Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ethernet Connection issues?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    #16
    Originally posted by petez69 View Post
    Hi Randy

    Yes I had a google and found similar especially the reference to the Mega and resets...Interesting :-) Might try and find a local source...

    Pete
    This whole thing has piqued my interest. I have ordered some 5V POE modules from China and a couple of Genuine Arduino Ethernet shields. It will take a couple of weeks for the modules to arrive from China, then I will assemble them and try the new shields out.

    I'll post back to this thread after testing.

    Comment


      #17

      Comment


        #18
        Well i today i drove again 400Km to and back from the location where the arduino is placed.
        After 1.5 week of being used here at my own home with the Ethernet 2 board, no errors or disconnects whatsoever.

        I was busy there today, it seemed to work good, and now when i just got home i see on the camera that there is no light again on when someone comes in the building.
        Logged on the computer remote and there it was, a disconnect again............

        Not sure how to solve it this time, this was the same arduino with shield that was running fine here.
        The network seems "stable" not much special on it as well, just a computer, some ip cameras and thats it.

        Comment


          #19
          Put in a new patch cable the next time and throw away the old one.

          In other words, it could be something external to the shield if it works fine in another location.

          Comment


            #20
            Thanks for the tip Automated
            hmm yes, stupid that i haven't thought of that.
            Can't see anything funny in the debug log as well.

            Code:
            11-3-2016 ,21:22:53.086 Connecting Board No:1 at ip address 192.168.178.99 Port No:9000
            11-3-2016 ,21:22:53.134 Sent to IP:192.168.178.99 Port No:9000 = 1 C           ,Connect Command
            11-3-2016 ,21:22:53.136 New UDP Text Recieved = Connect 1
            11-3-2016 ,21:23:22.519 Sent to IP:192.168.178.99 Port No:9000 = 1 K           ,Keep Alive Command
            11-3-2016 ,21:23:22.519 Keeping Board: 1 Comport Alive.
            11-3-2016 ,21:23:52.529 Sent to IP:192.168.178.99 Port No:9000 = 1 K           ,Keep Alive Command
            11-3-2016 ,21:23:52.531 Keeping Board: 1 Comport Alive.
            11-3-2016 ,21:23:52.533 Board: 1 has a connection ERROR. Retrying.
            11-3-2016 ,21:23:52.564 Sent to IP:192.168.178.99 Port No:9000 = 1 C           ,Connect Command
            11-3-2016 ,21:23:52.592 Sent to IP:192.168.178.99 Port No:9000 = 1 K           ,Keep Alive Command
            11-3-2016 ,21:24:22.508 Board: 1 Connection FAILED.
            11-3-2016 ,21:24:22.541 Sent to IP:192.168.178.99 Port No:9000 = 1 D           ,Disconnect Command
            11-3-2016 ,21:24:22.543 Disconnected from Board No:1 at ip address 192.168.178.99 Port No:9000
            Then i have to reset the arduino with the phone switch and it reconnects directly.
            There is a switching power supply 12 cm next to it i the same cabinet, the power for the arduino is a separate psu 5Volt.
            Going to make a shielded cable with connectors, maybe the switching psu is interfering ?!

            Comment


              #21
              Is there any kind of backup power there? Perhaps the line voltage dips just enough from time to time that it hangs the interface. I have seen this before, but usually it would hang the whole device somehow.

              Comment


                #22
                Originally posted by Vincenttor View Post
                Thanks for the tip Automated
                hmm yes, stupid that i haven't thought of that.
                Can't see anything funny in the debug log as well.

