X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Blade View Post
    I appreciate the quick response
    No problems.
    If you have any more questions or get stuck give me a shout and I will help you out as best as I can.

Greig.
    Zwave = Z-Stick, 3xHSM100� 7xACT ZDM230, 1xEverspring SM103, 2xACT HomePro ZRP210.
    X10 = CM12U, 2xAM12, 1xAW10, 1 x TM13U, 1xMS13, 2xHR10, 2xSS13
    Other Hardware = ADI Ocelot + secu16, Global Cache GC100, RFXtrx433, 3 x Foscams.
    Plugings = RFXcom, ActiveBackup, Applied Digital Ocelot, BLDeviceMatrix, BLGarbage, BLLAN, Current Cost, Global Cache GC100,HSTouch Android, HSTouch Server, HSTouch Server Unlimited, NetCAM, PowerTrigger, SageWebcamXP, SqueezeBox, X10 CM11A/CM12U.
    Scripts =
    Various

Comment

What does everyone use to connect a wire to the Arduino board. Do you solder it?
      I would like to be able to plug them in and unplug them if needed
      Cheers,
      Bob
      Web site | Help Desk | Feature Requests | Message Board

Comment

Originally posted by Blade View Post
        What does everyone use to connect a wire to the Arduino board. Do you solder it?
        I would like to be able to plug them in and unplug them if needed
        The Arduino uses wire jumpers to connect to device like the relay and sensor boards but if you are just looking for a wire contact closure then I personally cut off one end of the wire jumper and solder the cable on to the end of it so that you can use the jumper pin in to the Arduino.
        There are male to male, Female to female and Male to Female jumpers available.
        There is a good explanation of them Here

Greig.
        Zwave = Z-Stick, 3xHSM100� 7xACT ZDM230, 1xEverspring SM103, 2xACT HomePro ZRP210.
        X10 = CM12U, 2xAM12, 1xAW10, 1 x TM13U, 1xMS13, 2xHR10, 2xSS13
        Other Hardware = ADI Ocelot + secu16, Global Cache GC100, RFXtrx433, 3 x Foscams.
        Plugings = RFXcom, ActiveBackup, Applied Digital Ocelot, BLDeviceMatrix, BLGarbage, BLLAN, Current Cost, Global Cache GC100,HSTouch Android, HSTouch Server, HSTouch Server Unlimited, NetCAM, PowerTrigger, SageWebcamXP, SqueezeBox, X10 CM11A/CM12U.
        Scripts =
        Various

Comment

Thanks. That helped
          Cheers,
          Bob

Comment

i use these and they are worth every penny (and they are only $15)
            Prototype Screw/Terminal Block Shield Board Kit For Arduino MEGA-2560 R3. D269UC

if you need any and don't want to wait a few weeks for them to come i have a few extra that i am not using yet

i use these for the relays and love them
            they are well made and you can invert them with a jumper
            12V 24V 8-Channel Relay Module with Optocoupler H/L Level Triger

http://www.ebay.com/itm/5V-9V-12V-24...XPnRQliugAH7jg

i have a pile of them as well if you need one quickly i would be glad to send one

Comment

I have been thinking about this again

What I would like to do is use this for motion and possibly controlling blinds but I need wireless since I do not have wires going to these locations

Can this be done or am I dreaming?
              Cheers,
              Bob

Comment

@blade

There is a new version of the Arduino called the nodeMCU. It has 9 digital pins and 1 analog. Runs on 3.3 volts. Has integrated wifi. I'm using it to create some multi sensor nodes (PIR motion, magnetic door/window, temp/humidity, and CO sensors). So far it is working out nicely. I am using the plugin and the devices update pretty quickly.

Just today I put one node into service primarily as a motion detector. It is replacing an Insteon wireless motion sensor. This location gets lots of traffic so the battery doesn't last that long. It controls lights in a mudroom which is our primary door. The new node gets power from a 6v wall wart going thru power regulators which give me 3.3v and 5v. I am seeing the nodeMCU/PIR motion HS3 device to be reacting noticeably faster than the Insteon unit. So far so good.

Comment

Sounds cool. I need a nice way to install the sensor for WAF. I am not sure if there are any enclosures for them. I have been watching a few videos on mysensors stuff and it looks pretty cool
                  Cheers,
                  Bob

Comment

I tried to get MySensors to work with HS3. No go and the author has pretty much gone dark. Now I'm using Greig's plugin.

As far as boxes, for testing, I just looked around the shop and found a little plastic box that some harbor freight stuff came in. It is 3.5" x 5.5" x 1.5" and it seems plenty big enough. I'll be putting 4 different sensors in it. I also went to Home Depot and looked in their electrical department and found several options there but a little bit costly. Sometime in the next week or so I hope to get by the Container Store and see what they have. Online I saw a few possibilities. I've found myself looking at how things are packaged when I'm in stores now. Never know when you will run up on a package that will work.

Comment

Working...
                    X