X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vincenttor
    replied
    There is, you can write your own api.
    Don't ask me how it works , but there are some scripts already on the web that support this and can be used.

Leave a comment:

• Jakob.Sand
    replied
    Is There a way to get an input pin to work as current cost energy type. So that it can be added to homeseers energy system and mesarues?

Leave a comment:

• pmiller
    replied
    Originally posted by marekd1 View Post
    Hi Greig,

How about supporting LCD with I2C. Much smaller requirement for pins and it should not interfere with Ethernet board.

Mark
    The I2C does sound like the simplest route, sounds like a good solution.

Paul

Leave a comment:

• marekd1
    replied
    Hi Greig,

How about supporting LCD with I2C. Much smaller requirement for pins and it should not interfere with Ethernet board.

Mark

Leave a comment:

• pmiller
    replied
    Originally posted by enigmatheatre View Post
    I have looked at this in the past but as all displays require different commands it is not that simple. I had this working in HS2 with the LCD Shield but as you say you then cant run Ethernet. I may look in to running a serial output from the Arduino so you can run serial devices connected to the board like lcd displays.

Greig

Leave a comment:

• enigmatheatre
    replied
    I have looked at this in the past but as all displays require different commands it is not that simple. I had this working in HS2 with the LCD Shield but as you say you then cant run Ethernet. I may look in to running a serial output from the Arduino so you can run serial devices connected to the board like lcd displays.

Greig

Leave a comment:

• pmiller
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Rinpe
    replied
    My request is to have possibility to send IR code without boards set as API.
    I'm not interesting on receive IR code but if you are able the thing is good :-)
    Thanks
    Rinpe

Leave a comment:

• DMcKnight
    replied
    Originally posted by rprade View Post
    I have a reconnect event that starts a timer when any Arduino changes to a value not equal to connected. If that timer reaches 5 seconds, the board is disconnected > wait 2 seconds > reconnected. A successful connection stops and resets the timer. If the timer reaches 1 minute I am sent a pushover notification of the board being other than connected. I have not needed those events in the last several months since I replaced all of my Ethernet shields with genuine Arduino, but before that I was having occasions when the boards would go into a "connection error" state. That series of events does the same thing as auto connect.

You could create an "Irrigation Winter" virtual device and use it in the event conditions for your irrigation controller. Enable Irrigation Winter which would trigger an event to disconnect the board and to disable the reconnect event. Turn the switch back off to trigger an event to reconnect and to enable the reconnect event.

Yes, I do have an "irrigation season" virtual device. It's handy for a few things along these lines. I also used to have a reconnection event (not as extensive as yours) but I dispensed with it when the autoconnect seemed to start working well.
    I suspect that I'll get round to running a few more Cat 5e or 6 cables around the house this winter. (Though cat 6 to an arduino in the garage seems overkill!) Using a repurposed router as a bridge *almost* works well, but it is one notch too flakey for keeping the yard alive...
    doug

Leave a comment:

• ESSCHENK
    replied
    Hello,

Is there any change that this this

https://www.tindie.com/products/azid...ule-80211-bgn/

Or any other Wifi module is supported

Ed

Leave a comment:

• randy
    replied
    I have a reconnect event that starts a timer when any Arduino changes to a value not equal to connected. If that timer reaches 5 seconds, the board is disconnected > wait 2 seconds > reconnected. A successful connection stops and resets the timer. If the timer reaches 1 minute I am sent a pushover notification of the board being other than connected. I have not needed those events in the last several months since I replaced all of my Ethernet shields with genuine Arduino, but before that I was having occasions when the boards would go into a "connection error" state. That series of events does the same thing as auto connect.

You could create an "Irrigation Winter" virtual device and use it in the event conditions for your irrigation controller. Enable Irrigation Winter which would trigger an event to disconnect the board and to disable the reconnect event. Turn the switch back off to trigger an event to reconnect and to enable the reconnect event.

Leave a comment:

• DMcKnight
    replied
    Originally posted by rprade View Post
    Just disable "Auto Connect" on that board on the config page.
    Yes, you are right I could do that. Duh. I think, though, if I do that, I will perhaps issue a re-connect before each sprinkler change. I'm communicating over a wi-fi bridge, and it is sometimes a bit flakey.

thx
    doug

Leave a comment:

• randy
    replied
    Originally posted by DMcKnight View Post
    Hello Greig,

A feature that would be nice (or if it exists already, I haven't noticed it) would be to be able to disable a board so that the plug-in isn't trying to connect. For instance, I use an Arduino to control the lawn sprinklers. They get completely shut down for months over the winter, so it's natural to power off the arduino.

regards
    Doug
    Just disable "Auto Connect" on that board on the config page.

Leave a comment:

• DMcKnight
    replied
    Hello Greig,

A feature that would be nice (or if it exists already, I haven't noticed it) would be to be able to disable a board so that the plug-in isn't trying to connect. For instance, I use an Arduino to control the lawn sprinklers. They get completely shut down for months over the winter, so it's natural to power off the arduino.

regards
    Doug

Leave a comment:

• jchestnuts
    replied
    That is great news. I am all set to add more sensors! Somehow I misinterpreted the note about about the OneWire limitation. Thank you for all of your help with my questions and the additional information about implementing OneWire. It will be very helpful.
    Last edited by jchestnuts; October 5, 2014, 10:25 PM. Reason: adding info

Leave a comment:

Working...
X