X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• enigmatheatre
    replied
    Originally posted by apluck View Post
    I upgraded to .131 but still does the same.

Greig, we exchanged emails about this in Dec 2015, but I can't see how we resolved it - whether it just started working, or whether I had to modify the sketch.

Can you remember?
    Did you not have to add in input and output pin or something strange like that? Is the LCD Address correct?

Greig.

Leave a comment:

• apluck
    replied
    I upgraded to .131 but still does the same.

Greig, we exchanged emails about this in Dec 2015, but I can't see how we resolved it - whether it just started working, or whether I had to modify the sketch.

Can you remember?

Leave a comment:

• apluck
    replied
    Anyone else had this issue? Is it fixed in .131?

Leave a comment:

• apluck
    replied
    This old problem has resurfaced for me on v129.

The LCD has been happy working for a year, (not sure what sketch version, might have been earlier than v129). I uloaded a v129 sketch over the weekend, and now the board refreshes the LCD once on startup and then disconnects a minute later. If I remove the LCD pins in the plugin, then then board stays connected.

Debug log attached. The LCD board is Board5.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by apluck; March 28, 2017, 04:05 PM.

Leave a comment:

• enigmatheatre
    replied
    Al.

If you do not mind can you send me the sketch you uploaded to the board to.

Thanks

Greig.

Leave a comment:

• enigmatheatre
    replied
    Hi Al,

I am at work at the moment so just had a quick look. It looks like the board watchdog is not starting and it is getting confused. Can you try adding 1 input and 1 output and then try the lcd to see if this kicks it in to life.

I will have a deeper look when I get 5min.

Greig.

Leave a comment:

• apluck
    replied
    I tried that, and also removing the board and re-adding it. Still the same problem.

I've attached a debug file. The LCD is board 4.

I started logging
    reset the board
    sent "test" to line 1
    waited until it had "Connection Failed"
    stopped logging.

Thanks,
    Al
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• enigmatheatre
    replied
    Ok this all looks fine to me.
    Can you remove the LCD from the plugin by pressing the red x on the config screen then add it again as I am not sure the changes in .99 have stuck. If this is not working can you get me a debug log with you setting one of the lines to the word "Test" and then send it to me so I can see what is going on.

Greig.

Leave a comment:

• apluck
    replied
    Hi Greig, hopefully this photo tells all.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• enigmatheatre
    replied
    What board are you using and what pins are connected? Also what is written on the LCD driver on the back.

Greig.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• apluck
    replied
    I upgraded to v99, and still the same issue. It could be a fauly LCD module I suppose, but what failure would cause it to only work when reset.

If I send text to the LCD, then after about 1 minute, the board goes "disconnected" and needs a reset to reconnect.

Leave a comment:

• enigmatheatre
    replied
    Unfortunately you will have to update as there is changes in the board sketch that may stop things working.

Greig.

Leave a comment:

• apluck
    replied
    Will do - thanks Greig. Is the v99 plugin backwards compatible with the v84 sketch for inputs, outputs, PWM and Onewire, or do I need to update all the boards at the same time?

cheers,
    Al

Leave a comment:

• enigmatheatre
    replied
    Hi Al.

I would first suggest upgrading to the v99 plug in as there is a lot of LCD changes from v85.

Greig

Leave a comment:

• apluck
    started a topic LCD refreshes on reset only?

LCD refreshes on reset only?

Hi, 1st of all, Greig, thank you for adding the LCD module, I can see this being extremely useful.

I just tried it on a genuine Uno with genuine ethernet shield. There is nothing else on this board.

I added the LCD pin, and tried sending some text. The LCD only refreshes when I press the reset button on the Uno. If I change the text in HS and press submit nothing happens.

A couple of times, the display has refreshed at about 1 character per second with garbage.

Then when I reset the board, it displays the correct text.

I am using plugin v85 with v84 sketch.

cheers,
    Al
    Attached Files
Working...
X