X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Onewire DS18B20 and Arduino plugin

Comment

Hi Rinpe,
      The Resolution is set by the plugin in version .36 this is changeable in the new beta that I have. If you want to test it because you need this feature the please email me and I will send it to you but I will warn you it is beta.

"Stop Creating New One Wire Devices." is because some one wire networks create phantom devices and this can cause devices to be created in the plugin that are not required so if you see this then tick the box to stop creating the devices.

If you have a event that triggers only on greater than then it will continue to trigger as the value is greater than. Try if the value is greater than and the light is off then turn the light on and if the value is lower than and the light is on turn the light off.

I hope this helps you.

Greig.
      Zwave = Z-Stick, 3xHSM100� 7xACT ZDM230, 1xEverspring SM103, 2xACT HomePro ZRP210.
      X10 = CM12U, 2xAM12, 1xAW10, 1 x TM13U, 1xMS13, 2xHR10, 2xSS13
      Other Hardware = ADI Ocelot + secu16, Global Cache GC100, RFXtrx433, 3 x Foscams.
      Plugings = RFXcom, ActiveBackup, Applied Digital Ocelot, BLDeviceMatrix, BLGarbage, BLLAN, Current Cost, Global Cache GC100,HSTouch Android, HSTouch Server, HSTouch Server Unlimited, NetCAM, PowerTrigger, SageWebcamXP, SqueezeBox, X10 CM11A/CM12U.
      Scripts =
      Various

Comment

Thanks enigmatheatre,
        so if I understand well in the .36 version (that I have) I can only change resolution but is not applicable because it is available on your beta version. In this moment I can await for the resolution set, I'll need it then.
        I'll try your advice regarding event mode.
        I'll inform you.
        Thanks again.
        Regards
        Rinpe

Comment

Hi enigmatheatre,
          I try what you said about event. Attached you can find screenshot of event.
          I don't know if there is something wrong but it doesn't work, it is crazy.
          Don't worry about double command for on off because I use double relay (I hope you understand).
          Can you try you and verify in which way it can work?
          Thanks
          Regards
          Rinpe
          Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Rinpe View Post
            Hi enigmatheatre,
            I try what you said about event. Attached you can find screenshot of event.
            I don't know if there is something wrong but it doesn't work, it is crazy.
            Don't worry about double command for on off because I use double relay (I hope you understand).
            Can you try you and verify in which way it can work?
            Thanks
            Regards
            Rinpe
            This should work.

The firs event will turn it on then off 1 sec latter and the second will turn the light off then on 1sec later.

I do not understand why you would do this. Do you just want the light to be on when its hot and off when its cold?

Greig.
            Zwave = Z-Stick, 3xHSM100� 7xACT ZDM230, 1xEverspring SM103, 2xACT HomePro ZRP210.
            Other Hardware = ADI Ocelot + secu16, Global Cache GC100, RFXtrx433, 3 x Foscams.
            Plugings = RFXcom, ActiveBackup, Applied Digital Ocelot, BLDeviceMatrix, BLGarbage, BLLAN, Current Cost, Global Cache GC100,HSTouch Android, HSTouch Server, HSTouch Server Unlimited, NetCAM, PowerTrigger, SageWebcamXP, SqueezeBox, X10 CM11A/CM12U.
            Scripts =
            Various

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Ok this is strange. I will do some testing to see what I can come up with.
                Did you copy the event or create them from scratch?
                Can you check the device value is being set as expected and not just the string in the device manager.

Can you send me a debug log of the onewire device changing value.

Greig.
                Scripts =
                Various

Comment

Comment

Hi,

Today I have connected a Trial HS3 software to an Arduino Mega board. I have set everything according to the instructions, the DS1820 sends the measured figures into the HS3 properly. I would like to set a thermostat function, but doesn't work.

I get the following note about the DS1820 in the log on every occasion: "The following strings can not be converted "Double" type "21.12". I don't quite understand it because the measured figure can be read in the "device manager" option.

What do you suggest I should set to use the Arduino as a thermostat?

Thank you in advance.
                    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Stcutter View Post
                      Hi,

Today I have connected a Trial HS3 software to an Arduino Mega board. I have set everything according to the instructions, the DS1820 sends the measured figures into the HS3 properly. I would like to set a thermostat function, but doesn't work.

I get the following note about the DS1820 in the log on every occasion: "The following strings can not be converted "Double" type "21.12". I don't quite understand it because the measured figure can be read in the "device manager" option.

What do you suggest I should set to use the Arduino as a thermostat?

Thank you in advance.
                      What version of the plugin are you using?

I think as per the post by Rinpe the values need to be 2400 and 2300 as the device value can not store a double so it uses this format.

Greig.
                      Scripts =
                      Various

Comment

Hi Grieg,

Available firmware Version = V1.0.0.36. I tried value of Rinpe, but it doesn't work. My Pin3 is always on. Any other ideas? Thank you in advance.

Istvan

Comment

Hi Grieg,

Available firmware Version = V1.0.0.36. I tried value of Rinpe, but it doesn't work. My Pin3 is always on. Any other ideas? Thank you in advance.

Istvan
                          If you are just starting I would suggest using the V.101 Beta that is in the Beta section of the updater. It uses the new Arduino IDE and has lots of bug fixes.
                          If you want to stay on 36 then you that is the device value on your one wire device showing in the advanced tab of the device.

Greig,
                          Scripts =
                          Various

Comment

Hi Grieg,

I tried the beta V1.0.0.100, but unfortunately it does not run on my machine. (Windows 10 Home V1511 x64). I get the following error message: WARNING: Failed getting InterfaceStatus from Arduino Plugin - the interface was not found in the list of active interfaces, the list may need to be refreshed.

Then, the HS3 does not start anymore. It was necessary to re-install the program.

Istvan
                            Attached Files

Comment

Hi Grieg,

I tried the beta V1.0.0.100, but unfortunately it does not run on my machine. (Windows 10 Home V1511 x64). I get the following error message: WARNING: Failed getting InterfaceStatus from Arduino Plugin - the interface was not found in the list of active interfaces, the list may need to be refreshed.

Then, the HS3 does not start anymore. It was necessary to re-install the program.

Istvan
                              I do not know what is causing your problems as I have had no other users with this problem. V1.0.0.101 is in the updater if you update the listings in the updater. You will need the Arduino IDE V1.6.5-r5 as this is compatible with the libraries supplied with this version.
                              I have not used windows 10 for my plugin so I will run some tests on that.

Greig.
                              Scripts =
                              Various

Comment

Working...
                              X