Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Connection Failed

Hi Greg

I get a lot of Connection FAILED status. I have attached the log file.

Any ideas?

Scott
    Attached Files

Hi Scott.
    It looks like the old usb disconnect bug is back, I thought I had fixed it but it could be that everyone is using Ethernet. I have a board here with a usb connection that has not reported an error in weeks. Can you check you have the latest drivers for the board and that the usb port is not going to sleep. Can I also ask if it is in a hub or not?

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk
    Zwave = Z-Stick, 3xHSM100� 7xACT ZDM230, 1xEverspring SM103, 2xACT HomePro ZRP210.
    X10 = CM12U, 2xAM12, 1xAW10, 1 x TM13U, 1xMS13, 2xHR10, 2xSS13
    Other Hardware = ADI Ocelot + secu16, Global Cache GC100, RFXtrx433, 3 x Foscams.
    Plugings = RFXcom, ActiveBackup, Applied Digital Ocelot, BLDeviceMatrix, BLGarbage, BLLAN, Current Cost, Global Cache GC100,HSTouch Android, HSTouch Server, HSTouch Server Unlimited, NetCAM, PowerTrigger, SageWebcamXP, SqueezeBox, X10 CM11A/CM12U.
    Scripts =
    Various

Comment

Originally posted by enigmatheatre View Post
      Hi Scott.
      It looks like the old usb disconnect bug is back, I thought I had fixed it but it could be that everyone is using Ethernet. I have a board here with a usb connection that has not reported an error in weeks. Can you check you have the latest drivers for the board and that the usb port is not going to sleep. Can I also ask if it is in a hub or not?

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk
      Cheers Greg

I'll check the driver - what version would you recommend?

It's not a hub - it's plugged directly in to the USB port.

Scott

Comment

Hi Greg

I'm using driver Ver 1.0.0.0 but I can't find any updates - do you know what version is available and where to get a copy (Windows 7 64bit)??

Scott
        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by ScottRennie View Post
          Hi Greg

I'm using driver Ver 1.0.0.0 but I can't find any updates - do you know what version is available and where to get a copy (Windows 7 64bit)??

Scott
          I just run the update from device manager for the latest drivers. I have a mega on test but will dig out an uno and test it latter tonight. Can you send me an email and I will send you a new build that may help you.

Greig.
          Zwave = Z-Stick, 3xHSM100� 7xACT ZDM230, 1xEverspring SM103, 2xACT HomePro ZRP210.
          Other Hardware = ADI Ocelot + secu16, Global Cache GC100, RFXtrx433, 3 x Foscams.
          Plugings = RFXcom, ActiveBackup, Applied Digital Ocelot, BLDeviceMatrix, BLGarbage, BLLAN, Current Cost, Global Cache GC100,HSTouch Android, HSTouch Server, HSTouch Server Unlimited, NetCAM, PowerTrigger, SageWebcamXP, SqueezeBox, X10 CM11A/CM12U.
          Scripts =
          Various

Comment

Hi Guys,

I have the same problem with my UNO.
            It is directly connected to com2 of the server, but is disconnecting constantly.

My port setting is on 9600, but I saw in the .ino file you are connecting on 112500, but I can't figure out where the settings are set. Nor it is stated in the helpp file.

Redbull

Comment

Originally posted by Redbull View Post
              Hi Guys,

I have the same problem with my UNO.
              It is directly connected to com2 of the server, but is disconnecting constantly.

My port setting is on 9600, but I saw in the .ino file you are connecting on 112500, but I can't figure out where the settings are set. Nor it is stated in the helpp file.

Redbull
              The port speed is set to 115200 by the plugin when it is open as this is the speed that the Sketch requires.

I am looking for my uno now and will give it a test on usb tonight.

Greig.
              Scripts =
              Various

Comment

I have looked at my setup and this is the drivers I am using so give them a go.
                Arduino Driver Download.
                How to install is here
                Attached Files
                Scripts =
                Various

Comment

I have looked at my setup and this is the drivers I am using so give them a go.
                  Arduino Driver Download.
                  How to install is here
                  That's the same drivers that I already have. If you open arduino.inf you'll see the line DriverVer=01/04/2013,1.0.0.0 so I presume your using a different driver for the Mega?

Anything else I can try? I think I have an Ethernet shield if you think it will help. Does your sketch have the Ethernet stuff in it or do I need to edit the Sketch?

Scott

Comment

That's the same drivers that I already have. If you open arduino.inf you'll see the line DriverVer=01/04/2013,1.0.0.0 so I presume your using a different driver for the Mega?

Anything else I can try? I think I have an Ethernet shield if you think it will help. Does your sketch have the Ethernet stuff in it or do I need to edit the Sketch?

Scott
                    Scott,

That is strange I may have posted the wrong one as you will see from the picture above this is for my Uno.

I can almost guarantee it will work better with Ethernet as this is the what most people I know use it and there is no reported problems with this.

I see you are running HS V3.0.0.121 and I have a build that may fix the usb problem for you but you need to run HS V3.0.0.123 or above for it to work.

Greig.
                    Scripts =
                    Various

Comment

Scott,

That is strange I may have posted the wrong one as you will see from the picture above this is for my Uno.

I can almost guarantee it will work better with Ethernet as this is the what most people I know use it and there is no reported problems with this.

I see you are running HS V3.0.0.121 and I have a build that may fix the usb problem for you but you need to run HS V3.0.0.123 or above for it to work.

Greig.
                      Hi Greg
                      I'm away on holiday this week, but I'll remote in and check the version tomorrow. If I add the ethernet shield, what do I need to do to make it work with the your homeseer.ino sketch?

Comment

Hi Greg
                        I'm away on holiday this week, but I'll remote in and check the version tomorrow. If I add the ethernet shield, what do I need to do to make it work with the your homeseer.ino sketch?
                        Its very easy.
                        Just change the board config in the plugin by setting an IP address and port then download the sketch from the plugin page again and upload it to the board as the plugin will set it all up for you. Then add the Ethernet shield and plugin it all in the plugin will work the same as before but over your network.

Greig.
                        Scripts =
                        Various

Comment

Cheers Greig, I'll try the Ethernet next week. in the meantime I'll try updating HS - it might fix the email problem as well!

Cheers
                          Scott

Comment

Hi Greig,

I have tested my Arduino Ethernet card (not the ethernet shield) and the connection is failing after about 1 minute or so. Attached is the log file.
                            Attached Files

Comment

i have been using a usb connection to a mega for several months now without any trouble but before the last update i did have some trouble so i made an event to restart the connection after a 60 sec if the connection was anything other than connected and send me a notification but it hasn't been run in almost a month and has been rock solid (at the same time i reinstalled windows and hs3 so i am not sure what was causing the trouble but i had some issues with windows so it may have been that)

Comment

Working...
                              X