Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

pwm pins ? servo and pwm conflict ? max pin count in plugin ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

pwm pins ? servo and pwm conflict ? max pin count in plugin ?

Hi

Just some questions to clear a few things.

1)Is there a changelog for the betas ?

2)Why is the maximum PWM count is 25 ? i tried every simple pin and only the true PWM pins are working , this mean 2 to 9 , 11 to 13 , 44 to 46 , on my Mega , I was thinking i can use any pin as PWM but not ?

3) if i add a single servo pin , PWM dont work anymore on the board
    is it normal ?
    (didnt do a lot of test to really confirm this , but prety sure)

4) Why can we chose up to pin 70 in the plugin ? because the bigest board i can found is the mega2560 with only 54 I/O

Thank you very much

Originally posted by tfoutfou View Post
    1)Is there a changelog for the betas ?
    All changes should be listed in the user manual. If you want a smaller brake down I would have to make on up for you as there are lots of bug fixes.

2)Why is the maximum PWM count is 25 ? i tried every simple pin and only the true PWM pins are working , this mean 2 to 9 , 11 to 13 , 44 to 46 , on my Mega , I was thinking i can use any pin as PWM but not ?
    Yes you can only use PWM outputs as per all Arduinos as this is a hardware feature.

3) if i add a single servo pin , PWM dont work anymore on the board
    is it normal ?
    (didnt do a lot of test to really confirm this , but prety sure)
    No this should work ok but it has been a long time since I tested servos so if it is not working I will have to test and fix it.

4) Why can we chose up to pin 70 in the plugin ? because the bigest board i can found is the mega2560 with only 54 I/O
    I cant remember but a long time ago when this was all new I think someone wanted to use the arduino chip pin numbers and it has not been changed. I cant see how this can cause problems.

Greig.
    Zwave = Z-Stick, 3xHSM100� 7xACT ZDM230, 1xEverspring SM103, 2xACT HomePro ZRP210.
    X10 = CM12U, 2xAM12, 1xAW10, 1 x TM13U, 1xMS13, 2xHR10, 2xSS13
    Other Hardware = ADI Ocelot + secu16, Global Cache GC100, RFXtrx433, 3 x Foscams.
    Plugings = RFXcom, ActiveBackup, Applied Digital Ocelot, BLDeviceMatrix, BLGarbage, BLLAN, Current Cost, Global Cache GC100,HSTouch Android, HSTouch Server, HSTouch Server Unlimited, NetCAM, PowerTrigger, SageWebcamXP, SqueezeBox, X10 CM11A/CM12U.
    Scripts =
    Various

Comment

for servo output , i did a few new test , and its definitely not working
      (only one random PWM pin + one random servo pin on the board and nothing else)

correct me if i am wrong , but servo control is PWM ?
      (and we can do it on any pin right ?)

maybe some kind of conflict with servo manual PWM timing , and hardware PWM implemantation ?

from arduino.cc
      One major disadvantage is that any interrupts will affect the timing, which can cause considerable jitter unless you disable interrupts. A second disadvantage is you can't leave the output running while the processor does something else.

concerning the 70 pins thats not a problem at all , i was just wondering if i could find bigger arduino's

anyway arduino boards are cheap , so i can have one different board for servo and PWM , so at the end of the day its not a true problem

Thank you very much for support

Comment

for servo output , i did a few new test , and its definitely not working
        (only one random PWM pin + one random servo pin on the board and nothing else)

correct me if i am wrong , but servo control is PWM ?
        (and we can do it on any pin right ?)

maybe some kind of conflict with servo manual PWM timing , and hardware PWM implemantation ?

from arduino.cc

concerning the 70 pins thats not a problem at all , i was just wondering if i could find bigger arduino's

anyway arduino boards are cheap , so i can have one different board for servo and PWM , so at the end of the day its not a true problem

Thank you very much for support

What pins are you using?

Note:The plugin has a limit of 8 Servo pins per board.Note:On boards other than the Mega, use of the library disables analogWrite() (PWM) functionality on pins 9 and 10, whether or not there is a Servo on those pins

Again I would need to check back as it was added a long time ago and I do not have access to this info at the moment.

Greig
        Zwave = Z-Stick, 3xHSM100� 7xACT ZDM230, 1xEverspring SM103, 2xACT HomePro ZRP210.
        Other Hardware = ADI Ocelot + secu16, Global Cache GC100, RFXtrx433, 3 x Foscams.
        Plugings = RFXcom, ActiveBackup, Applied Digital Ocelot, BLDeviceMatrix, BLGarbage, BLLAN, Current Cost, Global Cache GC100,HSTouch Android, HSTouch Server, HSTouch Server Unlimited, NetCAM, PowerTrigger, SageWebcamXP, SqueezeBox, X10 CM11A/CM12U.
        Scripts =
        Various

Comment

Hello,

I want to try something with pwm but i cannot create a device for that with the V1.0.0.99
          Also the servo device not created
          Everything is working good my boards are working for a year now.
          Is this something in my setup ! or is this a know problem.

Thanks Ed

Comment

Originally posted by ESSCHENK View Post
            Hello,

I want to try something with pwm but i cannot create a device for that with the V1.0.0.99
            Also the servo device not created
            Everything is working good my boards are working for a year now.
            Is this something in my setup ! or is this a know problem.

Thanks Ed
            This is strange it is working here. What is not working? Can you describe what is wrong. Can you send me a debug log? Are you sure it is not just filtered out of the device manager page.

Greig.
            Scripts =
            Various

Comment

Hello Greig,

Thanks for your quick response.

I feel so stupid that whas it .
              I forgot to clik on device type.

Thanks for your support

Ed

Comment

Working...
              X