No announcement yet.

Connection Failed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If I was able to reset the connection with an event, would be great, but the reset or connect won't work and the only solution is to power cycle my Arduino every time (running stairs up and down every time)

Redbull

Comment

Hi RedBull,

Sorry but I have been Very busy at work.

I have had a look at your debug log and your board 3 is not replying to the server. Can you check the following.

1.You have uploaded the Sketch for the correct board from the config page.
      2.You dont have a firewall or antivirus blocking the ports of the plugin.

Can I ask if you had the boards working at all with usb as this looks like a config problem.

Greig.
      Zwave = Z-Stick, 3xHSM100� 7xACT ZDM230, 1xEverspring SM103, 2xACT HomePro ZRP210.
      X10 = CM12U, 2xAM12, 1xAW10, 1 x TM13U, 1xMS13, 2xHR10, 2xSS13
      Other Hardware = ADI Ocelot + secu16, Global Cache GC100, RFXtrx433, 3 x Foscams.
      Plugings = RFXcom, ActiveBackup, Applied Digital Ocelot, BLDeviceMatrix, BLGarbage, BLLAN, Current Cost, Global Cache GC100,HSTouch Android, HSTouch Server, HSTouch Server Unlimited, NetCAM, PowerTrigger, SageWebcamXP, SqueezeBox, X10 CM11A/CM12U.
      Scripts =
      Various

Comment

Hi Greig,

Work and family has priority, so no problem :-)
        I have checked my server, no blockages from firewalls or anti-virus.
        In the log I see the following:

okt-08 22:50:13 Arduino Plugin Warning = Board: 3 has a connection ERROR. Retrying.
        okt-08 22:50:13 Arduino Plugin Keeping Board: 3 Comport Alive.
        okt-08 22:49:43 Arduino Plugin Keeping Board: 3 Comport Alive.

So after 30 seconds after the first Comport Alive message it is giving a connection error after the second Comport Alive message and the only way to solve this is to restart the Arduino.

The strange thing is, it doesn't matter if I connect via USB or IP, bothe are timing out after a while.

Next thing I will try is to trace with wireshark, to see what is happening.

Regards,

Redbull

Comment

Hi Greig,

I have traced the connection with wireshark.
          I can see at the end (equal to the log in my previous replay) of the trace
          K Keep Alive
          K Keep Alive
          C Connect
          K Keep alive
          D Disconnect

All comming from the server, without response from the Arduino.
          So it looks like the Arduino is dead

Hope this will help

Redbull

Comment

Can you please send me the sketch you are running on the board so I can see if there is a problem with the build of it.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk
            Zwave = Z-Stick, 3xHSM100� 7xACT ZDM230, 1xEverspring SM103, 2xACT HomePro ZRP210.
            Other Hardware = ADI Ocelot + secu16, Global Cache GC100, RFXtrx433, 3 x Foscams.
            Plugings = RFXcom, ActiveBackup, Applied Digital Ocelot, BLDeviceMatrix, BLGarbage, BLLAN, Current Cost, Global Cache GC100,HSTouch Android, HSTouch Server, HSTouch Server Unlimited, NetCAM, PowerTrigger, SageWebcamXP, SqueezeBox, X10 CM11A/CM12U.
            Scripts =
            Various

Comment

Greig,

Atatached is the (standard) sketch I am using.
              Using Arduino 1.5.7 to load it.
              The problem is both on the Arduino Uno with Ethernet shield as wel as on the Arduino Ethernet itself.

Thanks for digging into this one

Redbull
              Attached Files

Comment

Greig,

I have found the problem

I remembered when I was setting op the Arduino, I downloaded 1.5.7 and tried to use the libraries you provided with the plugin. That does not work and gives a compile error.

I completely removed 1.5.7 from my system and installed 1.5.6-R2 as you described in the manual, installed the libraries from the plugin.

Took the same sketch, compiled it and loaded it on the same Arduino which gave problems, since it came online........no disconnects or whatever anymore.
                I even can disconnect the board, reset it and connect it manually, data is comming through with the speed of light

So there is definitly a problem with 1.5.7
                Anyone else same problem/issue/solution?

Regards

Redbull

Comment

Good news,

I have only used 1.5.6-R2 but now I think about it someone else had a problem with 1.5.6 beta and had to roll back to get it to work. I will have to try 1.5 and see if I can work out whats going on with it.

