Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by FernandoSolanes View Post
    full path:
    /Users/fsolanes/Documents/Arduino/libraries/ESP8266WiFi/src/include/UdpContext.h
    Multiple libraries were found for "ESP8266WiFi.h"
    Used: /Users/fsolanes/Documents/Arduino/libraries/ESP8266WiFi
    Not used: /Users/fsolanes/Library/Arduino15/packages/esp8266/hardware/esp8266/2.2.0/libraries/ESP8266WiFi

I would delete
    /Users/fsolanes/Documents/Arduino/libraries/ESP8266WiFi

And put the patch file in /Users/fsolanes/Library/Arduino15/packages/esp8266/hardware/esp8266/2.2.0/libraries/ESP8266WiFi/src/include/ overwriting the original as mentioned above.

Comment

WOW! that worked..funny that it said it was taking the file from the other place but yet that did it!!!
      Thank you for being so patient...
      Now it works, i will leave it up and running to see how stable it is. But Temperature and Humidity are visible on HomeSeer

Comment

For Those looking to get a cheap and easy H/T Wifi Sensor, here is a picture of mine.
        Thank you Allan for all your Help and Thank you Greig for the Plugin
        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by FernandoSolanes View Post
          For Those looking to get a cheap and easy H/T Wifi Sensor, here is a picture of mine.
          Thank you Allan for all your Help and Thank you Greig for the Plugin
          No problem.

You may want to check these out for an even more compact setup:
          http://www.aliexpress.com/store/prod...532550299.html

Comment

FYI, a new beta version of the ESP8266 libs have been posted.
            https://github.com/esp8266/Arduino/r.../tag/2.3.0-rc1

If you use the following beta (staging) boards manager URL you won't have to make the patch mentioned above:
            http://arduino.esp8266.com/staging/p...com_index.json

Comment

Thanks Allan

Will give that a go when I make it home next week. Are you finding the orders from China slow ? I've had 3 units now fail to turn up and gotten my money back...

Pete
              HS 2.2.0.11

Comment

A question: but what can I do with this ESP8266?
                Ok, I upload the sketch and it become an more powerful arduino (more memory, faster cpu, etc.)
                Then, I think that I can use it wireless... but with arduino plugin, I can se the module as connected by lan?

Sorry for my stupidity, but I'd like know the capabilities of this product.

(now I'm working and tesitng nrf24l01...)

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by khriss75 View Post
                  A question: but what can I do with this ESP8266?

Ok, I upload the sketch and it become an more powerful arduino (more memory, faster cpu, etc.)

Then, I think that I can use it wireless... but with arduino plugin, I can se the module as connected by lan?

Sorry for my stupidity, but I'd like know the capabilities of this product.

(now I'm working and tesitng nrf24l01...)

Thanks

The esp8266 is a cheap, powerful WiFi arduino so you can use it for anything you want to use an arduino for.
                  This sketch lets you use it with the arduino plugin like you would an arduino with Ethernet shield.

The nrf24 require an arduino or something on both ends but are better for battery consumption.

Comment

Originally posted by AllanMar View Post
                    The esp8266 is a cheap, powerful WiFi arduino so you can use it for anything you want to use an arduino for.
                    This sketch lets you use it with the arduino plugin like you would an arduino with Ethernet shield.

The nrf24 require an arduino or something on both ends but are better for battery consumption.
                    Thanks Allan!
                    I ordered 2 pcs. I'd like to test this board with your sketch.
                    I'll start with a on/off led.

Thank you

Cristian

Comment

Cristian

It flashes the onboard LED very well :-) I had it on the bench turning the led on/off every 2 seconds for 2 weeks....

Enjoy !
                      HS 2.2.0.11

Comment

Petez, a flashing long run test is it for your Disco Party room?

I need some info:

-I have read the sketch, but where can I find the association pin/connection?
                        -The sketch I the "standard" mode, so I can select IN and OUT from HS plugin, correct?

But I think that I could use ESP in API mode, obviously with proper API sketch, correct?

I bought the V3 version (the only available).

Comment

Cristian

I think its pin 2 for the onboard blue led. Select this as an output in the Arduino plugin....you should then be able to toggle the led from the device management page.

Just checked, yes its PIN 2...

As for the other pins, I need to go test it myself and see what works. Note Allan has defined 1 PWM pin, you will need to go through his sketch to see the definition, I cant recall the pin.

Trial and error, you cant break it too much :-)

Pete
                          HS 2.2.0.11

Comment

Guys,
                            I am thinking of utilizing the ESP to run a 12v solenoid valve, flow meter, moisture sensor, and a temperature sensor. Is this possible off of one adafruit ESP? It would be powered through the usb and the solenoid would be connect this way http://www.bc-robotics.com/tutorials...-with-arduino/

Thanks for the help

Comment

Originally posted by KoryDoubleYou View Post
                              Guys,
                              I am thinking of utilizing the ESP to run a 12v solenoid valve, flow meter, moisture sensor, and a temperature sensor. Is this possible off of one adafruit ESP? It would be powered through the usb and the solenoid would be connect this way http://www.bc-robotics.com/tutorials...-with-arduino/

Thanks for the help
                              Should be. Just keep in mind the ESP8266 has no 9V power like Arduino does, and the inputs/outputs are 3.3V not 5V like arduino, so you'll have to adjust your circuitry accordingly.

Comment

Just found this project https://github.com/happy-bubbles/nfc
                                Does almost what I want just not sure how to receive the http post into homeseer. Maybe someone can adapt it?

Comment

Working...
                                X