X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Version mismatch

Hi All,
    Could really do with some help here.

My Arduino plugin and 2 mega board using the homeseer.ino have been running really great but have now decided to play up.
    I think this has come about from a database reload although not completely sure.
    The boards keep disconnecting and say that the firmware needs upgrading,
    this I have tried to do and it says there are errors in the sketch when I try to upload it, something to do with LCD, sorry not more specific.
    I may not actually be doing this right, not to sure as I am no wizard with this.
    I have upgraded to the latest BETA which does the same so really no idea what to do next.
    I rely on this plugin and boards to turn lights on and off with door closure.
    STOPS MY 86 old mother trying to creep about in the dark so pretty critical.

Any help appreciated.

Peter

Originally posted by Pervez2602 View Post
    Hi All,
    Could really do with some help here.

My Arduino plugin and 2 mega board using the homeseer.ino have been running really great but have now decided to play up.
    I think this has come about from a database reload although not completely sure.
    The boards keep disconnecting and say that the firmware needs upgrading,
    this I have tried to do and it says there are errors in the sketch when I try to upload it, something to do with LCD, sorry not more specific.
    I may not actually be doing this right, not to sure as I am no wizard with this.
    I have upgraded to the latest BETA which does the same so really no idea what to do next.
    I rely on this plugin and boards to turn lights on and off with door closure.
    STOPS MY 86 old mother trying to creep about in the dark so pretty critical.

Any help appreciated.

Peter
    Hi Peter,

If you have updated to the new Beta version then you will need to download the new Arduino IDE V1.6.4 as the plugin has been updated to work with this. You will also need to update the Library's from the plugin config page once you have downloaded it.
    You then need to update the boards firmware as you did before. This is the reason for the version miss match.
    If you do not get this working or need more help then please post screen shots of the errors and also a debug log so that I can track down what is wrong.

Greig.
    Zwave = Z-Stick, 3xHSM100� 7xACT ZDM230, 1xEverspring SM103, 2xACT HomePro ZRP210.
    X10 = CM12U, 2xAM12, 1xAW10, 1 x TM13U, 1xMS13, 2xHR10, 2xSS13
    Other Hardware = ADI Ocelot + secu16, Global Cache GC100, RFXtrx433, 3 x Foscams.
    Plugings = RFXcom, ActiveBackup, Applied Digital Ocelot, BLDeviceMatrix, BLGarbage, BLLAN, Current Cost, Global Cache GC100,HSTouch Android, HSTouch Server, HSTouch Server Unlimited, NetCAM, PowerTrigger, SageWebcamXP, SqueezeBox, X10 CM11A/CM12U.
    Scripts =
    Various

Comment

Wow

Hi Greig,

Thanks for the really prompt reply, didn't even get time to have a cup of tea!
      Will give it a go, hopefully I can manage this, a little self confidence goes a long way.
      Keep you posted.

Peter

Comment

Hi Greig,

Thanks for the really prompt reply, didn't even get time to have a cup of tea!
        Will give it a go, hopefully I can manage this, a little self confidence goes a long way.
        Keep you posted.

Peter
        It works fine, I just went through it a week or so ago. Just be sure and do it in order like Greig said:
        1. While not required, I would uninstall your current Arduino IDE before updating to the newest IDE. That will delete all old libraries and the entire Arduino IDE directory. Then get the new one from this page, you want ARDUINO 1.6.4, pick your installer type and O/S version.
        2. Download the libraries from the plug-in configuration page and add them to the libraries that came with the new IDE. There are now only 3 and you do not need to overwrite any of the existing.
        3. Download the new sketches for your boards from the configuration page.
        4. Start the new IDE and upload your new sketches to each appropriate board. It is easiest to have only one connected at a time so that you don't confuse com ports.
        You do not need to change any of your settings and all of your devices will remain unchanged.
        HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.0 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

Sorted

Thanks Greig,

Pretty impressive, less than 1 hour to fix.
          Did screw up with the libaries some where along the way seemed to have put onewire lcd etc into a sub folder but a copy and paste sorted that. Did I just do it wrong in the first place?

The milk man will be able to see in the morning when he puts the milk in the porch.

Brilliant.

Thanks once again.

EDIT

Randy thanks also for the post, did follow Greig instructions as I am not a wizard at all with Arduino.
          My 2 board have performed flawlessly for ages. Rock solid and a brilliant plugin. Never quite got brave enough to have a go with the network version and have had a Mega and network card for over a year sitting about. One day maybe when I need more inputs, think I have about 3 left.

Thanks both.

Keep up the good work .

Peter

Peter
          Last edited by Pervez2602; June 7, 2015, 01:47 PM. Reason: Randy post

Comment

Randy thanks also for the post, did follow Greig instructions as I am not a wizard at all with Arduino.
            My 2 board have performed flawlessly for ages. Rock solid and a brilliant plugin. Never quite got brave enough to have a go with the network version and have had a Mega and network card for over a year sitting about. One day maybe when I need more inputs, think I have about 3 left.

