Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Arduino can't use some pins

I'am using arduino uno with a ethernet module that uses pin 10-13 not 4

Why can't I choose pin 4, A0, 14, A1, TX, RX.
    Pin 15 is possible to choose but not A1

Originally posted by jonas.hellgren View Post
    I'am using arduino uno with a ethernet module that uses pin 10-13 not 4

Why can't I choose pin 4, A0, 14, A1, TX, RX.
    Pin 15 is possible to choose but not A1
    Please see Here

Greig.
    Zwave = Z-Stick, 3xHSM100� 7xACT ZDM230, 1xEverspring SM103, 2xACT HomePro ZRP210.
    X10 = CM12U, 2xAM12, 1xAW10, 1 x TM13U, 1xMS13, 2xHR10, 2xSS13
    Other Hardware = ADI Ocelot + secu16, Global Cache GC100, RFXtrx433, 3 x Foscams.
    Plugings = RFXcom, ActiveBackup, Applied Digital Ocelot, BLDeviceMatrix, BLGarbage, BLLAN, Current Cost, Global Cache GC100,HSTouch Android, HSTouch Server, HSTouch Server Unlimited, NetCAM, PowerTrigger, SageWebcamXP, SqueezeBox, X10 CM11A/CM12U.
    Scripts =
    Various

Comment

I do understand the problem, but my Ethernet module does not use pin 4, A0, A1. The uno does not have that many free pins with the Ethernet module connected.

Can I use pin 15 or do you plan do remove this in future versions.

Comment

I do understand the problem, but my Ethernet module does not use pin 4, A0, A1. The uno does not have that many free pins with the Ethernet module connected.

Can I use pin 15 or do you plan do remove this in future versions.
        I have had to limit the pins as when people use the standard version of the .ino and us the pins it causes problems in the Arduino. I have tried to cover as much as I can and make it as simple and easy to setup and this was added as lots of beta users had problems with this. I do not think it is something I will remove but I may have a think about if there is a way round this like adding and Advanced used check box or something like that.

Greig.
        Zwave = Z-Stick, 3xHSM100� 7xACT ZDM230, 1xEverspring SM103, 2xACT HomePro ZRP210.
        Other Hardware = ADI Ocelot + secu16, Global Cache GC100, RFXtrx433, 3 x Foscams.
        Plugings = RFXcom, ActiveBackup, Applied Digital Ocelot, BLDeviceMatrix, BLGarbage, BLLAN, Current Cost, Global Cache GC100,HSTouch Android, HSTouch Server, HSTouch Server Unlimited, NetCAM, PowerTrigger, SageWebcamXP, SqueezeBox, X10 CM11A/CM12U.
        Scripts =
        Various

Comment

It would be great to have a advanced check box that could enable more pins, of couse with some warning text.

Thanks,

Comment

It would be great to have a advanced check box that could enable more pins, of couse with some warning text.

Thanks,
            Drop me an email at the address at the top of the config page and when I have a build with this I will send it to you.

Greig.
            Scripts =
            Various

Comment

Hi Greig,

Some weeks/months ago I dropped the same thing A0 and A1 are just working for the ethernetboard, or with the shield.
              I understand you want to keep it as simple as straight forwards, but perhaps it is a still a good idea to have some more flexibility to enable some PINS.

Most of the time, I select the board for my needs, whitout restrictions :-)

Btw, since I used the version you described in the set-up (not the latest one from the net) the ethernet board works really great, only dropped once in all those months

Kind regards

Comment

Yep I have lots to add to the plugin and the list is getting longer with not enough time. Drop me an email to as I have a beta with this working now.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk
                Scripts =
                Various

Comment

I too would like to be able to use those pins since none of my Ethernet shields use them and i could use the extra I/O.

Comment

Pinout configeratins MEGA and UNO

Has anyone collected all the different pinouts for the MEGA and UNO using analog or digital with ethernet or USB for this plugin? I'm found the attached images to update my use of pins in the board configuration set up. Depending on certain set ups selecting a pin for digital in a usually analog pin on the board you must select a different pin in the drop down list to get that digital option and what not. I did it some time ago, but didn't keep track of why and now I find myself looking again for the information. Can a general rule be formulated here considering the attached images? I've got so many plans for this now I have to keep track of what I'm doing to trouble shoot in the future. Keep Notes for all the changes otherwise you are re engineering it all over again. This is the best thing since the "mechano building sets of the 80's" I've found my inner child again, lets play!
                    Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                    X