Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Event Error, Arduino Plugin

HI,
    I am using the Arduino Plugin, V1.0.0.36, and I keep getting the error below in my log. I am using the Arduino MEGA, as well as an Ethernet shield to connect. I am running on external 5VDC power, to the power plug of the Arduino. I am driving a 5VDC 8 Relay board, and everything seems to be working OK, except this error?

Calling HSEvent in plugin Arduino Plugin, Instance :Conversion from string "Downstairs" to type 'Integer' is not valid.

Note: I have seen this error with "Upstairs" instead of "Downstairs"

I do have a "Downstairs" Insteon thermostat, as well as an "Upstairs" Insteon thermostat.

Any idea what I can do to fix this?

Michael

EDIT: the error seems to happen when the thermostat is calling for action:

Jun-20 3:52:53 PM Insteon Thermostat Downstairs HVAC switching from Off to Cool
    Jun-20 3:52:53 PM Insteon Thermostat Downstairs calling for COOL
    Jun-20 3:52:53 PM Error Calling HSEvent in plugin Arduino Plugin, Instance :Conversion from string "Downstairs" to type 'Integer' is not valid.

I have had the Insteon Thermostat for a few years, this problem only started when the Arduino Plugin was installed.
    Last edited by swanie2000; June 20, 2015, 05:46 PM.

Nearly 200 people looking at this , but nobody has a clue how to solve it?

Comment

Originally posted by swanie2000 View Post
      I'm not sure what is causing it, but I have some suggestions. It would seem there is something crossing over between the two plugins. I would check to see if there isn't a shared reference ID between one of the Arduino devices and the Insteon thermostats (unlikely). If you hover over the device name, you can see the reference ID at the bottom of your browser window.

I don't know how many pins you have on your Arduino configuration, but can you remove them one at a time to see if the problem stops? What kind and how many pins do you have configured?

Contact Greig directly - his email is on the next to last page of the documentation. If you can predict when this might happen, try to enable debug logging on the Arduino plug-in, cause the error, then attach the debug file to the email you send him.
      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by swanie2000 View Post
        Sorry I missed the first post. Yes this is a bug in the plugin that will just show the error in the log and is not worth worrying about but if you want to if you install the beta version it is fixed in there.

Greig.
        Zwave = Z-Stick, 3xHSM100� 7xACT ZDM230, 1xEverspring SM103, 2xACT HomePro ZRP210.
        X10 = CM12U, 2xAM12, 1xAW10, 1 x TM13U, 1xMS13, 2xHR10, 2xSS13
        Other Hardware = ADI Ocelot + secu16, Global Cache GC100, RFXtrx433, 3 x Foscams.
        Plugings = RFXcom, ActiveBackup, Applied Digital Ocelot, BLDeviceMatrix, BLGarbage, BLLAN, Current Cost, Global Cache GC100,HSTouch Android, HSTouch Server, HSTouch Server Unlimited, NetCAM, PowerTrigger, SageWebcamXP, SqueezeBox, X10 CM11A/CM12U.
        Scripts =
        Various

Comment

Thanks for your answers!
          I have been just ignoring it, as I have tons of other things I can work on. And I agree, it doesn't appear to be hurting anything else. I will have a look at the BETA.
          I finally got my Arduino Pool controller (mostly) installed. and it seems to be working well with the plugin. I am using 8 outputs to drive an 8 relay board, and 6 digital inputs. Also using one pin for a ONEWIRE input with 4 temp sensors on it.
          That is about all I need from the pool controller, however I am a little concerned about the 130+ degrees inside the pool controller box, where the Arduino is mounted. I am not sure how hot the Arduino can safely be?

Great Job on the plug-in by the way! I stumbled across the plugin and the Arduino on my quest to build the pool controller. Without the plugin, I would have been lost. Now I am looking for even better things I can do, but will need to buy more Arduino boards!

There is just no end to this hobby!

Comment

Working...
          X