Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• aldo
    replied
    Ditto it and of course you, which try to always help everyone in a need.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• logbuilder
    replied
    I'd like to give a big shout out and mucho thanks to @AllanMar and @enigmatheatre for getting the nodeMCU wireless mode to work with the plugin.

To me, being able to make wireless projects and place them only needing power is just what I was wanting.

Combined with the API sketch I am one happy camper.

Thanks again to you both!

Leave a comment:

• enigmatheatre
    replied
    Originally posted by logbuilder View Post
    Is the help file on the plugin page the same as the user manual?
    Yep thats the one.

Greig.

Leave a comment:

• logbuilder
    replied
    Originally posted by enigmatheatre View Post
    It is in the user manual.

Greig.
    Is the help file on the plugin page the same as the user manual?

Leave a comment:

• enigmatheatre
    replied
    Originally posted by logbuilder View Post
    Where would we find documentation on how the APIs work?
    It is in the user manual.

Greig.

Leave a comment:

• logbuilder
    replied
    Where would we find documentation on how the APIs work?

Leave a comment:

• enigmatheatre
    replied
    The NodeMCU API Mode is now available in V1.0.0.140(Betta)

Greig.

Leave a comment:

• luisr320
    replied
    Can anyone please test their board and see if they can reproduce this problem:

At this time, if I disconnect the power to the board and reconnect it back on, I loose all the input capability as well as the blink function on the output and the status of the output is not updated (but I can turn the LED ON and OFF) until I do a "Disconnect"/"Reconnect" on the Device Management Page (or the plugin config page) in Homeseer. A "Reset" won't do it, though. After that, all works back again.
    Thank you

Leave a comment:

• jim@beersman.com
    replied
    Yes this is also on the list as the next thing to look at.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk
    Glad to hear it. I'm planning on putting one in my tool shed to monitor if anyone is getting in when they should not be and wanted to add a temperature sensor while I was at it.

You do great work.

Leave a comment:

• enigmatheatre
    replied
    Originally posted by jim@beersman.com View Post
    Are you going to add the Dallas 1-Wire to your NodeMcu capabilities?
    Yes this is also on the list as the next thing to look at.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• jim@beersman.com
    replied
    Yes I plan to do a API for the NodeMCU but this will take a little time to sort out.

Greig.
    Are you going to add the Dallas 1-Wire to your NodeMcu capabilities?

Leave a comment:

• luisr320
    replied
    Originally posted by AllanMar View Post
    If people are interested in the ESP8266 they should keep an eye on it's newer bigger brother as well (ESP32). It is alot more "arduino-like" in it's features (more analog/etc). Support is still coming along and they arent as plentiful currently though but i've had pretty good luck with them in the little bit i've done with them.

If you want analog-io with a esp8266 though I would strongly suggest getting an external i2c ADC like ADS1115 (~$2 on ebay) as the built in one is not very good. You'd have to use the API sketch with the plugin though as there isn't support in the base sketch.
    The ESP32 is really interesting, with wifi and Bluetooth capability. It may well be an Arduino killer. And they have it running with the Arduino IDE. Maybe a ESP32 Arduino in in the works.

Leave a comment:

• luisr320
    replied
    @cowsr4eating,
    no problem. I'll keep an eye on the thread to check how you are doing.

Just a note regarding my setup: at this time, if I disconnect the power to the board and reconnect it back on, I loose all the input capability as well as the blink function on the output and the status of the output is not updated (but I can turn the LED ON and OFF) until I do a "Disconnect"/"Reconnect" on the Device Management Page (or the plugin config page) in Homeseer. A "Reset" won't do it, though. After that, all works back again.

I've sent a bug report to Greig about this.
    Can anyone please confirm if they are having the same issues?

Leave a comment:

• AllanMar
    replied
    If people are interested in the ESP8266 they should keep an eye on it's newer bigger brother as well (ESP32). It is alot more "arduino-like" in it's features (more analog/etc). Support is still coming along and they arent as plentiful currently though but i've had pretty good luck with them in the little bit i've done with them.

If you want analog-io with a esp8266 though I would strongly suggest getting an external i2c ADC like ADS1115 (~$2 on ebay) as the built in one is not very good. You'd have to use the API sketch with the plugin though as there isn't support in the base sketch.

Leave a comment:

• cowsr4eating
    replied
    @luisr320

Thank you for the info. I did not realize the signals to the ESP needed to also be 3.3V. I literally received Arduino this week, wrote a basic sketch to test the unit before my ESP8266 arrived,and I did not have any of the ESP core loaded. Not since college (many decades ago) did I program CPUs without some console for feedback, so I appreciate the patience and tips. I'll look at this over the long weekend and see if I can't get it running with the guidance you provided.

Thanks again!

Guy

Leave a comment:

Working...
X