X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mega PWM pins

Hello,

Love your plugin!!!!!

I was assigining the PWM pins on the Arduino Mega and I noticed that there are no pins that can be selected between 10-14. I was wondering if there is a way to enable these pins especially the additional PWM that are avaialble on Mega boards ;10,11,12,13.

This also applies to some of the Digital i/o pins. Is enabling addiitonal pins a possibbility?

Regards
    Mark

Originally posted by marekd1 View Post
    Hello,

Love your plugin!!!!!

I was assigining the PWM pins on the Arduino Mega and I noticed that there are no pins that can be selected between 10-14. I was wondering if there is a way to enable these pins especially the additional PWM that are avaialble on Mega boards ;10,11,12,13.

This also applies to some of the Digital i/o pins. Is enabling addiitonal pins a possibbility?

Regards
    Mark
    From the notes in the guide:

Notes:
    Ethernet Note:
    Arduino communicates with both the W5100 and SD card using the SPI bus (through the ICSP header).
    This is on D11, D12, and D13 on "classic" format Arduino models such as the Duemilanove, and pins D50,
    D51, and D52 on the Arduino Mega.
    D10 is used to select the W5100 and cannot be used for general I/O.
    D4 is used for the SD card and can only be used for general I/O if the SD slot is not occupied.D2 is used if
    a solder bridge is placed across the "INT" pads to connect it to the W5100's INT pin.

For that reason Greig has disabled the pins in the plug-in. He wrote at one time of thinking about making them available for those who do not use Ethernet or might be using a Mega, but as far as I know he has not made that change.
    HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.0 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

Originally posted by rprade View Post
      From the notes in the guide:

Notes:
      Ethernet Note:
      Arduino communicates with both the W5100 and SD card using the SPI bus (through the ICSP header).
      This is on D11, D12, and D13 on "classic" format Arduino models such as the Duemilanove, and pins D50,
      D51, and D52 on the Arduino Mega.
      D10 is used to select the W5100 and cannot be used for general I/O.
      D4 is used for the SD card and can only be used for general I/O if the SD slot is not occupied.D2 is used if
      a solder bridge is placed across the "INT" pads to connect it to the W5100's INT pin.

For that reason Greig has disabled the pins in the plug-in. He wrote at one time of thinking about making them available for those who do not use Ethernet or might be using a Mega, but as far as I know he has not made that change.
      Got it thank you.

One more question perhaps you could answer that I am struggling with.

I would like to connect the Arduino Nano over the serial port to the HS3. How would I do that, I am waiting for the RS232 board for the Nano and hoping that once I use the serial pins on the Nano it will work. I ma also assuming that COM port definition in HS2 plugin referes to the comport over which the communication will tak place in HS3. Can you shed some more light on this for me please.

Regards
      Mark

Comment

Hello,

Love your plugin!!!!!

Regards
        Mark
        Yep as per Randys post.

I guess you are using Ethernet as all the pins are available if using usb.

If you know what you are doing and want to play around in the Beta that is available there is an Advanced Ethernet option that enables all the pins in the plugin but you use this at your own risk.

Greig.
        Zwave = Z-Stick, 3xHSM100� 7xACT ZDM230, 1xEverspring SM103, 2xACT HomePro ZRP210.
        X10 = CM12U, 2xAM12, 1xAW10, 1 x TM13U, 1xMS13, 2xHR10, 2xSS13
        Other Hardware = ADI Ocelot + secu16, Global Cache GC100, RFXtrx433, 3 x Foscams.
        Plugings = RFXcom, ActiveBackup, Applied Digital Ocelot, BLDeviceMatrix, BLGarbage, BLLAN, Current Cost, Global Cache GC100,HSTouch Android, HSTouch Server, HSTouch Server Unlimited, NetCAM, PowerTrigger, SageWebcamXP, SqueezeBox, X10 CM11A/CM12U.
        Scripts =
        Various

Comment

Originally posted by enigmatheatre View Post
          Yep as per Randys post.

I guess you are using Ethernet as all the pins are available if using usb.

If you know what you are doing and want to play around in the Beta that is available there is an Advanced Ethernet option that enables all the pins in the plugin but you use this at your own risk.

Greig.
          Super Greig, thank you very much. I am already playing with the Beta but I was not sure waht the advanced was giving me. Now I am clear.

BTW can you shed some light for me on the use of serial conenction as per me previous post. I am struggling with this a little. As you can tell I am somewhat new to Arduino.

Regards
          Mark

Comment

Got it thank you.

One more question perhaps you could answer that I am struggling with.

I would like to connect the Arduino Nano over the serial port to the HS3. How would I do that, I am waiting for the RS232 board for the Nano and hoping that once I use the serial pins on the Nano it will work. I ma also assuming that COM port definition in HS2 plugin referes to the comport over which the communication will tak place in HS3. Can you shed some more light on this for me please.

Regards
            Mark
            There is no reason for it to not to work over a serial port as the plugin is looking for them with the USB as they are serial ports to.
            I have ordered some RS485 to ttl adapters to see how far away I can use a serial port with a RS485 adapter.

