New Project

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Project

I purchased an Arnuino Uno and the ethernet shield.

The other day, I ordered:

(2) 30A SCT-013-030 Non-invasive AC current sensor Split Core Current Transformer
    (1) Mini MQ4 MQ-4 High Sensitivity Gas Sensor natgas Sensor module for Arduino
    (3) New DHT11 Temperature and Relative Humidity Sensor Module for arduino

I am building this to go into my utility room. The idea is to monitor the current on the washer/dryer to determine whether or not they are running, measure the gas levels in the room (the furnace and hot water heater are in there) and measure the temperature in the room along with the crawlspace below and the family room located right next to the utility room (I will run wires through the floor and wall, respectively).

I think I will need resistors for this? Will the code to measure the line inputs for these reside on the Arduino or will the Arduino simply act as the gateway here? I'd like to get an understanding of how much programming (if any) will be needed. I'm going to pull a CAT5 line from my media closet to the utility room for the network connection.

Any help you can offer will be greatly assisted!

I did something similar a while back with a Flyport (arduino compatible programming interface) and a DHT11. I don't remember exactly how I wired the DHT11 (the circuit never left the breadboard and I don't have it handy), but it's relatively simple to interface. You'll need to have the Arduino monitor the DHT11 since it requires fairly precise timing. I made a simple sketch to monitor the DHT11 continuously and provide a simple HTTP interface for HomeSeer to query the temperature/humidity status.

If you're interested in seeing how I did it, I'll be happy to share code and draw up a schematic. It'll be a couple of weeks though before I can do that. PM me if interested.
    HS Pro 3.0 | Linux Ubuntu 16.04 x64 virtualized under Proxmox (KVM)
    Hardware: Z-NET - W800 Serial - Digi PortServer TS/8 and TS/16 serial to Ethernet - Insteon PLM - RFXCOM - X10 Wireless
    Plugins: HSTouch iOS and Android, RFXCOM, BlueIris, BLLock, BLDSC, BLRF, Insteon PLM (MNSandler), Device History, Ecobee, BLRing, Kodi, UltraWeatherWU3
    Second home: Zee S2 with Z-Wave, CT101 Z-Wave Thermostat, Aeotec Z-Wave microswitches, HSM200 occupancy sensor, Ecolink Z-Wave door sensors, STI Driveway Monitor interfaced to Zee S2 GPIO pins.

Comment

Thanks for the response.

I'm thinking with the temp sensors I should be able to use some solid core 4 wire alarm wire to connect the Arduino and the sensors. In the utility room and crawlspace, I don't care so much about the "neat" factor, but I will need to find a suitable housing for the temp sensor I will run through the wall to the family room.

The current sensor has an 1/8" plug at the end of it. I'm guessing it's easier to cut the plug and wire directly as opposed to wiring two female 1/8" plugs to the Arduino.

Comment

Hi GadgetBoySI,

This would be a good place to start for the DHT11 and give you an Idea of how to make the others work.
        http://board.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=172974
        Greig.
        Zwave = Z-Stick, 3xHSM100� 7xACT ZDM230, 1xEverspring SM103, 2xACT HomePro ZRP210.
        X10 = CM12U, 2xAM12, 1xAW10, 1 x TM13U, 1xMS13, 2xHR10, 2xSS13
        Other Hardware = ADI Ocelot + secu16, Global Cache GC100, RFXtrx433, 3 x Foscams.
        Plugings = RFXcom, ActiveBackup, Applied Digital Ocelot, BLDeviceMatrix, BLGarbage, BLLAN, Current Cost, Global Cache GC100,HSTouch Android, HSTouch Server, HSTouch Server Unlimited, NetCAM, PowerTrigger, SageWebcamXP, SqueezeBox, X10 CM11A/CM12U.
        Scripts =
        Various

Comment

Greig

Could I please get a copy of the code you sent the other guys for the API code to manage the DHT11 ? Would you consider merging this into the standard INO code or does it make the code too big for the UNO ?

Cheers..pete
          HS 2.2.0.11

Comment

Originally posted by petez69 View Post
            Greig

Could I please get a copy of the code you sent the other guys for the API code to manage the DHT11 ? Would you consider merging this into the standard INO code or does it make the code too big for the UNO ?

Cheers..pete
            Pete,

Click on the link in my last post on this thread and you will see the code.

Yes we are pushing the limits of the boards so can not add more. Sorry.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk
            Zwave = Z-Stick, 3xHSM100� 7xACT ZDM230, 1xEverspring SM103, 2xACT HomePro ZRP210.
            X10 = CM12U, 2xAM12, 1xAW10, 1 x TM13U, 1xMS13, 2xHR10, 2xSS13
            Other Hardware = ADI Ocelot + secu16, Global Cache GC100, RFXtrx433, 3 x Foscams.
            Plugings = RFXcom, ActiveBackup, Applied Digital Ocelot, BLDeviceMatrix, BLGarbage, BLLAN, Current Cost, Global Cache GC100,HSTouch Android, HSTouch Server, HSTouch Server Unlimited, NetCAM, PowerTrigger, SageWebcamXP, SqueezeBox, X10 CM11A/CM12U.
            Scripts =
            Various

Comment

Working...
            X