X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mulu
    replied
    PWM pins can be turned on, off or set to anything in between. It would be great if there is an additional state to set the pin to the last setting. Let's assume it was at 80% and then the pin is turned off. It would be nice if I could send a command to set it to the last state. This could be useful for lights, motors, etc. For instance my light switches have a state 255 which sets them to the last dimming level.

Click image for larger version

Name:	light.png
Views:	620
Size:	20.4 KB
ID:	1317996

Leave a comment:

• mulu
    replied
    The plugin supports PWM with fading on native PWM pins only. There are so many PWM applications and in my case I need considerably more PWM pins than built into the Arduino. Hence, it would be great if the plugin allowed for software emulated PWM pins including fading on other pins than native PWM pins.

Leave a comment:

• mulu
    replied
    It would be great to get the number of input and output devices associated with a particular board. I have an Arduino that controls up to 8 strip lights through 8 pins. However, there might be fewer than 8 strip lights connected to the Arduino.

For each actual strip light connected to the Arduino I have several inputs and outputs configured in the plugin. I don't want to query FromHS for strip lights that don't actually exists and I don't want to send status updated for strips lights that don't exist. However, the only way for me to know how many strip lights I really have is if the plugin can tell me how many inputs and outputs I have.

Yes, I could create another output where I can define the number of strip lights. However, I am sure there are many other scenarios where knowing the inputs/outputs is important and it really just takes two bytes (and some code) to make that information accessible.

Leave a comment:

• logbuilder
    replied
    Originally posted by brassfly View Post
    Amazing plugin, literally use it everyday. Would it be possible to get it working with other arduinos? Wifi models, for example the MKR Wifi 1010?
    If you are interested in other models for the wifi functionality, there are several models of arduinos that work well. I've used the esp8266 nodeMCU platform extensively and it works great. I've also tested the ESP32 and it worked well in initial testing but I haven't used it in production.

Also, the nodeMCUs can be had for < $10 which appears to be less cost than the MKR Wifi 1010 @ $35. Maybe there are some other differences that make the MKR Wifi 1010 worth the extra cost.

Leave a comment:

• brassfly
    replied
    Amazing plugin, literally use it everyday. Would it be possible to get it working with other arduinos? Wifi models, for example the MKR Wifi 1010?

Leave a comment:

• randy
    replied
    Originally posted by Tj in Bristol View Post
    I figured to post this part here, there should be a check box to make mac address OPTIONAL,
    so all of us the do not want to use mac addressing do not have to....
    Your network would be very unhappy handling frames without a MAC address.

Leave a comment:

• Tj in Bristol
    replied
    I figured to post this part here, there should be a check box to make mac address OPTIONAL,
    so all of us the do not want to use mac addressing do not have to....

Leave a comment:

• jezza
    replied
    Hi Greig, i was wondering if it would be possible to add support for thermometers? i can only manage to get the output to the resistance by adding some of the formula in the below link into the Sum area of the analog pin setup.

https://learn.adafruit.com/thermisto...g-a-thermistor

im asking as it will allow me to use items such as https://www.littelfuse.com/products/...-housings.aspx

thanks

Leave a comment:

• Moskus
    replied
    Originally posted by NorthGa View Post
    There are several for the raspberrypi (like RasPlex). I haven't researched, but surely someone has tried this on arduino and/or nodemcu.
    I'm sure people have tried, but I'm guessing they have also failed.

Raspberry Pi runs Linux. Arduino/NodeMCU does not.

Leave a comment:

• NorthGa
    replied
    I was thinking of something like an airplay app. There are several for the raspberrypi (like RasPlex). I haven't researched, but surely someone has tried this on arduino and/or nodemcu. If that works then could use Spuds Airplay. I've started putting nodemcus with motion and temp in each room of my house... how cool would it be if they could also be used as a speaker client?

Leave a comment:

• randy
    replied
    Originally posted by NorthGa View Post
    Has anybody tried using a nodeMCU as a HS3 Speaker Client?
    What would you use to decode the TTS from HS. Where would you get the audio?

Leave a comment:

• NorthGa
    replied
    Has anybody tried using a nodeMCU as a HS3 Speaker Client?

Leave a comment:

• enigmatheatre
    replied
    As of version V1.0.0.132 the plugin supports 30 Arduinos. This is as far as I have taken it as I can see many people needing 100.

Leave a comment:

• petez69
    replied
    Greig would have to advise how the plugin scales. I use 3 mega boards here as I wanted the lot to be on ethernet...

Now in saying that, it will depend on how many I/O points you require at each "location". I'm just experimenting with MQTT messaging and Michael McSharry's plugin. I've jsut got ESPeasy on a node MCU board interfacing to HS via MQTT, very easy to configure and control....this would scale with minimal load on HS very well...

I'm not trying to hijack your method, I love the Arduino plugin and I plan to keep using it.

Leave a comment:

• fksk
    replied
    This may sound extreme, but having the ability to have 10x boards may sound like a lot, but I’m building out a smart/sensored topology for a large footprint building and in actuality I could easily need 100x Arduinos to deploy and interact with.

With the sheer density of sensoring required it is not feasible to do with 10x boards. We would have wiring going EVERYWHERE. With many many many multi-hundred foot runs to each board. Yuck. :P

Is there a 32-bit programming/space/etc type limitation re: 10x board limit or is it something easier to workaround?

PS the plugin is AMAZING as it sits already!!!!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X