Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Arduino plugin and XBee

Hi

I wonder if I can manage arduino boards wirelessly through XBee enabled boards.

The idea should be to use one Xbee modem attached to a serial connected adaptor and this used to control remote boards each with an Xbee modem as well

Any experience on this?

Originally posted by juande View Post
    Hi

I wonder if I can manage arduino boards wirelessly through XBee enabled boards.

The idea should be to use one Xbee modem attached to a serial connected adaptor and this used to control remote boards each with an Xbee modem as well

Any experience on this?
    This is something that I have looked at in the past but have not had experience with Xbee and I have also looked at other ways of doing the same thing but as it stands there is no easy way to do this.
    If you need to work wireless then you can use an AP or games controller as a Bridge to connect to your Arduino that would then access your wifi. There are some very small ones out there.

Greig.
    Last edited by enigmatheatre; December 23, 2015, 02:11 PM.
    Zwave = Z-Stick, 3xHSM100� 7xACT ZDM230, 1xEverspring SM103, 2xACT HomePro ZRP210.
    X10 = CM12U, 2xAM12, 1xAW10, 1 x TM13U, 1xMS13, 2xHR10, 2xSS13
    Other Hardware = ADI Ocelot + secu16, Global Cache GC100, RFXtrx433, 3 x Foscams.
    Plugings = RFXcom, ActiveBackup, Applied Digital Ocelot, BLDeviceMatrix, BLGarbage, BLLAN, Current Cost, Global Cache GC100,HSTouch Android, HSTouch Server, HSTouch Server Unlimited, NetCAM, PowerTrigger, SageWebcamXP, SqueezeBox, X10 CM11A/CM12U.
    Scripts =
    Various

Comment

Originally posted by enigmatheatre View Post
      This is something that I have looked at in the past but have not had experience with Xbee and I have also looked at other ways of doing the same thing but as it stands there is no easy way to do this.
      If you need to work wireless then you can use an AP or games controller as a Bridge to connect to your Arduino that would then access your wifi. There are some very small ones out there.

Greig.
      It should be easynto do as Xbee is no more than a protocol that communicates through zigbee

There are APIs out there like this one

http://xbee.codeplex.com/SourceControl/latest

It should be easy to include in your plugin so can reach a network of wireless sensors with arduino

Comment

Working...
      X