Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

WiFi

Hi,

After some 'messing around' I got my Mega 2560 with added Ethernet shield up and running.
    I'm now wondering if I could swap the wired shield for a WiFi one.

Has anybody managed this?

Cheers

Comment

Originally posted by IanIreland View Post
      Hi,

After some 'messing around' I got my Mega 2560 with added Ethernet shield up and running.

Cheers
      I have not tried a WiFi shield. Somewhere in the very long original thread I recall someone having tried and failed. I think the WiFi shield uses a slightly different library that is not currently supported by the plug-in.
      HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.0 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

Originally posted by IanIreland View Post
        Hi,

Cheers
        This is possible but you need to modify the Sketch. I have the code to do this and I am looking to add it to the plugin but this is not a 5min change. I am also looking at other wireless solutions. I have ordered a Wifi shield but who knows when I will get it or get the time.

Greig.
        Zwave = Z-Stick, 3xHSM100� 7xACT ZDM230, 1xEverspring SM103, 2xACT HomePro ZRP210.
        X10 = CM12U, 2xAM12, 1xAW10, 1 x TM13U, 1xMS13, 2xHR10, 2xSS13
        Other Hardware = ADI Ocelot + secu16, Global Cache GC100, RFXtrx433, 3 x Foscams.
        Plugings = RFXcom, ActiveBackup, Applied Digital Ocelot, BLDeviceMatrix, BLGarbage, BLLAN, Current Cost, Global Cache GC100,HSTouch Android, HSTouch Server, HSTouch Server Unlimited, NetCAM, PowerTrigger, SageWebcamXP, SqueezeBox, X10 CM11A/CM12U.
        Scripts =
        Various

Comment

Hello Greig. Thank you for your very useful plugin.
          I installed the final release on my computer, with Windows 7 and HS3, and all worked as expected.
          Then I tried to update the plugin to the newest Beta release and all hell went loose.
          Nothing would work. I spent all night trying to make it work without success.
          I tried just about everything, from uploading the sketch from a different computer, to trying to revert to the previous version, etc.
          Today I went back at it and when looking at the plugin setup page, I notice that it mentions that the "Available Sketch Version = V1.0.0.84".
          Looking at the ino file, I can see also that the version reported is in fact 1.00.0.85, even though the Beta plugin has version 1.0.0.95. So I changed the version in the ino file to
          Code:
          char* Version = "1.0.0.95";
          and finally I got my relay board to respond to the ON OFF commands.
          Not sure if changing the version number on the ino had anything to do with it.
          Now I'm trying to setup a ip board but the problem still persists. It says "Connection Failed" and it doesn't matter which version is on the ino file...

I only have 6 more days of evaluation left. Please help.
          Thank you
          Last edited by luisr320; August 25, 2015, 06:25 AM.

Comment

Some more developments:

Still trying to make my ip board get connected.

I'm attaching a log.

When I first power up the board, with only the UTP cable connected and powered by a good battery, I get the connected check mark on the devices page. But with it still showing connected, if I turn a relay on or off, even though the icon changes from on to off, the relay itself, does nothing.

If I click on disconnect, I can never connect again until I power the board down and up again.
            Attached Files

Comment

Never mind!

I was using arduino.org 1.7.6 ide. Switching to arduino.cc 1.6.5r2 ide, all is well now

Comment

Originally posted by luisr320 View Post
                Never mind!

I was using arduino.org 1.7.6 ide. Switching to arduino.cc 1.6.5r2 ide, all is well now
                Great news. I am glad you got it going. I didn't know that 1.7.6 was out. I may need to look at making it compatible.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk
                Zwave = Z-Stick, 3xHSM100� 7xACT ZDM230, 1xEverspring SM103, 2xACT HomePro ZRP210.
                X10 = CM12U, 2xAM12, 1xAW10, 1 x TM13U, 1xMS13, 2xHR10, 2xSS13
                Other Hardware = ADI Ocelot + secu16, Global Cache GC100, RFXtrx433, 3 x Foscams.
                Plugings = RFXcom, ActiveBackup, Applied Digital Ocelot, BLDeviceMatrix, BLGarbage, BLLAN, Current Cost, Global Cache GC100,HSTouch Android, HSTouch Server, HSTouch Server Unlimited, NetCAM, PowerTrigger, SageWebcamXP, SqueezeBox, X10 CM11A/CM12U.
                Scripts =
                Various

Comment

Originally posted by enigmatheatre View Post
                  Great news. I am glad you got it going. I didn't know that 1.7.6 was out. I may need to look at making it compatible.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk
                  Seems like they release a new build almost weekly. It is hard to keep up with.

Comment

Don't forget that there are now two competing Arduino organizations. The "real" one is at https://www.arduino.cc/en/Main/Software and is version 1.6.5. The breakaway Arduino is at http://www.arduino.org/downloads and at version 1.7.6. Based on what I have been reading, I will only use the arduino.cc one.

Cheers
                    Al
                    HS 4.2.8.0: 2134 Devices 1252 Events
                    Z-Wave 3.0.10.0: 133 Nodes on one Z-Net

Comment

Originally posted by sparkman View Post
                      Don't forget that there are now two competing Arduino organizations. The "real" one is at https://www.arduino.cc/en/Main/Software and is version 1.6.5. The breakaway Arduino is at http://www.arduino.org/downloads and at version 1.7.6. Based on what I have been reading, I will only use the arduino.cc one.

Cheers
                      Al
                      I totally agree with you. I'm also an arduino.cc guy. However, in order to solve my problem, I tried everything. Even the arduino.org.

The fact is that I still have no idea what was the problem, since I managed to make 1 board work with the .org setup.

Anyway, is the reported version of the sketch on the plugin setup page correct, in the Beta version?

Comment

Originally posted by luisr320 View Post
                        I totally agree with you. I'm also an arduino.cc guy. However, in order to solve my problem, I tried everything. Even the arduino.org.

The fact is that I still have no idea what was the problem, since I managed to make 1 board work with the .org setup.

Anyway, is the reported version of the sketch on the plugin setup page correct, in the Beta version?
                        The version shown at the top of the sketch is not always the same as the plug-in. I am currently running 1.0.0.95 of the plug-in, but the sketches are still 1.0.0.84. Greig does not change the version shown in the sketch until the sketch is changed.

If you are running the release version 1.0.0.36 I recall the sketch matching. I personally would recommend using the beta in the plug-in manager which is 1.0.0.95 along with the 1.6.4 IDE from arduino.cc - a combination I know works fine. There are so many improvements in this beta, it will likely be the release version soon.

If you are having trouble using that plugin, the sketches it generates and that IDE to compile and upload, we should be able to help you through any problems.

Comment

Thank you for your reply.
                          Now everything is working just fine.
                          But it was a real struggle to make the transition from the 1.0.0.36 to the beta 1.0.0.95.

Comment

Working...
                          X