Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Failed to get InterfaceSatus, and connect errors constantly

When I go to the "Manage Plugins" part of HS3, I see this:

CRITICAL: Failed to get InterfaceStatus from Arduino Plugin: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

also, I constantly get "error connection, disconnected" etc while using the plugin. I have disabled all USB power saving features. and do not have a cable more than 12'. I am using a Mega board w/the newest plugin version (.36 i think). I am using it to drive two relay boards.

any help would be greatly appreciated.

Ian
    Plugins:
    BLLogMonitor, BLGarbage, BLBackup, BLOutGoingCalls, BLUps, BLRfid, JvEss, DooMotion, Applied Digital Ocelot, AC RF Processor, UltraMon, PJC AVR 430, UPB, Rain8net, DSC Panel, JRiver Media center, Windows Media Player, SageMediaCenter, SnevlCID, MCSTemperature.

Then i rebooted, and i'm getting this in my log:

Starting up....
    Startup Complete, no errors detected.

12/25/2014 10:50:23 PM ~!~Arduino Plugin~!~ Error = Exception in SendToComPort: A device attached to the system is not functioning.
    12/25/2014 11:52:20 PM ~!~Error~!~Calling SetIOMulti in plugin Arduino Plugin:Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

12/25/2014 11:52:20 PM ~!~Error~!~Calling HSEvent in plugin Arduino Plugin, Instance :Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
    12/25/2014 11:52:50 PM ~!~Error~!~Calling SetIOMulti in plugin Arduino Plugin:Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
    12/25/2014 11:53:20 PM ~!~Error~!~Calling SetIOMulti in plugin Arduino Plugin:Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
    12/25/2014 11:53:50 PM ~!~Error~!~Calling SetIOMulti in plugin Arduino Plugin:Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
    12/25/2014 11:54:20 PM ~!~Error~!~Calling SetIOMulti in plugin Arduino Plugin:Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
    Plugins:
    BLLogMonitor, BLGarbage, BLBackup, BLOutGoingCalls, BLUps, BLRfid, JvEss, DooMotion, Applied Digital Ocelot, AC RF Processor, UltraMon, PJC AVR 430, UPB, Rain8net, DSC Panel, JRiver Media center, Windows Media Player, SageMediaCenter, SnevlCID, MCSTemperature.

Comment

Hi,

Sorry you are having trouble. Can you tell me a little more.
      What version of HS are you on and did you upgrade for this to happen?
      do you ever get to the plugin config page?
      Did you delete any devices that belong to the plugin from the device management page and not the config page?

Greig.
      Zwave = Z-Stick, 3xHSM100� 7xACT ZDM230, 1xEverspring SM103, 2xACT HomePro ZRP210.
      X10 = CM12U, 2xAM12, 1xAW10, 1 x TM13U, 1xMS13, 2xHR10, 2xSS13
      Other Hardware = ADI Ocelot + secu16, Global Cache GC100, RFXtrx433, 3 x Foscams.
      Plugings = RFXcom, ActiveBackup, Applied Digital Ocelot, BLDeviceMatrix, BLGarbage, BLLAN, Current Cost, Global Cache GC100,HSTouch Android, HSTouch Server, HSTouch Server Unlimited, NetCAM, PowerTrigger, SageWebcamXP, SqueezeBox, X10 CM11A/CM12U.
      Scripts =
      Various

Comment

It's a fresh install of HS3 (3.0.0.96). Yes I can get to the plugin config page. No I haven't deleted any devices associated w/the plugin. One thing I did try just this morning: Swapping the USB cable and bypassing my USB hub, going directly to the PC onboard USB. I'll let you know if that changes anything.
        Plugins:

Comment

I tried replacing the USB cable as well as bypassing the hub (and I made sure the USB power management is turned off). I'm still getting the connection error consistently though. I'd love to purchase this plugin, but I'd also love to get this problem worked out!

Thanks,

Ian
          Plugins:

Comment

Hi Ian,

Can you send me a screenshot of the driver you are using. See below for the one I use.
            Attached Files
            Zwave = Z-Stick, 3xHSM100� 7xACT ZDM230, 1xEverspring SM103, 2xACT HomePro ZRP210.
            Other Hardware = ADI Ocelot + secu16, Global Cache GC100, RFXtrx433, 3 x Foscams.
            Plugings = RFXcom, ActiveBackup, Applied Digital Ocelot, BLDeviceMatrix, BLGarbage, BLLAN, Current Cost, Global Cache GC100,HSTouch Android, HSTouch Server, HSTouch Server Unlimited, NetCAM, PowerTrigger, SageWebcamXP, SqueezeBox, X10 CM11A/CM12U.
            Scripts =
            Various

Comment

here it is. thanks for the super quick response!
              Attached Files
              Plugins:

Comment

Ok this may be the problem.

Try the attached files that I used. In the main folder there is an old arduino drivers folder I extracted it and used the ones in there. You should try version 5.1.2600.0

Greig.
                Attached Files
                Scripts =
                Various

Comment

it won't let me install those drivers, it says the ones i have now are newer. I tried uninstalling/removing/deleting the existing drivers, and it just reinstalled them, before i could do the other ones.

Should i disconnect from the internet and install the older ones, so it doesn't go online and get them?

Ian
                  Plugins:

Comment

Originally posted by completelyhis View Post
                    it won't let me install those drivers, it says the ones i have now are newer. I tried uninstalling/removing/deleting the existing drivers, and it just reinstalled them, before i could do the other ones.

Should i disconnect from the internet and install the older ones, so it doesn't go online and get them?

Ian
                    Can you not force them?
                    I guess you have done it This way. If you go through this steps and get to the part where you browse for the file, click let me pick from a list of drivers on my computer, from there click Have Disk... and select the Arduino MEGA 2560 REV3.inf from inside the old Arduino drivers folder if thats what you have.

I hope this helps you.
                    Greig.
                    Scripts =
                    Various

Comment

Working...
                    X