ESP8266 - Proof of Concept

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by marekd1 View Post
    That definitely did the trick. Thank you. One more question: I tried to use Offset to compensate for the error in reading without any results. What is the proper usage for the Offset setting for both positive and negative compensation in the reading?

Thank you
    Mark
    Where are you setting the offset?

Comment

Originally posted by AllanMar View Post
      Where are you setting the offset?
      Here is the screen capture:
      Attached Files

Comment

Here is the screen capture:

Must be something to do with how the plugin updates the value, you'd have to check with the author.

Comment

Must be something to do with how the plugin updates the value, you'd have to check with the author.
          Thanks, I will followup. In general if you have used DTH22 how is the acuracy of the Humidity? In my case I have almost 20 points difference.

Mark

Comment

Another question. I have the API for DHT22 running for a bit now but I do not beleive the data for humidity is correct. Looks like I am off by 30 points in most cases So when the humidity should show 57 it shows 27.
            Tried number of different DHT22's with same result. Is there anything in the code that could potentiay skew this reading?

I did see some folks are using this in the same way as mine, are the humidity readings in line with actuals?

THanks
            Mark

Comment

Another question. I have the API for DHT22 running for a bit now but I do not beleive the data for humidity is correct. Looks like I am off by 30 points in most cases So when the humidity should show 57 it shows 27.
              Tried number of different DHT22's with same result. Is there anything in the code that could potentiay skew this reading?

I did see some folks are using this in the same way as mine, are the humidity readings in line with actuals?

THanks
              Mark
              I don't use these sensors so I can't say. What DHT Arduino library are you using though? There isn't anything in this API sketch that would do anything, although there could be something with the library/ESP8266.

Do all the DHT22's you've tried read roughly the same number?

Comment

I don't use these sensors so I can't say. What DHT Arduino library are you using though? There isn't anything in this API sketch that would do anything, although there could be something with the library/ESP8266.

Do all the DHT22's you've tried read roughly the same number?
                I get consistant reading between sensors so I would say there is no error in the read. The reading also changes as I put the sensors in more humid conditions. Temeprature is dead on. Library is 1.2.3 by Adafruit

Not sure where the problem could be..
                Attached Files
                Last edited by marekd1; June 16, 2016, 08:08 PM.

Comment

I get consistant reading between sensors so I would say there is no error in the read. The reading also changes as I put the sensors in more humid conditions. Temeprature is dead on. Library is 1.2.3 by Adafruit

Not sure where the problem could be..
                  That's a pretty popular lib so Id be skeptical the problem is there. I don't know, theres lots of sites on the web where people have tested the accuracy of DHT22 and found it within 2-5%. Are you sure whatever your using for comparison might not also be off?

Comment

That's a pretty popular lib so Id be skeptical the problem is there. I don't know, theres lots of sites on the web where people have tested the accuracy of DHT22 and found it within 2-5%. Are you sure whatever your using for comparison might not also be off?
                    yes I can't figure this out either. I will try on regular arduino and see if there is a difference. THe only other option is two bad sensors which although possible it is somewhat unlikely.

Thanks for you input AllanMar

Comment

I/O control

I have a most likely stupid question.

I am not able to read/control the D0 through D8 pins. Is there anything special that I need to do in the configuration at HS3 Arduino plugin level other that specify which are Inputs or Outputs?

Unless the mapping is different...

I connect fine but state does not seem to change.

Also can I use all 8 D pins or some are used by the wireless ?

Thanks
                      Mark

Comment

I have a most likely stupid question.

I am not able to read/control the D0 through D8 pins. Is there anything special that I need to do in the configuration at HS3 Arduino plugin level other that specify which are Inputs or Outputs?

Unless the mapping is different...

I connect fine but state does not seem to change.

Also can I use all 8 D pins or some are used by the wireless ?

Thanks
                        Mark
                        It's likely that the mapping is different. No pins are used for Wifi (built in), but there are some reserved pins.
                        The arduino plugin is GPIO numbers, not D numbers. So in the plugin 2 is not necessarily D2.

If you have NodeMCU board check here:
                        https://raw.githubusercontent.com/no...1.0_PINMAP.png

Comment

It's likely that the mapping is different. No pins are used for Wifi (built in), but there are some reserved pins.
                          The arduino plugin is GPIO numbers, not D numbers. So in the plugin 2 is not necessarily D2.

If you have NodeMCU board check here:
                          https://raw.githubusercontent.com/no...1.0_PINMAP.png
                          I have the WeMOS but I will have a look. Thanks again

Comment

Anybody been able to get the plugin to connect to a WeMos D1 Mini? Cant get mine to connect. It is pingable on the network.

Comment

Originally posted by NickStrong View Post
                              Anybody been able to get the plugin to connect to a WeMos D1 Mini? Cant get mine to connect. It is pingable on the network.
                              Yes.

I assume your using the basic sketch I posted?
                              Check what the serial monitor says. If its WDT Reset then see previous posts.

Comment

Yes, I am using the sketch from the first post in this thread. Serial monitor says nothing, it only says anything if i press the reset button on the WeMos.

Comment

Working...
                                X