Newbie question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbie question

I am just starting out with Arduino and have been tinkering for a few months.

I have been using mysensors and their plugin but am considering changing to this plugin.

I see that the plugin has a limitation of 9 boards which brings me to my question...

I have a serial gateway connected via usb into my homeseer computer and have many different sensors (for purposes of this question assume it is more than 10 different sensors, with each sensor consisting of an arduino, a wireless chip and the sensor itself) all communicating through that single gateway which connects into homeseer with the mysensors plugin. Is the gateway that I am using considered 1 of the 9 boards that this plugin will accommodate or does each sensor count as a board?

If no one has done this you can simply install the arduino plugin and add a board and see.

Pete
    HS 2.2.0.11

Comment

I tried to install the plugin but it won't allow me to because when I started experimenting with arduino several months ago I briefly installed this plugin and so I guess the system thinks the trial period is over (which I guess it technically is), although I never really got a chance to test the plugin. This is why I am asking the question as I don't want to buy the plugin if it doesn't have the basic capability I need.

Comment

Originally posted by adamgreenberg View Post
        I tried to install the plugin but it won't allow me to because when I started experimenting with arduino several months ago I briefly installed this plugin and so I guess the system thinks the trial period is over (which I guess it technically is), although I never really got a chance to test the plugin. This is why I am asking the question as I don't want to buy the plugin if it doesn't have the basic capability I need.
        You can contact the HS Help Desk to reset the trial for you.

Cheers
        Al
        HS 3.0.0.548: 1990 Devices 1172 Events
        Z-Wave 3.0.1.262: 126 Nodes on one Z-Net

Comment

Thanks for the suggestion. I didn't know they could/would reset a trial.

Comment

Working...
          X