Running as a remote plugin help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Running as a remote plugin help

I have two computers on the same network, trying to use the 'remote plugin' feature of this plugin, and I can't get it to cooperate. When I run the command on the 'remote' computer (as per the instructions), it states it's connecting, it DOES detect the USB board on the host computer, and all the button presses, etc, but I'm not sure how I'm supposed to configure the other board on the remote system (do I set it to a com port, or to the remote PCs ip address, or...?).

I DID have the other board on an ethernet shield, but somehow the shield died, so while I'm waiting to get the new one, I'm playing with this feature

Originally posted by unbwogable View Post
    I have two computers on the same network, trying to use the 'remote plugin' feature of this plugin, and I can't get it to cooperate. When I run the command on the 'remote' computer (as per the instructions), it states it's connecting, it DOES detect the USB board on the host computer, and all the button presses, etc, but I'm not sure how I'm supposed to configure the other board on the remote system (do I set it to a com port, or to the remote PCs ip address, or...?).

I DID have the other board on an ethernet shield, but somehow the shield died, so while I'm waiting to get the new one, I'm playing with this feature
    I have not tested the remote plugin in a while. It sounds like you have it up and running on the remote pc and talking to Homeseer so in the plugin config you should have it listed as a remote plugin. The plugin only supports 1 instance so make sure that it is not running on the Homeseer system.
    You then go to the config page and set it to the comport that the board is connected to on the remote pc.

I hope this helps.

Greig.
    Zwave = Z-Stick, 3xHSM100� 7xACT ZDM230, 1xEverspring SM103, 2xACT HomePro ZRP210.
    X10 = CM12U, 2xAM12, 1xAW10, 1 x TM13U, 1xMS13, 2xHR10, 2xSS13
    Other Hardware = ADI Ocelot + secu16, Global Cache GC100, RFXtrx433, 3 x Foscams.
    Plugings = RFXcom, ActiveBackup, Applied Digital Ocelot, BLDeviceMatrix, BLGarbage, BLLAN, Current Cost, Global Cache GC100,HSTouch Android, HSTouch Server, HSTouch Server Unlimited, NetCAM, PowerTrigger, SageWebcamXP, SqueezeBox, X10 CM11A/CM12U.
    Scripts =
    Various

Comment

Originally posted by enigmatheatre View Post
      I have not tested the remote plugin in a while. It sounds like you have it up and running on the remote pc and talking to Homeseer so in the plugin config you should have it listed as a remote plugin. The plugin only supports 1 instance so make sure that it is not running on the Homeseer system.
      You then go to the config page and set it to the comport that the board is connected to on the remote pc.

I hope this helps.

Greig.
      Well that was part of the issue, my remote system assigned the same com port to the new board (com 10 on both). I changed them both to different ports, now I'm getting an error 'com 7 doesn't exist', which is the port for the usb board on the host computer (works fine till I run the plugin, then the port disappears from homeseer, despite still showing in device manager).

Comment

Originally posted by unbwogable View Post
        Well that was part of the issue, my remote system assigned the same com port to the new board (com 10 on both). I changed them both to different ports, now I'm getting an error 'com 7 doesn't exist', which is the port for the usb board on the host computer (works fine till I run the plugin, then the port disappears from homeseer, despite still showing in device manager).
        If you changed the comports on your system then did you restart the plugin as it may be looking for ports that you removed. If both pcs said it was com port 10 then just disable the plugin on the homeseer server then run the plugin on the remote pc with the board connected as com10 and this should work with the same config.

Greig.
        Zwave = Z-Stick, 3xHSM100� 7xACT ZDM230, 1xEverspring SM103, 2xACT HomePro ZRP210.
        X10 = CM12U, 2xAM12, 1xAW10, 1 x TM13U, 1xMS13, 2xHR10, 2xSS13
        Other Hardware = ADI Ocelot + secu16, Global Cache GC100, RFXtrx433, 3 x Foscams.
        Plugings = RFXcom, ActiveBackup, Applied Digital Ocelot, BLDeviceMatrix, BLGarbage, BLLAN, Current Cost, Global Cache GC100,HSTouch Android, HSTouch Server, HSTouch Server Unlimited, NetCAM, PowerTrigger, SageWebcamXP, SqueezeBox, X10 CM11A/CM12U.
        Scripts =
        Various

Comment

Working...
        X