Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Arduino Plugin For Linux (Beta)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Thanks for the link. That fixed it!!!

    Comment


    • #17
      Connection Dropping

      I will try to give you guys as much info as possible. This is a new Linux install, I have a windows based HS3 working using the Arduino plug-in with 2 boards - working with no issues.

      The Linux server, is running Ubuntu 14 - I think. Mono is installed, Certificates updated, and Linux Beta Plug-in installed. Now to the issue:

      I have tried 2 different Mega Boards - 2 Different Ethernet Shields - One is a clone the other is a genuine Arduino.

      I downgraded to the recommended Arduino software - Libraries installed via the plug-in link.

      I can connect to either board for about 30 to 60 seconds, Then I loose connections. I am only attempting to use 1 board at a time, both are loaded with the sketch (board 1).

      I have also isolated both the server and the board to one network - stand alone router, no other devices on this network except my PC when testing.

      Anyone have any steps to take to resolve this. I have reviewed other threads but there seems to be no real cause of this issue.

      Thanks,

      Mike

      Comment


      • #18
        Originally posted by mlconti View Post
        I will try to give you guys as much info as possible. This is a new Linux install, I have a windows based HS3 working using the Arduino plug-in with 2 boards - working with no issues.

        The Linux server, is running Ubuntu 14 - I think. Mono is installed, Certificates updated, and Linux Beta Plug-in installed. Now to the issue:

        I have tried 2 different Mega Boards - 2 Different Ethernet Shields - One is a clone the other is a genuine Arduino.

        I downgraded to the recommended Arduino software - Libraries installed via the plug-in link.

        I can connect to either board for about 30 to 60 seconds, Then I loose connections. I am only attempting to use 1 board at a time, both are loaded with the sketch (board 1).

        I have also isolated both the server and the board to one network - stand alone router, no other devices on this network except my PC when testing.

        Anyone have any steps to take to resolve this. I have reviewed other threads but there seems to be no real cause of this issue.

        Thanks,

        Mike
        Mike,

        I had a quick look at your log and I think the problem is the number of analogue inputs. Are they all connected to something ore are they floating. Can you remove all the Inputs and outputs and see if the board stays connected then add them one at a time to see if this is the problem.
        You do know you can add them on the fly in the plugin and you do not need to upload the sketch to add or remove a pin.

        Greig.
        Zwave = Z-Stick, 3xHSM100 7xACT ZDM230, 1xEverspring SM103, 2xACT HomePro ZRP210.
        X10 = CM12U, 2xAM12, 1xAW10, 1 x TM13U, 1xMS13, 2xHR10, 2xSS13
        Other Hardware = ADI Ocelot + secu16, Global Cache GC100, RFXtrx433, 3 x Foscams.
        Plugings = RFXcom, ActiveBackup, Applied Digital Ocelot, BLDeviceMatrix, BLGarbage, BLLAN, Current Cost, Global Cache GC100,HSTouch Android, HSTouch Server, HSTouch Server Unlimited, NetCAM, PowerTrigger, SageWebcamXP, SqueezeBox, X10 CM11A/CM12U.
        Scripts =
        Various

        Comment


        • #19
          Originally posted by enigmatheatre View Post
          Mike,

          I had a quick look at your log and I think the problem is the number of analogue inputs. Are they all connected to something ore are they floating. Can you remove all the Inputs and outputs and see if the board stays connected then add them one at a time to see if this is the problem.
          You do know you can add them on the fly in the plugin and you do not need to upload the sketch to add or remove a pin.

          Greig.
          You were correct. It was the analog inputs. Once I removed them the issue appears to be resolved. Since I was bench testing, I did not realize the floating analog inputs would create an issue. I also did not know that I could add or remove pins "on the fly" This is good info to know. Thanks for the fast response and for such a wonderful plug-in!!!!

          Regards,

          Mike

          Comment


          • #20
            USB in the works?

            Hi Greig,

            I'm just starting to build a PI Linux install of HS3 and am planning to use a Mega Arduino for Analogue inputs.

            I thought I had read up enough before purchasing bits... but I'm now just cluing in that Ethernet would be the only supported method of connection.

