Emergency Water Shutoff, with 12V motor controlled valve

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TomTom View Post
    Thanks for catching that. Where did you get your Mega and Ethernet Shield from. And which Ethernet shield are you using?
    Is it this ?
    I found a US vendor on eBay that had the Mega 2560 boards last year. Seems like they were around $25 shipped from a US seller. Amazon has them for $45 shipped (with Prime). My POE Ethernet shields came from Amazon last year. They listed a 2-pack of r2 versions for $34.95 and I snapped up the two sets that were left. They are currently running $50-55, but I have seen them as low as $45. You just have to hunt.

One additional word on the clones, some of them are OK, especially with the boards. The problem I had with a couple of the boards was hung inputs. I tried all sorts of noise suppression, stronger pull-ups, etc. and still ended up with a hung input from time to time. That ended when I went to genuine boards.

The Ethernet shields were more likely to be intermittent connections or dead. I bought 6 of them - 3 each from two different Chinese vendors and only 1 of them worked reliability.

YMMV, but my results were too consistent to be circumstantial.

Comment

Working...
    X