                Code:
                11-3-2016 ,21:22:53.086 Connecting Board No:1 at ip address 192.168.178.99 Port No:9000
                11-3-2016 ,21:22:53.134 Sent to IP:192.168.178.99 Port No:9000 = 1 C           ,Connect Command
                11-3-2016 ,21:22:53.136 New UDP Text Recieved = Connect 1
                11-3-2016 ,21:23:22.519 Sent to IP:192.168.178.99 Port No:9000 = 1 K           ,Keep Alive Command
                11-3-2016 ,21:23:22.519 Keeping Board: 1 Comport Alive.
                11-3-2016 ,21:23:52.529 Sent to IP:192.168.178.99 Port No:9000 = 1 K           ,Keep Alive Command
                11-3-2016 ,21:23:52.531 Keeping Board: 1 Comport Alive.
                11-3-2016 ,21:23:52.533 Board: 1 has a connection ERROR. Retrying.
                11-3-2016 ,21:23:52.564 Sent to IP:192.168.178.99 Port No:9000 = 1 C           ,Connect Command
                11-3-2016 ,21:23:52.592 Sent to IP:192.168.178.99 Port No:9000 = 1 K           ,Keep Alive Command
                11-3-2016 ,21:24:22.508 Board: 1 Connection FAILED.
                11-3-2016 ,21:24:22.541 Sent to IP:192.168.178.99 Port No:9000 = 1 D           ,Disconnect Command
                11-3-2016 ,21:24:22.543 Disconnected from Board No:1 at ip address 192.168.178.99 Port No:9000
                Then i have to reset the arduino with the phone switch and it reconnects directly.
                There is a switching power supply 12 cm next to it i the same cabinet, the power for the arduino is a separate psu 5Volt.
                Going to make a shielded cable with connectors, maybe the switching psu is interfering ?!
                There is definitely stuff that is odd with the Ethernet interfaces. I have my wiegand reader connected via power supply and separate ethernet cable, perfect for a week. I tried poormans POE with a y splitter at both ends on same Ethernet cable, connection dropped every 2 hours..

                I'm hoping to get the Python code from Jakob and try it on a PI to see if things are more stable though in saying that..

                4 megas are now stable and connect fine after power fluctuation.

                Freetronics etherten doesn't always connect..

                Definitely trial and error :-). I've bought lots of parts from aliexpress for my automation project and you have to be very careful as quality varies. The new rgb strip I put behind the TV for ambient lighting was junk, had to fix it in 4 places as they were smaller strips soldered together and they were dry joints.

                I don't mind paying more for quality but sometimes you just can't tell :-)

                Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
                HS 2.2.0.11

                Comment


                  #23
                  Originally posted by petez69 View Post
                  There is definitely stuff that is odd with the Ethernet interfaces. I have my wiegand reader connected via power supply and separate ethernet cable, perfect for a week. I tried poormans POE with a y splitter at both ends on same Ethernet cable, connection dropped every 2 hours..

                  I'm hoping to get the Python code from Jakob and try it on a PI to see if things are more stable though in saying that..

                  4 megas are now stable and connect fine after power fluctuation.

                  Freetronics etherten doesn't always connect..

                  Definitely trial and error :-). I've bought lots of parts from aliexpress for my automation project and you have to be very careful as quality varies. The new rgb strip I put behind the TV for ambient lighting was junk, had to fix it in 4 places as they were smaller strips soldered together and they were dry joints.

                  I don't mind paying more for quality but sometimes you just can't tell :-)

                  Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
                  It will be interesting if the w5500 boards show better stability..

                  Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
                  HS 2.2.0.11

                  Comment


                    #24
                    Originally posted by Automated View Post
                    Is there any kind of backup power there? Perhaps the line voltage dips just enough from time to time that it hangs the interface. I have seen this before, but usually it would hang the whole device somehow.
                    No there is none, well there is a battery that keeps the magnetic locks and door acces card online when power drops, maybe i can hook up a 5V converter to it to power the arduino to be sure.

                    And indeed Pete,
                    i have bought allot of stuff from there as well, most works perfectly but some just doesn't , thats the same when i buy for example arduino stuff or electronics here locally.
                    Most of them come from the same place, even when i ask for a europe made part they just give me some chinese "sometimes junk" parts.
                    Hard to tell if there is no paper/print coming with it.

                    Comment


                      #25
                      Well , most strange thing is going on here.
                      It has suddenly been running for several days without any disconnects.
                      Nothing has changed in setup and configuration
                      Still going to change all of the things i can think off to prevent this happening again

                      Comment

                      Working...
                      X