Thanks both.

Keep up the good work .

Peter

Peter
            I have three Megas, all connected by Ethernet. 2 are used fully in production and the third is in my workshop for experimenting. They have been stone reliable in terms of maintaining their connection. I have events that trigger if they become anything other than connected and none of the events have triggered since last year.
            HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.0 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

Thanks Greig,

Pretty impressive, less than 1 hour to fix.
              Did screw up with the libaries some where along the way seemed to have put onewire lcd etc into a sub folder but a copy and paste sorted that. Did I just do it wrong in the first place?

The milk man will be able to see in the morning when he puts the milk in the porch.

Brilliant.

Thanks once again.

Peter
              Know problems good to know you are back in business.
              If you are feeling adventures and want to go Ethernet and want to know more then just ask myself or Randy and I am sure we will help you out.

Greig.
              Zwave = Z-Stick, 3xHSM100� 7xACT ZDM230, 1xEverspring SM103, 2xACT HomePro ZRP210.
              Other Hardware = ADI Ocelot + secu16, Global Cache GC100, RFXtrx433, 3 x Foscams.
              Plugings = RFXcom, ActiveBackup, Applied Digital Ocelot, BLDeviceMatrix, BLGarbage, BLLAN, Current Cost, Global Cache GC100,HSTouch Android, HSTouch Server, HSTouch Server Unlimited, NetCAM, PowerTrigger, SageWebcamXP, SqueezeBox, X10 CM11A/CM12U.
              Scripts =
              Various

Comment

Arduino boards can't conect.

Hi All,
                Well everything was fine until I restarted the server, now boths boards refuse to connect.

Log entry

Jun-08 14:53:35 Arduino Plugin Warning = Com Port No:5 is not open. Jun-08 14:53:32 Arduino Plugin Warning = Unable to connect Board No:1. Com Port No:5 does not Exist Jun-08 14:53:32 Arduino Plugin Connecting Board No 1 to be reset. Jun-08 14:53:31 Arduino Plugin Resetting Board No 1
                I have tried restarting HS, shutdown HS and the server restarting, disable, enable com 5 & com 6. Uninstall Reinstall the com ports, update the drivers. Change physical USB port for the boards.
                Can't think of any thing else to try. Although I must admit I have not tried to reset the boards with the onboard button as this is major dismantling to get to the boards. Also have not tried un istalling and rebooting without the boards connected.
                This is what happened occasionally before I upgraded but was always able to reconnect using the reset button on the device management page even though I got the same bit in the log about the com ports.

As always any help much appreciated.

Peter.

Comment

Hi All,
                  Well everything was fine until I restarted the server, now boths boards refuse to connect.

Log entry

Jun-08 14:53:35 Arduino Plugin Warning = Com Port No:5 is not open. Jun-08 14:53:32 Arduino Plugin Warning = Unable to connect Board No:1. Com Port No:5 does not Exist Jun-08 14:53:32 Arduino Plugin Connecting Board No 1 to be reset. Jun-08 14:53:31 Arduino Plugin Resetting Board No 1
                  I have tried restarting HS, shutdown HS and the server restarting, disable, enable com 5 & com 6. Uninstall Reinstall the com ports, update the drivers. Change physical USB port for the boards.
                  Can't think of any thing else to try. Although I must admit I have not tried to reset the boards with the onboard button as this is major dismantling to get to the boards. Also have not tried un istalling and rebooting without the boards connected.
                  This is what happened occasionally before I upgraded but was always able to reconnect using the reset button on the device management page even though I got the same bit in the log about the com ports.

As always any help much appreciated.

Peter.
                  Peter,

This is strange as the plugin should disconnect properly from the boards when Homeseer shuts down. Have you removed all power to the boards as this is the same as pressing the reset button.

Greig.
                  Scripts =
                  Various

Comment

New log message when trying to reset - Fixed

Hi Greig,

I have not tried removing the power from the boards, will give it a try.

In the meantime I see this in the log lots of times when I try to reset the boards.

Jun-08 15:59:45 Arduino Plugin Error = Exception in DataReceivedHandler : The operation has timed out.
                    Jun-08 15:59:45 Arduino Plugin Error = Exception in DataReceivedHandler : The operation has timed out.

The boards are now showing "Connection FAILED" in the Dev Man page after trying to Reset them.

Will post after I try disconnecting the boards.

Peter

EDIT

Disconnected the boards.
                    Had to do some jiggery pokery with the com ports.
                    Learnt a bit more about setting up the boards.
                    Now connecting on server restart.

Thanks once again.

Peter

Comment

Working...
                    X