Arduino Ethershield W5500

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Arduino Ethershield W5500

I was wondering, since this shield consumes less power then the cheaper w5100 shields.
    Would this work with the arduino plugin, or does it need different libraries and code ?

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/free-...c-dea7ccc9c614

Been using an Arduino Ethernet Shield 2 from arduino.org for a couple of months now.

This uses the Wiznet W5500 just had to use the ethernet2 library and modify the sketch to get it working.

#include <Ethernet2.h>
    #include <EthernetUdp2.h>

Comment

Thanks BS85,
      i think ill just have to see if it works then when i order the China pcbs and use the other libraries.
      Will report if it comes to this

Comment

I have just tested the V2 Ethernet library but it is not backward compatible with the v1 shield so I can not update the this. You can change it in the sketch before uploading to the board and it will run the same.

Greig.
        Zwave = Z-Stick, 3xHSM100� 7xACT ZDM230, 1xEverspring SM103, 2xACT HomePro ZRP210.
        X10 = CM12U, 2xAM12, 1xAW10, 1 x TM13U, 1xMS13, 2xHR10, 2xSS13
        Other Hardware = ADI Ocelot + secu16, Global Cache GC100, RFXtrx433, 3 x Foscams.
        Plugings = RFXcom, ActiveBackup, Applied Digital Ocelot, BLDeviceMatrix, BLGarbage, BLLAN, Current Cost, Global Cache GC100,HSTouch Android, HSTouch Server, HSTouch Server Unlimited, NetCAM, PowerTrigger, SageWebcamXP, SqueezeBox, X10 CM11A/CM12U.
        Scripts =
        Various

Comment

Originally posted by enigmatheatre View Post
          I have just tested the V2 Ethernet library but it is not backward compatible with the v1 shield so I can not update the this. You can change it in the sketch before uploading to the board and it will run the same.

Greig.
          Thanks Greig

Comment

Working...
          X