Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

API mode value display issue

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    API mode value display issue

    Even though the arduino returns a long for the API input, it does not always display in the device management screen.

    There appears to be some kind of limit on the value returned by the plugin in API input mode.

    If the arduino sends "581" to the plugin, it displays correctly in the device management screen.

    If the arduino sends "5810" to the plugin, it does not display at all in the device management screen.

    In either case, the device value is correct in my script using the "hs.DeviceValueByName" function call.

    Curiously, if I set the "update" field in the plugin screen to "string", the value is displayed correctly in either case.

    I am using the value change to trigger a script. If I use the "string" type, the value is not updated in the "hs.DeviceValueByName" which is correct. However I cannot choose an event trigger that tracks the Device string. So I have to use the value.
    My script is triggered correctly by the value change.

    So this posting is really a question about the limit when displaying the value in the device management screen. My personal scripting is working with no problems.

    #2
    Originally posted by jimbell View Post
    Even though the arduino returns a long for the API input, it does not always display in the device management screen.

    There appears to be some kind of limit on the value returned by the plugin in API input mode.

    If the arduino sends "581" to the plugin, it displays correctly in the device management screen.

    If the arduino sends "5810" to the plugin, it does not display at all in the device management screen.

    In either case, the device value is correct in my script using the "hs.DeviceValueByName" function call.

    Curiously, if I set the "update" field in the plugin screen to "string", the value is displayed correctly in either case.

    I am using the value change to trigger a script. If I use the "string" type, the value is not updated in the "hs.DeviceValueByName" which is correct. However I cannot choose an event trigger that tracks the Device string. So I have to use the value.
    My script is triggered correctly by the value change.

    So this posting is really a question about the limit when displaying the value in the device management screen. My personal scripting is working with no problems.
    Drop me an email if it is bothering you and I will send you a new build that has some changes that may fix this for you.

    Greig.
    Zwave = Z-Stick, 3xHSM100� 7xACT ZDM230, 1xEverspring SM103, 2xACT HomePro ZRP210.
    X10 = CM12U, 2xAM12, 1xAW10, 1 x TM13U, 1xMS13, 2xHR10, 2xSS13
    Other Hardware = ADI Ocelot + secu16, Global Cache GC100, RFXtrx433, 3 x Foscams.
    Plugings = RFXcom, ActiveBackup, Applied Digital Ocelot, BLDeviceMatrix, BLGarbage, BLLAN, Current Cost, Global Cache GC100,HSTouch Android, HSTouch Server, HSTouch Server Unlimited, NetCAM, PowerTrigger, SageWebcamXP, SqueezeBox, X10 CM11A/CM12U.
    Scripts =
    Various

    Comment

    Working...
    X