            Curious if you're planning to eventually have USB connectivity supported?

            Also, I had also just ordered the YUN Shield, but I'm gathering this will probably not work either?

            thanks!
            Dave

            Comment


            • #21
              Originally posted by dhalsall View Post
              Hi Greig,

              I'm just starting to build a PI Linux install of HS3 and am planning to use a Mega Arduino for Analogue inputs.

              I thought I had read up enough before purchasing bits... but I'm now just cluing in that Ethernet would be the only supported method of connection.

              Curious if you're planning to eventually have USB connectivity supported?

              Also, I had also just ordered the YUN Shield, but I'm gathering this will probably not work either?

              thanks!
              Dave
              Hi Dave,

              Sorry to hear you want to use usb but I did attempt to get this going when I first ported the plugin to Linux but there are to many limitations to make this work reliably and it would involve people manually changing files depending on there set-up. I also found the ports change on every restart so this is a big problem.
              The Yun is not a standard Arduino board that will not run on the standard library's so again would take so much to change just to get one other board in there plugin that it is not worth the time and as I hope you can understand I can not support everything.

              Greig.
              Zwave = Z-Stick, 3xHSM100 7xACT ZDM230, 1xEverspring SM103, 2xACT HomePro ZRP210.
              X10 = CM12U, 2xAM12, 1xAW10, 1 x TM13U, 1xMS13, 2xHR10, 2xSS13
              Other Hardware = ADI Ocelot + secu16, Global Cache GC100, RFXtrx433, 3 x Foscams.
              Plugings = RFXcom, ActiveBackup, Applied Digital Ocelot, BLDeviceMatrix, BLGarbage, BLLAN, Current Cost, Global Cache GC100,HSTouch Android, HSTouch Server, HSTouch Server Unlimited, NetCAM, PowerTrigger, SageWebcamXP, SqueezeBox, X10 CM11A/CM12U.
              Scripts =
              Various

              Comment


              • #22
                Originally posted by enigmatheatre View Post
                Hi Dave,

                Sorry to hear you want to use usb but I did attempt to get this going when I first ported the plugin to Linux but there are to many limitations to make this work reliably and it would involve people manually changing files depending on there set-up. I also found the ports change on every restart so this is a big problem.
                The Yun is not a standard Arduino board that will not run on the standard library's so again would take so much to change just to get one other board in there plugin that it is not worth the time and as I hope you can understand I can not support everything.

                Greig.
                Absolutely, I totally understand.

                Thanks for the quick reply Greig, have a great day!

                Dave

                Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

                Comment


                • #23
                  Hello again...

                  I ended up purchasing a W5100 ethernet shield (Itead).

                  Starting playing with the plugin - and for the life of me, I couldn't get this to work.

                  After burning a couple of nights on this, I just discovered the issue and thought I should post here in case there's other poor sods like me poking away at such silliness....

                  It turns out, this shield I purchased from Robotshop.com is V1.0, and won't work directly with a Mega2650. (Even though there is no notice of this on their site, or really anywhere clearly). Also, FYI; V1.1 has one ICSP socket added, which will be compatible with more boards.

                  Jumpers are required to mod this to operate on the Mega... clue found in the Wiki for this particular sheild:

                  Iteaduino communicates with both the W5100 and SD card using the SPI bus. This is on digital pins 11, 12, and 13 on the UNO/Duemilanove and pins 50, 51, and 52 on the Mega. On both boards, pin 10 is used to select the W5100 and pin 4 for the SD card. These pins cannot be used for general I/O. On the Mega, the hardware SS pin, 53, is not used to select either the W5100 or the SD card, but it must be kept as an output.

                  Note that because the W5100 and SD card share the SPI bus, only one can be active at a time. If you are using both peripherals in your program, this should be taken care of by the corresponding libraries. If you're not using one of the peripherals in your program, however, you'll need to explicitly deselect it. To do this with the SD card, set pin 4 as an output and write a high to it. For the W5100, set digital pin 10 as a high output.
                  So, my next question is... assuming someone else has this combination... do I need to worry about setting Digital pin 4 to an output and writing it high to avoid the SD card reader from causing issues on the SPI bus?

