Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Connection Failed every few days-Arduino Hard Crash. Needs a power cycle to reset.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quick update - Greig looked at the debug log, and found that one of my OneWire sensors was erroring.

I replaced the sensor and that board has now been stable for 2 weeks.

Fingers crossed that the intermittent error that has caused the board to crash every few days for 2 years has been identified and resolved.

I'll give it a couple more weeks then mark as solved if no further errors.

Comment

Originally posted by apluck View Post
      Quick update - Greig looked at the debug log, and found that one of my OneWire sensors was erroring.

I replaced the sensor and that board has now been stable for 2 weeks.

Fingers crossed that the intermittent error that has caused the board to crash every few days for 2 years has been identified and resolved.

I'll give it a couple more weeks then mark as solved if no further errors.
      Good news I hope this was the problem to. If you find that this was causing problems I will need to see if I I can put in something to stop this crashing the boards.

Greig.
      Zwave = Z-Stick, 3xHSM100� 7xACT ZDM230, 1xEverspring SM103, 2xACT HomePro ZRP210.
      X10 = CM12U, 2xAM12, 1xAW10, 1 x TM13U, 1xMS13, 2xHR10, 2xSS13
      Other Hardware = ADI Ocelot + secu16, Global Cache GC100, RFXtrx433, 3 x Foscams.
      Plugings = RFXcom, ActiveBackup, Applied Digital Ocelot, BLDeviceMatrix, BLGarbage, BLLAN, Current Cost, Global Cache GC100,HSTouch Android, HSTouch Server, HSTouch Server Unlimited, NetCAM, PowerTrigger, SageWebcamXP, SqueezeBox, X10 CM11A/CM12U.
      Scripts =
      Various

Comment

Well after 3 weeks I had another crash where OneWire stopped working again.

I have 3 temp sensors on that board which measure the top, middle, and bottom of a hot water cylinder.

I had replaced the TOP sensors 3 weeks previously.

This time the bottom sensor errored. I removed the bottom sensor completely and power cycled the board.

A few days later the Middle sensor errored. The bottom sensor was still disconnectioed. Another power cycle.

So still problems with this board and the onewire and don't really know what to do next. I think I'll replace the bottom and middle sensors with new ones and try again.

Comment

I've now separated the board that crashes into 2 boards.

The original board now just does inputs and outputs.
          I have an identical Arduino Ethernet POE board next to it. I've moved the Onewire temp sensing pin across to it.

I'll report back if any of them crash.

Comment

interested how this will go, since i have some sort of 1-wire errors also.
            But it does not crash my board luckily, sometimes i have to reset the board in a few months.

Comment

Checking in. I still have the hard crash disconnect issue on one board. I have changed the board, the shield, the PSU. I have moved the onewire to another board. The only thing I haven't changed is the relay board. I am using v142. The other boards are fine and do not crash.

The board seems to crash every week or so in the winter, and less often in the summer. This board is controlling heating and hot water relays which will be switching more often during the winter.

Has there been any more insight in the last 18 months or so? Cheers

Comment

Originally posted by apluck View Post
                Checking in. I still have the hard crash disconnect issue on one board. I have changed the board, the shield, the PSU. I have moved the onewire to another board. The only thing I haven't changed is the relay board. I am using v142. The other boards are fine and do not crash.

The board seems to crash every week or so in the winter, and less often in the summer. This board is controlling heating and hot water relays which will be switching more often during the winter.

Has there been any more insight in the last 18 months or so? Cheers
                Al,

I had a problem with a relay driving high frequency light fittings that was causing a surge that then caused the boards to crash sometimes. I changed the relay board out to be a solid state relay board and all is well.

Something like this one.

Greig.
                Zwave = Z-Stick, 3xHSM100� 7xACT ZDM230, 1xEverspring SM103, 2xACT HomePro ZRP210.
                X10 = CM12U, 2xAM12, 1xAW10, 1 x TM13U, 1xMS13, 2xHR10, 2xSS13
                Other Hardware = ADI Ocelot + secu16, Global Cache GC100, RFXtrx433, 3 x Foscams.
                Plugings = RFXcom, ActiveBackup, Applied Digital Ocelot, BLDeviceMatrix, BLGarbage, BLLAN, Current Cost, Global Cache GC100,HSTouch Android, HSTouch Server, HSTouch Server Unlimited, NetCAM, PowerTrigger, SageWebcamXP, SqueezeBox, X10 CM11A/CM12U.
                Scripts =
                Various

Comment

Working...
                X