Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Multiple Arduino boards, performance question (for Greig)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Multiple Arduino boards, performance question (for Greig)

Greig

I'm curious as to performance of the Arduino plugin, reason I ask this is:

Configuration:

Arduino1: LCD, events, write line 1, clear 1 second later, write line 2, clear 1 second later, write line 3, clear one second later, write line 4, clear one second later. Basically a "waterfall down the LCD and repeating endlessly

Arduino2: Relay toggling 1 second on, 1 second off.

Once I start the LCD event, the relay on arduino 2 either stays solid on or off. If I disable event on Arduino 1, the relay on the 2nd doesnt recover, I have to stop HS and restart.

Does your plugin have threads ? Is there something in the LCD process that hogs resources or takes control as a priority ?

Thankyou..Peter
    HS 2.2.0.11

Hi Peter. Yes the plugin has threads but I am not a programmer and this is the first time I have written anything like this. It started as a HS2 script but has grown arms and legs. I will have a look over the LCD code and check it.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk
    Zwave = Z-Stick, 3xHSM100� 7xACT ZDM230, 1xEverspring SM103, 2xACT HomePro ZRP210.
    X10 = CM12U, 2xAM12, 1xAW10, 1 x TM13U, 1xMS13, 2xHR10, 2xSS13
    Other Hardware = ADI Ocelot + secu16, Global Cache GC100, RFXtrx433, 3 x Foscams.
    Plugings = RFXcom, ActiveBackup, Applied Digital Ocelot, BLDeviceMatrix, BLGarbage, BLLAN, Current Cost, Global Cache GC100,HSTouch Android, HSTouch Server, HSTouch Server Unlimited, NetCAM, PowerTrigger, SageWebcamXP, SqueezeBox, X10 CM11A/CM12U.
    Scripts =
    Various

Comment

Greig

No problems...from the little I've done with the inputs and outputs, that all works as expected. I've done a little more testing with the LCD (repetitive events) and its not behaving as expected but again thats limited to the LCD and some of the testing would never be an issue in a real life scenario.

Again the only reason I'm doing this is to make sure those Ethernet boards don't loose connectivity. I must say they are rock solid.

Mate, its an awesome plugin and you really have done a sterling job. Its motivated me to get back into HS....

Cheers..Pete
      HS 2.2.0.11

Comment

Thanks for the kind words Pete. I have had a quick look at the code and think I might has found the problem. I will try and get this fix in to the next Beta.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk
        Zwave = Z-Stick, 3xHSM100� 7xACT ZDM230, 1xEverspring SM103, 2xACT HomePro ZRP210.
        X10 = CM12U, 2xAM12, 1xAW10, 1 x TM13U, 1xMS13, 2xHR10, 2xSS13
        Other Hardware = ADI Ocelot + secu16, Global Cache GC100, RFXtrx433, 3 x Foscams.
        Plugings = RFXcom, ActiveBackup, Applied Digital Ocelot, BLDeviceMatrix, BLGarbage, BLLAN, Current Cost, Global Cache GC100,HSTouch Android, HSTouch Server, HSTouch Server Unlimited, NetCAM, PowerTrigger, SageWebcamXP, SqueezeBox, X10 CM11A/CM12U.
        Scripts =
        Various

Comment

Originally posted by petez69 View Post
          Greig

No problems...from the little I've done with the inputs and outputs, that all works as expected.

Cheers..Pete
          Pete, have you tried with analog inputs?
          Is my opinion that there are some problems using analogs input pins.

In the weekend I'll remove all analog input moving them on API board.

So I can see if other lag will occur.

Comment

Working...
          X