll get a NodeMCU board going again to test. I've got 3 Megas scattered around the place so I'm not short of I/O ;-)
                    HS 2.2.0.11

Comment

Serial reading pin

Hi,

I wish I could have my HS-connected Arduino
                      - connect on a serial com on one pin
                      - and transmit the message in a HS device or by any way I could parse it with scripting.

The plugin is going really great!
                      So far I have transferred 10 inputs, 8 relay inputs and 14 1-wire temperature probes , from out-of-date hardware and software to a simple Mega Arduino and the plugin.
                      Scripting and event changes where very easy to manage.
                      Only disappointed with the input long delay.
                      Transferring the serial messages from my electrical counter directly through Arduino to HS via the plugin will help me get rid of my very-old Quatech serial-to-ethernet box, and many cables.

Thanks
                      Pierre
                      Visit zee e-maison : http://www.e-maison.com

Comment

Is it possible to add a Color picker also when in API mode? I like using API mode but the picker would be nice to have

Comment

Originally posted by chris2ffer View Post
                          Is it possible to add a Color picker also when in API mode? I like using API mode but the picker would be nice to have
                          How would you envision this working? Are you wanting the color picker UI to be on the HS3 device web interface? What is your specific use case?

Comment

How would you envision this working? Are you wanting the color picker UI to be on the HS3 device web interface? What is your specific use case?
                            Sorry for not clarifying I was thinking the same way it works when you have the board in regular "Arduino" mode. When you have added at least three outputs you can choose which output to use for which color.

Comment

Why not just add it to a second board with the normal Sketch?

Greig.
                              Zwave = Z-Stick, 3xHSM100� 7xACT ZDM230, 1xEverspring SM103, 2xACT HomePro ZRP210.
                              X10 = CM12U, 2xAM12, 1xAW10, 1 x TM13U, 1xMS13, 2xHR10, 2xSS13
                              Other Hardware = ADI Ocelot + secu16, Global Cache GC100, RFXtrx433, 3 x Foscams.
                              Plugings = RFXcom, ActiveBackup, Applied Digital Ocelot, BLDeviceMatrix, BLGarbage, BLLAN, Current Cost, Global Cache GC100,HSTouch Android, HSTouch Server, HSTouch Server Unlimited, NetCAM, PowerTrigger, SageWebcamXP, SqueezeBox, X10 CM11A/CM12U.
                              Scripts =
                              Various

Comment

Hi,
                                It would be nice to have also an inverted option for outputs, like there is now for the analog input.
                                Many relay boards use zero as the active High.

I solved it now in the Homeseer.ino in this way:

Code:
                                 case 'O':

pinMode(Byte3, OUTPUT);
                                        if (Byte4 > 1) {
                                          OutPinArray[Byte5 - 1] = Byte3;
                                          OutputMillis[Byte5 - 1] = Byte4;
                                          bitWrite(OutputToggle, Byte3, 0);
                                          previousOutMillis[Byte5 - 1] = 0;
                                        }
                                        else
                                        {
                                         [B] Byte4 = !Byte4;  // Inverted output Alex Houben 20170328[/B]
                                          OutPinArray[Byte5 - 1] = -1;
                                          bitWrite(OutputToggle, Byte3, 0);
                                          digitalWrite(Byte3, Byte4);
                                          previousOutMillis[Byte5 - 1] = 0;
                                        }
                                        break;

Alex

Comment

Working...
                                X