No announcement yet.

Mega Breakout board

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I actually found out how to convert the eagle files to gerber and import them in sprint layout so o probably can design my own boards then since i need about 9 its cheaper this way making them myself.

But can you maybe pass me a link for that ebay listing , still curious

Comment

This vendor has them for a fixed price of $19.99 or best offer and a number of auctions starting at about $15.
      HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.0 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

This is the one I grabbed

http://goo.gl/WySsYa
        HS 2.2.0.11

Comment

Originally posted by petez69 View Post
          This is the one I grabbed

http://goo.gl/WySsYa
          That is the same vendor "electronics-salon".
          HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.0 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

Thanks, i haven't found that one before
            Always the blue small shield , but that's not very user friendly with soldering wires in it and still needing a contra connector for the 36pins.

This looks pretty good, going to send him a message, what 9 boards would cost.
            Maybe there is a bit of a discount

Comment

Got the Electronic Salon breakoutboard yesterday, must say good build quality. I had a spare 6 pin socket so I extended the SPI bus for the ethernet through the board, all works well.

I did move from powering via USB to using the 2.1mm socket on the Mega (clone) and after an hour it lost ethernet connection, I suspect its an onboard 7805 and it got REAL hot..Looks like my best option is to power via external 12v/5v adaptors (so cheap on fleabay).

I had an RGB led strip (5m) turn up from e-bay yesterday, was looking to play with the "RGB" option but alas just as I thought, it has seperate RGB leds and not tri-state :-) I'll keep hunting :-)

Otherwise 5 arduinos testing on the bench and all looks good.

Pete
              HS 2.2.0.11

Comment

This is what the board looks like, good build quality

HS 2.2.0.11

Comment

Looks good indeed !
                  got the problem fixed already with the one arduino that stopped that you described ?

I send my file to the pcb maker, but it will be probably after the Chinese new year when i will receive it.

Comment

if you can still update it you should add a bunch of extra ground pins and some extra 5v ones as well. with all the I/O it is nice to have lots of screws for all the ground wires rather than trying to stuff them all under a few screws.

Comment

That would have been a good idea, going to ask if its still possible to send in a different file.
                      Got not much space left, would be then af the front where are no terminals yet.
                      Stupid because for a pcb that i made on my machine i did make every contact a GND....
                      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yumdmc0qOxQ

thx

Comment

Vincenttor

I agree with usLEDsupply, we need additional pins for ground and 5v. If you want to use "dry contacts" such as Alarm Detectors, reed switches or anything that needs a contact, having ground pins next to the relative arduino pin is a very good idea.

I am going to make some "sub-boards" with the TIP122 and 4N25 optos on it and put voltage rails on those to make wiring easier.

Your board does look nice, good work !!!
                        HS 2.2.0.11

Comment

Vincenttor

The loss of connectivity, I havent followed this up however the heat on the board around the voltage regulator seemed very high. I've decided I'm going to use 12v to 5v converters from e-bay and have the power regulated separately and not use the onboard regulator.

I've got a bunch of stuff coming from China to play with and soon I hope to haev a "mock up" of a "panel". This will be a metal box with a hole in the front for the 20x4LCD, 2 3 segment voltage indicators. Inside will be the fun part mounting it all :-)

Hey its a hobby :-)
                          HS 2.2.0.11

Comment

Nice board. Have you considered some output drivers too like the uln 2803 darlington driver that will allow you to switch upto 500ma per output at about 30 volts dc great for relays because of the snubbing diode. The optical isolation for inputs are great idea too. I have been building separate boards so a stacking solution would be great or a 10 pin flat cable plug socket. Food for thought. I will buy boards to clean up my spegetti and sure others will too. Once ppl learn how ez it is there will be a ready made clean solution.

Comment

Thanks for the suggestions guys,
                              i actually made them for my own situation but maybe i can draw it with your needs.
                              I am only going to connect mostly simple dry contact inputs.
                              door magnets/pirs and to switch i have already made some pcb's with relays on them and also for detecting current.
                              Made these with my router so this is why they have to be this big

Last edited by Vincenttor; January 30, 2016, 02:54 PM.

Comment

Hi...i am a new user here. As per my knowledge the Arduino Mega now has its very own prototyping shield! The SparkFun MegaShield mates with the Arduino Mega board and gives the user a prototyping area, two general LEDs, and, most important of all, the Arduino Mega reset switch is brought to the top level. The shield also works with our small breadboards if you don’t want to solder to the prototyping area.This comes in kit form and must be soldered together by the end user. Please note - we do not ship assembly instructions! All soldering is through-hole but always check your component orientation before soldering!

prototype pcb assembly
                                Last edited by ; May 25, 2017, 02:32 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X