Greig.
                  Scripts =
                  Various

Comment

That was a valuable suggestion. I experienced intermittent problems with 4 out of 6 Arduino Mega's. When troubleshooting I noticed the boards did not even respond to a ping although the led's on the ethernet suggested there was normal connectivity.

I have removed the Arduino software completely and downgraded to the 1.5.6-R2 version, compiled and uploaded the sketches to the boards and from that moment on the boards immediately started to respond to pings and also to the HS3 plugin.

Interested in finding out what is causing this problem, eventually need to upgrade to the latest version because the R2 version does not supports all boards I have.

Comment

my genuine uno is connecting for precisley 1 minute and then disconnecting, using 1.5.8
                      Going to try downgrading.

Comment

Originally posted by ecuboss View Post
                        my genuine uno is connecting for precisley 1 minute and then disconnecting, using 1.5.8
                        Going to try downgrading.
                        Do you get a connection error in the log?

Greig.
                        Scripts =
                        Various

Comment

jan-15 14:10:55 Arduino Plugin Disconnected from Board No:1 on COM
                          Jan-15 14:10:55 Arduino Plugin Error = Board: 1 Connection FAILED.
                          Jan-15 14:10:25 Arduino Plugin Warning = Board: 1 has a connection ERROR. Retrying.
                          Jan-15 14:09:25 Arduino Plugin Updating Values on Board No: 1
                          Jan-15 14:09:25 Arduino Plugin Updating pins on Board No: 1
                          Jan-15 14:09:25 Arduino Plugin Connected to Board No:1 at ip address 192.168.50.55 Port No:8900
                          Jan-15 14:09:25 Arduino Plugin Board 1 Version 1.0.0.36 and Plugin Version 1.0.0.36 are compatible.
                          Jan-15 14:09:24 Arduino Plugin Connecting Board No:1 at ip address 192.168.50.55 Port No:8900

I then have to power cycle the arduino, then it repeats the above - precisley 1 minute between connect and disconnect

Comment

Seems to be working on 1.56 now.

Although, what may be different is where i placed the library files. With the library file you provide, two of the folders already exist - so this time i renamed them before then copying the zip file into the same location.

Has to be said, the instructions for that part need revising as what it tells you to do, doesn't seem to match what i see when using 1.58 in terms of folder structure - i kept reading and re-installing and it didn't seem to make sense.

Comment

Hi,

I've started experimenting with Arduino. I have a meg 2560 board and 1.0.0.81 version of the plugin.

With a USB connection I can operate the board.

I am trying to get an Ethernet Shield working - so far with no success.
                              I have it installed on the board. I downloaded the libraries and the new sketch.
                              The sketch uploaded with no errors.
                              I cannot see the board. Looking in the sketch it sets the MAC, IP and port number. I am unable to ping the IP.
                              I added the subnet mask and gateway to the sketch just in case - but that didn't help either.
                              Is there a way to tell if the Ethernet shield is working?
                              Any suggestions welcome.
                              Cheers

Comment

Originally posted by IanIreland View Post
                                Hi,

I've started experimenting with Arduino. I have a meg 2560 board and 1.0.0.81 version of the plugin.

With a USB connection I can operate the board.

I am trying to get an Ethernet Shield working - so far with no success.
                                I have it installed on the board. I downloaded the libraries and the new sketch.
                                The sketch uploaded with no errors.
                                I cannot see the board. Looking in the sketch it sets the MAC, IP and port number. I am unable to ping the IP.
                                I added the subnet mask and gateway to the sketch just in case - but that didn't help either.
                                Is there a way to tell if the Ethernet shield is working?
                                Any suggestions welcome.
                                Cheers
                                Mine will all respond to a ping if they are connected and working and will show up in my router as attached devices. Before you upload the sketch, make sure the IP address you expect is hard coded in. The HomeSeer ip is also hard coded into the sketch. they are in lines just below

//******************************Ethernet Setup*****************************

byte mac[] = {0x00, 0xAA, 0xBB, 0xCC, 0xDE, 0x01};
                                IPAddress ip(192,168,2,12); //IP entered in HS config.
                                const unsigned int localPort = 55120; //port entered in HS config.
                                IPAddress HomeseerIP(192,168,2,25); //Homeseer IP address

If all of that is correct and you see handshaking lights on the shield Ethernet port, I would think the board might be at fault.
                                HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.0 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

Working...
                                X