X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• stevenseh@gmail.com
    replied
    Arduino Plugin not connecting to Access Point wifi

I am using Powerline internet and wifi at my home. Apparently my connection to my ESP8266 over wifi only works through "access point" wifi. I can get the ESP8266 to connect to my wifi in the sketch using the following code:

WiFi.mode(WIFI_AP);
    WiFi.softAP(ssid, pass);
    WiFi.config(ip,gateway,subnet);
    WiFi.begin();

This replaces the standard code

WiFi.begin(ssid, pass);
    WiFi.config(ip, gateway, subnet);
    WiFi.mode(WIFI_STA);

However, further code in the plug-in prevents the board to connect.

Is there a patch for this available?

Thanks for looking into this!

Leave a comment:

• Fatlab
    replied
    Native support for ESP32 boards.
    Ability to cache the individual/customised .ino files in homeseer so they can be downloaded and re-generated from any PC

Leave a comment:

• jim@beersman.com
    replied
    I would like to have the ability to bind this PI to a secondary Network Card. I have been working on segmenting off my network and moving most of my Home Automation to an IOT VLAN that does not have access to the Internet. It appears that without binding this PI to a secondary NIC it is unable to talk with my IOT network.

Leave a comment:

• enigmatheatre
    replied
    Originally posted by Ronnie View Post
    Hi,
    Any chance for DHT22 support? I have not done a lot of arduino programming but would like to use several of the DHT22 sensors for temperature and humidity. I don't even know where to start for the programming of these.

Thanks,

Ronnie
    have a look here: https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/an...ty-sensors-api
    It should not be too hard to do and I am sure if you are stuck you can ask on the forum and we will help out.

Leave a comment:

• Ronnie
    replied
    Hi,
    Any chance for DHT22 support? I have not done a lot of arduino programming but would like to use several of the DHT22 sensors for temperature and humidity. I don't even know where to start for the programming of these.

Thanks,

Ronnie

Leave a comment:

• janjanssen
    replied
    My feature request is to have the ability to upload API sketches over ethernet; it would require something like the Ariadne bootloader but would make it so much easier to update difficult to access Arduino boards.

Leave a comment:

• mulu
    replied
    Can you add a feature where you automatically detect the serial port. I guess you could query Windows for all available COM ports. Then you connect to all of those ports and send a message to reply with their board name (which would have to be modified when downloading the sketch). If somebody didn't modify the board name than auto detection is turned off. And there might be the need for an option in the plugin configuration to enable/disable the auto connection with some note that if you enable it you have to modify the board name. Maybe there is a better way to do this but that would be a great feature in my opinion.

Leave a comment:

• usLEDsupply
    replied
    I would still love to see support for the Map function for analog inputs as i use pressure sensors on my water and air lines and it is hard getting the correct value with simple math functions

Leave a comment:

• janjanssen
    replied
    Feature request for a counter running in the Arduino, with option to reset from HS and option to define the read-out time (similar to readout of analog input pins). Thank you.

Leave a comment:

• enigmatheatre
    replied
    Originally posted by RJS View Post
    Any plans to add support for the Uno Wifi Rev 2?

Thanks,
    Robert
    This is not something I have looked at. I have had trouble with the UNO running low on memory and lack of pins for the price. I would advise using the NodeMCU for WIFI connection with the Beta Version of the plugin for HS3 or there will be full support for them in HS4.

Greig,

Leave a comment:

• RJS
    replied
    Any plans to add support for the Uno Wifi Rev 2?

Thanks,
    Robert

Leave a comment:

• usLEDsupply
    replied
    Originally posted by Michelob View Post
    Hi everyone,

Is it possible being warned if a plugin update will demand to upload sketches again ? Before to install it, I mean.

Thank you,

Michel
    I agree as it is always late at night when i update then i have to run around updating boards for the next 30 min
    but i think a better option would be for the plugin to still work with the out of date version (it already knows what version the board has so it could just load a translator file or use the settings from that version of the plugin) but say mismatch in the log so you can update it when you have time but i don't know if this would be possible in the code so just an idea at least until the node MCU boards are updated automatically OTA from the plugin:-)

Leave a comment:

• enigmatheatre
    replied
    Originally posted by Michelob View Post
    Hi everyone,

Is it possible being warned if a plugin update will demand to upload sketches again ? Before to install it, I mean.

Thank you,

Michel
    I will do my best to add this to the release notes when it is required.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• Michelob
    replied
    Hi everyone,

Thank you,

Michel

Leave a comment:

• feman
    replied
    Any plans for "sleep" modes in the NodeMCU application. I realize that I can use the NodeMCU API mode, but so far I haven't needed to go that route. The board mode, at least for the NodeMCU, has been able to handle most of what I needed.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X