                  I have now successfully got the plugin to see the board and have one Analogue sensor sending successful values.

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    Pins 10 - 13 missing

                    I'm trialing the plugin. It looks very powerful. It's connecting well after having installed an ethernet shield and downloaded the sketch.
                    Pins 10-13 are not selectable from the config screen. Is there any reason for this?
                    Last edited by chimera; May 30th, 2016, 08:31 PM.

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      Originally posted by chimera View Post
                      I'm trialing the plugin. I looks very powerful. It's connecting well after having installed an ethernet shield and downloaded the sketch.
                      Pins 10-13 are not selectable from the config screen. Is there any reason for this?
                      They're used to communicate with the Ethernet shield (assuming this is not a mega).

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        Yes I'm using the Uno. Thanks for that.

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          Does the latest beta work with NodeMCU over wifi on Linux?

                          Comment


                          • #28
                            Originally posted by ZoRaC View Post
                            Does the latest beta work with NodeMCU over wifi on Linux?
                            Yes this should work on Linux. I have not personally tested it but I see no reson for it not to.

                            Greig.

                            Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk
                            Zwave = Z-Stick, 3xHSM100 7xACT ZDM230, 1xEverspring SM103, 2xACT HomePro ZRP210.
                            X10 = CM12U, 2xAM12, 1xAW10, 1 x TM13U, 1xMS13, 2xHR10, 2xSS13
                            Other Hardware = ADI Ocelot + secu16, Global Cache GC100, RFXtrx433, 3 x Foscams.
                            Plugings = RFXcom, ActiveBackup, Applied Digital Ocelot, BLDeviceMatrix, BLGarbage, BLLAN, Current Cost, Global Cache GC100,HSTouch Android, HSTouch Server, HSTouch Server Unlimited, NetCAM, PowerTrigger, SageWebcamXP, SqueezeBox, X10 CM11A/CM12U.
                            Scripts =
                            Various

                            Comment


                            • #29
                              Ardunio Compile and Upload Problems

                              Hello,
                              I am running a Raspberry Pi (Jessie Rasbian) with HomeSeer 368 (Linux). I have downloaded the Linux Arduino plugin (147), with the associated libraries and Sketch. I am using the Arduino utility 1.8.1 (although all the same stuff happens with 1.8.5). All I am trying to do is to use the plugin (not API), to configure an output pin to turn a lead on and off.
                              When compiling and verifying the sketch I get this, see attached "arduino-problems.txt" file. So fine, they are warnings. I go to upload the sketch to the Arduino Uno, it takes forever to get done uploading, then I find out it never really uploaded. I get "Version mismatch" errors because version 1.0.0.127 is loaded, and it is expecting 1.0.0.147. I know that the cause of this is due to I had the Arduino Uno connected and programmed to my Windows HS3 machine (version 127 sketch), and had it all working fine over the network. If anyone can shed some light on this I would appreciate it. I seem to be going backwards trying to get this plugin to work.
                              Thanks,
                              David
                              Attached Files

                              Comment


                              • #30
                                Did you transfer your setup or are you starting from scratch?
                                Did you download the sketch from the plugin page on your Linux system and not use the old one?

                                Greig.

                                Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
                                Zwave = Z-Stick, 3xHSM100 7xACT ZDM230, 1xEverspring SM103, 2xACT HomePro ZRP210.
                                X10 = CM12U, 2xAM12, 1xAW10, 1 x TM13U, 1xMS13, 2xHR10, 2xSS13
                                Other Hardware = ADI Ocelot + secu16, Global Cache GC100, RFXtrx433, 3 x Foscams.
                                Plugings = RFXcom, ActiveBackup, Applied Digital Ocelot, BLDeviceMatrix, BLGarbage, BLLAN, Current Cost, Global Cache GC100,HSTouch Android, HSTouch Server, HSTouch Server Unlimited, NetCAM, PowerTrigger, SageWebcamXP, SqueezeBox, X10 CM11A/CM12U.
                                Scripts =
                                Various

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X