Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Upgrading from prior version - does .ino file have to change?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Upgrading from prior version - does .ino file have to change?

Hey all:

I'm testing this out, looks pretty good for replacing my ancient Ocelot. I have a question about ongoing maintenance of the code. I'm using the API mode so have alot of my own code in the the homeseer.ino file. I see a bunch of code for communications at the end, as well as some customization interspersed (ie setup). If I update the plugin version, do I need to do something to that embedded code in my .ino file?

Originally posted by ksdehoff View Post
    Hey all:

I'm testing this out, looks pretty good for replacing my ancient Ocelot. I have a question about ongoing maintenance of the code. I'm using the API mode so have alot of my own code in the the homeseer.ino file. I see a bunch of code for communications at the end, as well as some customization interspersed (ie setup). If I update the plugin version, do I need to do something to that embedded code in my .ino file?
    Yes you would need to update the .ino sketch on the board. I guess you have only modified and added the code where it states in the Sketch so you would just have to copy and paste to the new .ino sketch. The Sketch is not updated with every version change as I did not want people to have to update the boards unless there was a code change in the sketch. There has not been much change to the API.ino for a while but the plugin traces versions to make sure they are compatible.

Greig.
    Zwave = Z-Stick, 3xHSM100� 7xACT ZDM230, 1xEverspring SM103, 2xACT HomePro ZRP210.
    X10 = CM12U, 2xAM12, 1xAW10, 1 x TM13U, 1xMS13, 2xHR10, 2xSS13
    Other Hardware = ADI Ocelot + secu16, Global Cache GC100, RFXtrx433, 3 x Foscams.
    Plugings = RFXcom, ActiveBackup, Applied Digital Ocelot, BLDeviceMatrix, BLGarbage, BLLAN, Current Cost, Global Cache GC100,HSTouch Android, HSTouch Server, HSTouch Server Unlimited, NetCAM, PowerTrigger, SageWebcamXP, SqueezeBox, X10 CM11A/CM12U.
    Scripts =
    Various

Comment

ok that's good to know. I see a version in the .ino that's 1.0.0.81 - is that how I would know if the base sketch has a change?

Comment

Originally posted by ksdehoff View Post
        ok that's good to know. I see a version in the .ino that's 1.0.0.81 - is that how I would know if the base sketch has a change?
        Yes the this number would change in the sketch. The plugin will also report a version miss-match if you update and try to connect to an old sketch version.

Greig.
        Zwave = Z-Stick, 3xHSM100� 7xACT ZDM230, 1xEverspring SM103, 2xACT HomePro ZRP210.
        X10 = CM12U, 2xAM12, 1xAW10, 1 x TM13U, 1xMS13, 2xHR10, 2xSS13
        Other Hardware = ADI Ocelot + secu16, Global Cache GC100, RFXtrx433, 3 x Foscams.
        Plugings = RFXcom, ActiveBackup, Applied Digital Ocelot, BLDeviceMatrix, BLGarbage, BLLAN, Current Cost, Global Cache GC100,HSTouch Android, HSTouch Server, HSTouch Server Unlimited, NetCAM, PowerTrigger, SageWebcamXP, SqueezeBox, X10 CM11A/CM12U.
        Scripts =
        Various

Comment

Working...
        X