Greig.
            Zwave = Z-Stick, 3xHSM100� 7xACT ZDM230, 1xEverspring SM103, 2xACT HomePro ZRP210.
            Other Hardware = ADI Ocelot + secu16, Global Cache GC100, RFXtrx433, 3 x Foscams.
            Plugings = RFXcom, ActiveBackup, Applied Digital Ocelot, BLDeviceMatrix, BLGarbage, BLLAN, Current Cost, Global Cache GC100,HSTouch Android, HSTouch Server, HSTouch Server Unlimited, NetCAM, PowerTrigger, SageWebcamXP, SqueezeBox, X10 CM11A/CM12U.
            Scripts =
            Various

Comment

There is no reason for it to not to work over a serial port as the plugin is looking for them with the USB as they are serial ports to.
              I have ordered some RS485 to ttl adapters to see how far away I can use a serial port with a RS485 adapter.

Greig.
              Cool, so looks like my assumptions are correct. Well I will let you know how it works.

Again want to stress: LOVE THE PLUGIN

Thank you!

Comment

BTW can you shed some light for me on the use of serial conenction as per me previous post. I am struggling with this a little. As you can tell I am somewhat new to Arduino.

Regards
                Mark
                Mark,

It is easier to use a board with USB as they are plug and play (ish)
                This includes the nano that you have. It mounts as a serial port.

Greig.
                Scripts =
                Various

Comment

Mark,

It is easier to use a board with USB as they are plug and play (ish)
                  This includes the nano that you have. It mounts as a serial port.

Greig.
                  Ok so here is my dilema; I need to have the Nano's remote about 50-100 feet. So running USB connection I do not think will work unless USB on Nano (Arduiuno) is actualyy a serial port. If that is the case then this will greatly simplify things.

Can you clarify please.

Thanks
                  Mark

Comment

Ok so here is my dilema; I need to have the Nano's remote about 50-100 feet. So running USB connection I do not think will work unless USB on Nano (Arduiuno) is actualyy a serial port. If that is the case then this will greatly simplify things.

Can you clarify please.

Thanks
                    Mark
                    Mark.

The 0 (RX) and 1 (TX) are used to receive (RX) and transmit (TX) TTL serial data. These pins are connected to the corresponding pins of the FTDI USB-to-TTL Serial chip. At TTL Level the max you can run is only about 1m. With RS232 you can run up to 15m so you would need to go with RS485 which has a max around 1200m.
                    You would need a USB to RS485 adapter something like this or if you have a serial port then go for a serial RS232 to RS485 adapter. Then a RS485 to TTL for the nano like this.

As I said before I have ordered lots of parts from China so who knows when they will turn up but it includes RS485 and some wireless modules for me to test out as I think people would like a wireless solution.

Greig.
                    Scripts =
                    Various

Comment

[QUOTE=enigmatheatre;1189802]Mark.

The 0 (RX) and 1 (TX) are used to receive (RX) and transmit (TX) TTL serial data. These pins are connected to the corresponding pins of the FTDI USB-to-TTL Serial chip. At TTL Level the max you can run is only about 1m. With RS232 you can run up to 15m so you would need to go with RS485 which has a max around 1200m.
                      You would need a USB to RS485 adapter something like this or if you have a serial port then go for a serial RS232 to RS485 adapter. Then a RS485 to TTL for the nano like this.

As I said before I have ordered lots of parts from China so who knows when they will turn up but it includes RS485 and some wireless modules for me to test out as I think people would like a wireless solution.

Okay, looks like I will have distance issue with RS232 after all. Ok time to order some RS485's as you sugested. I get this stuff from China as well so they get here somethings in a week sometimes in two months but that is okay. But it would be nice to get to work on this stuff quicker. Yes I also agree that wireless option would be nice but personally for me I am "hard Wire" kind of a guy. Although this will not be controlling any life critical events, well perhpas only excpetion to that would be my marine tank but the risk is managable. I am very new to Arduino so it is still a big learning curve but I love the flexibility and amount of stuff that is out there. Now if I can only get more proficcient with coding so use of the API mode and external measurement sensors will be even more open options. None the less this is great and lots of fun.

Thanks again for the info and superb plugin.

I know you have your hands full building up the functionality and capability but is there a link that has more comprehensive documetnation and useage examples for the API mode?

Regards
                      Mark

Comment

Hello,

Why not using a usb extender This is working nice

http://www.ebay.com/itm/USB-UTP-Exte...item56770a0230

Ed

Comment

Originally posted by ESSCHENK View Post
                          Hello,

Why not using a usb extender This is working nice

http://www.ebay.com/itm/USB-UTP-Exte...item56770a0230

Ed
                          Ed,

Yes you could try them but I have had no luck with that devices so I suggested something else.

Greig.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk
                          Scripts =
                          Various

Comment

I probably haven't looked or over read it but,
                            i see in the manual it says 30 input pins max.
                            Is his expandable to more ?

I have well, about 134 input pins needed to be able to see if there are lights still on or off in my system.
                            This would cost me 5 boards then, its not that big of a problem but it's still allot

Comment

Originally posted by Vincenttor View Post
                              I probably haven't looked or over read it but,
                              i see in the manual it says 30 input pins max.
                              Is his expandable to more ?

I have well, about 134 input pins needed to be able to see if there are lights still on or off in my system.
                              This would cost me 5 boards then, its not that big of a problem but it's still allot
                              Arduino mega has about 50 pins, so you need about 3.
                              For a plugin limitation, you could use the API.ino and create your skecth.
                              If you want to use only one arduino and a lot a lot a lot of input pin, you can use a 74HC595 shift register and the API.ino sketch.

Comment

Working...
                              X